Author Topic: nerfed archer again  (Read 30443 times)

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
Re: nerfed archer again
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2011, 10:18:03 pm »

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2011, 10:33:23 pm »
Actually, it's because I love playing archer, and I like it to be special.

Sad. What do you think about playing 2H? That can be very special with nerfed weapon.

Something like this...

S of Tears. Special edition.

weight 2.5
requirement 18
spd rtng 70
weapon length 88
swing damage 28, cut
thrust damage 20, cut
Can't use on horseback
Can't use with armor heavier than 9,5

And just for lulz - they need some ugly animation too. Or just make polearm animation for all 2h. They are special anyway.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2011, 10:35:35 pm »
Sad. What do you think about playing 2H? That can be very special with nerfed weapon.

Something like this...

S of Tears. Special edition.

weight 2.5
requirement 18
spd rtng 70
weapon length 88
swing damage 28, cut
thrust damage 20, cut
Can't use on horseback
Can't use with armor heavier than 9,5

And just for lulz - they need some ugly animation too. Or just make polearm animation for all 2h. They are special anyway.

No matter what you try to do, 2h will never be special.  It's the McDonald's double cheeseburger of mount and blade.  Bland, boring, everywhere, and the people partaking of it think it's the greatest thing in the world.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2011, 10:51:05 pm »
Didn't really notice a difference in actual gameplay.  Honestly, it's still the same shooting mechanic.  Fire one arrow, see where it lands, adjust accordingly.  You still don't typically kill people unless it's a head shot, and the decreased arrow amount hardly affects gameplay unless you're one of those archers that hide miles away shooting at dots not hitting anything repeatedly.  Of course, I didn't notice a difference because I'm a khergit/strong bow user but damn does this thread imply there are (were) a ton of longbow users pre-fix.  Which is very hard to believe, anytime I look at another archer their bow has some recurvey shape to them, implying the two bows I use and sometimes the war bow.

I hope people still think it's enough of a nerf to stop playing archers now though, there really were too many of them.
-idlewind

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lorn
  • IRC nick: Lorn
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2011, 11:14:55 pm »
Didn't really notice a difference in actual gameplay.  Honestly, it's still the same shooting mechanic.  Fire one arrow, see where it lands, adjust accordingly.  You still don't typically kill people unless it's a head shot, and the decreased arrow amount hardly affects gameplay unless you're one of those archers that hide miles away shooting at dots not hitting anything repeatedly.  Of course, I didn't notice a difference because I'm a khergit/strong bow user but damn does this thread imply there are (were) a ton of longbow users pre-fix.  Which is very hard to believe, anytime I look at another archer their bow has some recurvey shape to them, implying the two bows I use and sometimes the war bow.

I hope people still think it's enough of a nerf to stop playing archers now though, there really were too many of them.

Yep, there's no real difference in game play...unless of course you did use a longbow with 250+ wpf pre-big patch and spammed arrows killing everyone in one hit...then professing that they really have skill at the game, when they really don't...shocking!!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2011, 11:18:37 pm »
Yep, there's no real difference in game play...unless of course you did use a longbow with 250+ wpf pre-big patch and spammed arrows killing everyone in one hit...then professing that they really have skill at the game, when they really don't...shocking!!!

Methinks there's a jab at Kesh somewhere in here...   :lol:

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2011, 11:24:15 pm »

I don't...why would there be?

I was just going off of what Kaelaen said.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2011, 11:25:26 pm »

No worries, hes just jealous of my luxurious red mane of hair.  We all know it, no need to deny it, oh yeah and maybe that I am always killing lorne and his little lorne horsey.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 11:26:32 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2011, 11:29:10 pm »
I don't...why would there be?

Oh...
I dunno, the rivalry?

Nevermind.

Playing on my archer the only beef I have with it all is that for some reason I seem to have hit this plateu on draw speed and reticule size.  I'm currently trying to gain a speed benefit by dropping down to the short bow, but I'm not noticing any difference from my khergit.  On the other hand, I'm facing off against this one archer on the other team (who is a great shot mind you, not denying that) who is drawing his strong bow faster than me.  It's weird, maybe just a wpf difference, but I'm at 140 wpf so... /shrug.

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2011, 11:39:44 pm »
No worries, hes just jealous of my luxurious red mane of hair.  We all know it, no need to deny it, oh yeah and maybe that I am always killing lorne and his little lorne horsey.

*Looks around furiously for the little Lorne Horsey*

Nope...don't see it...

I don't see why Kesh should be mad...unless of course he is a skill less arrow spammer that used a longbow....

Playing on my archer the only beef I have with it all is that for some reason I seem to have hit this plateu on draw speed and reticule size.  I'm currently trying to gain a speed benefit by dropping down to the short bow, but I'm not noticing any difference from my khergit.  On the other hand, I'm facing off against this one archer on the other team (who is a great shot mind you, not denying that) who is drawing his strong bow faster than me.  It's weird, maybe just a wpf difference, but I'm at 140 wpf so... /shrug.

Well there is a difference between 140 and 160 contrary to popular belief.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 11:41:26 pm by Lorn »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2011, 11:44:41 pm »
Well there is a difference between 140 and 160 contrary to popular belief.

I'm sure, I just didn't think it was quite so pronounced.

Offline Mouse

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Mouse, Nezumi, Maus
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2011, 12:00:37 am »
WPF functions on a curve which is influenced heavily by PD. In the past, 140 WPF PD6 would be a true WPF of like 90, while 160 WPF PD6 would be a true WPF of like 150. Parity is achieved at 166-167 WPF. 180 WPF PD6 would be a true WPF of closer to 200.

The armor weight formula was changed, so the WPF/PD curve may have been changed as well. The cRPG devs are keeping them secret now, but the WPF difference between 140 and 160 WPF is probably more than just 20 WPF after the WPF/PD curve has been applied, especially if the person with more WPF has lower PD.

Offline Wench

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • lets post!!!! posting party in this thread!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Wench, Revolting, Barda
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2011, 12:04:11 am »
It is an experiment, it might get reverted again, but it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

The idea is that archery should not get nerfed by decreasing damage or increasing randomness, but should take more skill to handle. Bows should no longer be lasersighted sniper rifles, but you will have to lead your targets and take the trajectory more into account.

If it will not get reverted, bows might get more accuracy or more damage to compensate, we'll wait and see how it turns out.

(Oh and this was my idea)

I don't mind the trajectory nerf, I can still shoot speeding horses from across the map without missing. It's throwing me off a little for longer range hits, I got to get used to it. There needs to be some tradeoff though, yeah. I'd say add in more accuracy and less randomness, buff accuracy.

LLJK POSTING SQUAD FOR LIFE NO REGRETS!!!!

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2011, 12:06:59 am »
keep nerfing ON!

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2011, 12:17:43 am »
keep nerfing ON!
yeah keep Nerfing On!
And for the IDIO*** talking about skilled archers: There is no skilled archer, there is allways someone who needs to be nerfed. And To spam? Because evrything has been nerfed, therefore you cant hit anything and it seems like spaming arrows. Play an archer like i did, long ranged shots over the whole map and hit somebody. You can do it? Then wait until next patch and next patch and.....