Author Topic: And finally people show their true colors.  (Read 55691 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: And finally people show their true colors.
« Reply #375 on: July 29, 2011, 06:12:39 pm »
They could pay money for them.  That's typically what mercenaries go for.  Tydeus doesn't have any holdings and has over 2000 troops.

Defiance is just starting out, and is selling themselves as a Mercenary Army. The Mercs are established, and are selling themselves as multiple Mercenary Legions where instead of hiring a legion, you can hire multiple and effectively if you have the money hire an entire nation worth of troops. This requires land.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #376 on: July 29, 2011, 06:22:06 pm »
Defiance is just starting out, and is selling themselves as a Mercenary Army. The Mercs are established, and are selling themselves as multiple Mercenary Legions where instead of hiring a legion, you can hire multiple and effectively if you have the money hire an entire nation worth of troops. This requires land.

Don't be a naive peasant...jk.  But they are thoroughly enmeshed in the politics of Strategus so the idea of doing neutral mercing for others is a no-go... maybe if they hadn't gone for dead center of the map where the bitterest fighting and largest number of clans are vying for land that idea might have worked or thye could have vassalized themselves to Grey Order (I mean 22nd, sorry) and just asked not to have to fight anyone as vassal in return for discounted services to their overlord.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Lockt

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 29, 2011, 06:30:32 pm »

If they want to have a "nation" of troops, they're going to have to deal with all the shit a nation deals with.  They're going to have enemies, they're going to have people plotting against them, and they have allies.  With all this shit they kind of stop being mercenaries and start being a nation. 

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #378 on: July 29, 2011, 06:31:38 pm »
Some things to say:

1. First battle was really cool. Sure we lost more tickets but probably most of attackers will need more tickets then defenders in future.
2. Second battle was silly. We tried to capture all spawns and probably this cant work if there are enough defenders regardless if they wear armor or not.

2 things you should have thought off before you tried backstabbing us. Splitting a 4k army.. and think you can take 2 villages of us easly. Seems a little cocky too me  :wink:

Now look what has happend... to you 4000 troops. and your village of Emerin. Congrats in hold a village for 24 hours. costing you 2K troops and good amount of gold
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Different

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Alatar, and many more
« Reply #379 on: July 29, 2011, 06:31:46 pm »
If they want to have a "nation" of troops, they're going to have to deal with all the shit a nation deals with.  They're going to have enemies, they're going to have people plotting against them, and they have allies.  With all this shit they kind of stop being mercenaries and start being a nation. 

Well, why u put this in future ?  :lol:

It already happend all  :P

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #380 on: July 29, 2011, 06:39:24 pm »
2 things you should have thought off before you tried backstabbing us. Splitting a 4k army.. and think you can take 2 villages of us easly. Seems a little cocky too me  :wink:

Now look what has happend... to you 4000 troops. and your village of Emerin. Congrats in hold a village for 24 hours. costing you 2K troops and good amount of gold

Its not so hard cause you donated us about 30k of money left in the village and decided to fight naked instead.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #381 on: July 29, 2011, 06:49:27 pm »
Its not so hard cause you donated us about 30k of money left in the village and decided to fight naked instead.

Plus they lost the 700 men armies they put in each village as well as 1500 of those that attacked black rose, 550 mana rmy they put in Ushkuru - so about 3450 men along with the amazing gear in Ushkuru amounts to roughly 400K worth of gear.  It was  abit of a pyhrric victory on both sides ... and now the Russians smell vodka.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 29, 2011, 06:52:54 pm »
No tears, you argued that "you started it" is only for little kids. I pointed out one single example of a potential multitude where it provides a justification for otherwise immoral actions. As it is in fact a legit excuse.

HRE are probably being called this because they are allegedly on the Merc TS negotiating passage through their lands before they decided to attack them without warning or provocation, which seems the legitimate grounds for it being called a backstab.

I repeat, you dumb? This all seems obvious to me... One might imagine your being intentionally dense.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #383 on: July 29, 2011, 06:55:23 pm »
No tears, you argued that "you started it" is only for little kids. I pointed out one single example of a potential multitude where it provides a justification for otherwise immoral actions. As it is in fact a legit excuse.

Do I need to quote myself where I said that it was supposed to remain in context with the thread, and was not meant as a generalized statement on life, or did you miss that?

Here you go again:
I posted thinking that my comment would remain in context with the thread, especially since I mentioned Sportsmanship. It had nothing to do with being a generalized statement on life.

I am talking about "you started it" as in the insult flinging, hence me mentioning sportsmanship... Remain in context...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 06:58:12 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 29, 2011, 06:56:09 pm »
Seriously , its gets old.  Repeating lies over and over again doesn't make them true.

Funny hearing this from you lmao
Love will tear us apart.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 29, 2011, 06:59:05 pm »
@Cyber: fake flank attack worked well, as a spectator i didn´t see it coming!

Hehe fully agree. Those enemy Ghosters seriously pissed me off.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,12029.new.html#new
Love will tear us apart.

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #386 on: July 29, 2011, 07:00:08 pm »
We negotiated with mercs to go through their lands, yea, right xD

Are you serious?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 07:06:52 pm by v/onMega »

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 29, 2011, 07:12:30 pm »
You? Who is this You? I don't remember having a clan tag on in any of those battles, I fought from someone requesting that I do so. I was a mercenary.

I always said you were stupid and i say it once again :)

A vassal is under the protection of his suzerain (sorry if those words weren't the good ones, mostly know it in french), meaning that if he went to war he'd have to ask his suzerain and get his support

HRE were fallens' vassals, donno if they still are but if they were fallens are at war with Mercs ^^ if they weren't, well, everyone knows hre and fallens work together ;)

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #388 on: July 29, 2011, 07:13:55 pm »
HRE, it doesn't matter what happened, what's done is done, prepare for war...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #389 on: July 29, 2011, 07:14:41 pm »
I always said you were stupid and i say it once again :)

A vassal is under the protection of his suzerain (sorry if those words weren't the good ones, mostly know it in french), meaning that if he went to war he'd have to ask his suzerain and get his support

HRE were fallens' vassals, donno if they still are but if they were fallens are at war with Mercs ^^ if they weren't, well, everyone knows hre and fallens work together ;)

Do you see a fucking fallen tag on me when I was in any of the battles you god damned idiot? I'd rather be stupid then stupid and illiterate.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 07:15:52 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »