Author Topic: Cavalry Are Still Overpowered  (Read 7596 times)

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
Re: Cavalry Are Still Overpowered
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2011, 01:49:27 am »
Im a polearm and when i carry a long spear cav avoid me like the plague, until i drop it though

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2011, 02:36:50 am »
If u dont ull get warned by a admin.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2011, 03:17:53 am »
+1
Most teams are like this because they aren't communicating with each other. It's a random match. Like I said earlier, even if I use a polearm as much as possible, not everyone on my team would have the same idea; and one man can't make such a difference. I'm still going to lose. I'll lose money, get cheaper gear, and just be an easier target to cavalry. Cavalry are at the top of the food chain and have too much control over the game.

Of course a few people use their long weapons, but it doesn't always work because cavalry are still hard to kill either way unless you team up against one of them.

News flash, the team that sticks together the best wins the VAST majority of the time.  Instead of crying on the forums maybe you could try leading your team, convince/persuade them to stick together to beat cav.

If you think cav is so easy, roll cav and you'll see the grass is always greener.  Anyone with a polearm or 2h sword (which accounts for 50% of population) and even most 1h swords can impale you in a heartbeat if you are foolish enough to charge them.  Not to mention even the players carrying anti-cav weapons die, anyone can wonder by and pick up their weapons to counter you.

Play both sides and make an informed post instead of your ignorance.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2011, 07:33:38 am »
Instead of crying on the forums maybe you could try leading your team, convince/persuade them to stick together to beat cav.

Because pub players in internet games are renown for their cohesion, teamwork and willingness to work together and listen to each other.

In other news;  The government is here to help you.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2011, 03:42:39 pm »
Are you the guy that kept on trying to outrange my heavy lance with a poleaxe? Yeah, maybe you should have picked up a long spear and made it almost impossible for me to kill you instead of dieing repeatedly.

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2011, 03:48:16 pm »
I made a topic about the roof/high jumper HEAVY horses, but nooo they said we have to keep that for balance....
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2011, 05:19:04 pm »
+2
Yes, of all things in the game that need balancing, we need to buff rooftop camping and nerf horse jumping.  Please, if you are dumb enough to think you're safe from LLJK heavy cav squad a mere 5-10 meters off the ground, you deserve the epic leaping lance you get to end the match.  During this strain of matches, it was literally me and BADPLAYER +4 others against about 15-18 players. 

If everyone bought a pike or crossbow or something, like everyone did when Dark Karma, Marcus, and some other Chaos guys finally came on, we would've been totally shut down.  Instead you guys just tried to hide in a corner or rushed out, loaded with short 2 handers and tunnel visioned bowmen.

They've nerfed cavalry literally every patch in a row.  It can hardly be nerfed any more to justify the high costs.  The fact of the matter is cavalry just dominated medieval battlefields IRL and they do in this game.  People play like cavalry don't exist or aren't a big deal then just get wrecked from behind by them.  You can't "balance" for poor situational awareness, you should focus on improving instead.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2011, 01:07:48 am »
Leaping lance is one of the best things in crpg. Something I've pulled off a couple of time in the past.

You think your safe from cav in the top floor of the ruined house on the map Ruins last player on the map. Think again infantry nub (charges down hill with heavy horse and leaps over the stairs and through the door to lance in the face).

Joking aside, cav is nerfed enough. Leave us alone please  :cry:

Offline Draulius

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2011, 06:00:37 am »
Leaping lance is one of the best things in crpg. Something I've pulled off a couple of time in the past.

You think your safe from cav in the top floor of the ruined house on the map Ruins last player on the map. Think again infantry nub (charges down hill with heavy horse and leaps over the stairs and through the door to lance in the face).

Joking aside, cav is nerfed enough. Leave us alone please  :cry:
You're saying you don't want Cavalry nerfed just because you play them. From an infantry standpoint, it's true, they could still be toned-down. See for yourself some time.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2011, 06:18:16 am »
I do infantry all the time, with a Danish Greatsword I can kill pretty much any cav.  If I'm polearms I always bring a long spear on cav maps to support my team.  I try to not stay alone and keep an eye on where cav are.  Cav just fuck you if they catch you unaware or knock you down while you are fighting.  This isn't a matter of stats, just player knowledge of the game.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Draulius

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2011, 06:37:15 am »
I do infantry all the time, with a Danish Greatsword I can kill pretty much any cav.  If I'm polearms I always bring a long spear on cav maps to support my team.  I try to not stay alone and keep an eye on where cav are.  Cav just fuck you if they catch you unaware or knock you down while you are fighting.  This isn't a matter of stats, just player knowledge of the game.
A knowledgeable cavalry can always beat a knowledgeable infantry (unless there's a fluke). That's the thing, they always have an advantage no matter what.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2011, 07:13:17 am »
+1
No, they can't.  Long spears and Pikes out range any lance in the game.  Danish/German Greatswords on a thrust almost have the same reach.  Infantry can carry crossbows that one shot most horses.  You can just strafe to the side at the last second and they miss the lance.  What kind of changes would you recommend anyways?  They already reduced lancing angle to much less then what it is, made horses more expensive, and have lowered all the horse stats repeatedly every patch.  Sounds like you're recommending cav is just removed from the game because it's too scary to deal with.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2011, 07:21:47 am »
You can just strafe to the side at the last second and they miss the lance. 

This only works against cav that pressed the couched lance key and then walked away from the keyboard.  Just saying.

Other than that I agree with everything you said.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2011, 07:25:32 am »
A knowledgeable cavalry can always beat a knowledgeable infantry (unless there's a fluke). That's the thing, they always have an advantage no matter what.

How? If both players are of equal skill and aware of each other, it is impossible for a cavalry unit to hurt a Pike/Long Spear user and avoid getting the horse stunned and then him or it killed. Also keep in mind that a bamboo spear is longer then even a heavy lance, and if you use it in one hand (like a shield) then your thrust animation is identical to that of the cavalry unit who has a heavy lance, and thus can still outrange him even as a spartan build...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 07:26:36 am by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2011, 08:06:34 am »
No, they can't.  Long spears and Pikes out range any lance in the game.  Danish/German Greatswords on a thrust almost have the same reach.  Infantry can carry crossbows that one shot most horses.  You can just strafe to the side at the last second and they miss the lance.  What kind of changes would you recommend anyways?  They already reduced lancing angle to much less then what it is, made horses more expensive, and have lowered all the horse stats repeatedly every patch.  Sounds like you're recommending cav is just removed from the game because it's too scary to deal with.

well said. I think this post pretty much covers the debate.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol: