Author Topic: Cavalry Are Still Overpowered  (Read 7309 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: Cavalry Are Still Overpowered
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2011, 12:16:08 pm »
There were multiple small Cavalry nerfs, which probably makes you think they were heavily nerfed, but that is hardly the case. If they're nerfed again I bet you will learn to adapt, and in my opinion they do need another fix. I didn't hide on a roof myself by the way, actually my entire team stayed back and did. We had only one Cavalry on our team too. Auto-balance is a big part of problems like these, because it hardly does it's job well. There's only so much you can do on large, open maps too.

For starters, Cavalry shouldn't be able to use their weapon while mid-air.

Cav should have the advantage on open maps. Just as infantry does on town maps.

Neither should infantry  :rolleyes:

Offline Draulius

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2011, 12:25:14 pm »
Cav should have the advantage on open maps. Just as infantry does on town maps.

Neither should infantry  :rolleyes:
Then why would anyone want to play on those maps if they're not the supported class for it? Imbalance!

Neither should infantry? Then Cavalry, and trick shots would be impossible. Now you're just being silly.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2011, 12:28:51 pm »
uhm, i cba to read all of this. but you are a polearm user and you complain about cav?
I'm cav/2h but on the ground i often pick up a pike/heavy lance to fend off horses. Since the horse turn nerf to 40 degrees it is ridiculously easy to kill horsemen with any long weapon as the horses head extends so far forward its easy to hit WAY before they hit you with their lance.

When i get a long spear, i can take on 3-4 cav at the same time.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Ginosaji

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kukurutz, Whale_of_pure_Harmony, Topfentascherl, TRAFFIC_LIGHT
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2011, 12:30:21 pm »
Only thing I really hate about cav are the bumpslashes, that's so cheap although it's easy to dodge if you don't lack in battle awareness.

Besides that cavalry is fine for me. There could be a bit less cav players but IMHO cav is one of the classes which need a lot of skill to be really good at. If there's not the whole GK clan in one team there are usually only 2-3 players you really should be aware of at once.

Yesterday I killed Dutch_Glyph 3 times in a row with a One handed battle axe - 2 times he was on his horse. :)

Offline Draulius

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2011, 12:36:42 pm »
uhm, i cba to read all of this. but you are a polearm user and you complain about cav?
I'm cav/2h but on the ground i often pick up a pike/heavy lance to fend off horses. Since the horse turn nerf to 40 degrees it is ridiculously easy to kill horsemen with any long weapon as the horses head extends so far forward its easy to hit WAY before they hit you with their lance.

When i get a long spear, i can take on 3-4 cav at the same time.
It's not that simple. These are large-scale battles we're talking about. If you read the thread, you'd know. Check out reply #14.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2011, 12:39:48 pm »
It's not that simple. These are large-scale battles we're talking about. If you read the thread, you'd know. Check out reply #14.

yeh, i read a few posts. You seem to say that the cav clans are on vent while you are fighting in a random team. So one of your points is that the organized cavalry is owning the disorganized inf? Well yeh, watch a siege server when half the shogunate clan is on and see which side wins 9 times out of 10. Organized clans will almost always beat random inf. If your inf stuck together and had a few pikes that covered their rear and voice communication, i'm sure they would do better.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2011, 12:41:42 pm »
yeh, i read a few posts. You seem to say that the cav clans are on vent while you are fighting in a random team. So one of your points is that the organized cavalry is owning the disorganized inf? Well yeh, watch a siege server when half the shogunate clan is on and see which side wins 9 times out of 10. Organized clans will almost always beat random inf. If your inf stuck together and had a few pikes that covered their rear and voice communication, i'm sure they would do better.

Yup and unfortunately for random pubbys, most of crpg revolves around clans. Most servers have 2-3 clans on at one time. One solution...join a damn clan and stop moaning (Draulius).

Btw Draulius realism arguments don't hold much weight here. You can argue realism for a whole range of infantry nerfs/buffs. The same with cavalry. But it would be horrendously unbalanced  :lol:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 12:47:13 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2011, 12:44:09 pm »
WTF! Can't believe this thread is still going on!

Overdriven is being really nice with you , cuz me your starting to piss me off. you'v been shown by i don't know how many times that youre just another tunnelvision inf with your head stuck up your ass and that refuses to admit, god you piss me off

but seriously, people of your own class say they can easily deal with charging cav!

For starters, Cavalry shouldn't be able to use their weapon while mid-air.

lol....lol.....so the jumpslash is totaly fine then?

minor nerfs

lol....lol....dude what planet are you living on?

let me introduce to you, cav nerfs, cuz you seem to be a total ignorant

-upkeep : 1.6k for a good horse (courser arabian warhose). what's your upkeep? say whaaaat?

-speed and manoeuver nerf on horses

-lance radius to 40° wich is the same as the couched lance cuz the devs cant use another radius for the moment (until WSE). it's like a couched lance! you cant avoid a couched lance?
 YOU DISERVE TO F****** DIE!

seriously overdriven you'll have to teach me how you deal with such morons so calmly, but for the moment dont answer and leave the thread die, i really doesnt diserve to be to the top of this game balance forum.

/rage off

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2011, 12:45:47 pm »
(click to show/hide)

I don't usually. But I've run my arguments into the ground in the past by being stronger. So now I find it more effective just to  :lol: at them  :P

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2011, 12:46:51 pm »
I don't usually. But I've run my arguments into the ground in the past by being stronger. So now I find it more effective just to  :lol: at them  :P

I admire you!  8-)

Offline Draulius

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2011, 12:53:23 pm »
I'm pretty sure people actually jumpslashed/jumpstabbed in real life. With cavalary that DID NOT happen.

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2011, 12:55:54 pm »
I'm pretty sure people actually jumpslashed/jumpstabbed in real life. With cavalary that DID NOT happen.

OH NO HE DIDNT! OH GAWD OH MIGHTY LORD!

you'v just made my day, can't stop laughing.

Offline Draulius

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2011, 12:57:21 pm »
OH NO HE DIDNT! OH GAWD OH MIGHTY LORD!

you'v just made my day, can't stop laughing.
Well, it looks like I've won this argument.  :wink:

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2011, 01:00:35 pm »

:lol: Basing this on movies like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon?

Simple physics would tell you that jumping in full plate (whilst lighter than often presumed, still heavy and restricting enough) and a polearm/2h weapon and slashing a full speed cavalrymen would not end well for the infantry :lol:

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2011, 01:00:45 pm »
+4
In real life if a horse runs you over you die.
I for one would supprt realism in this game!