Author Topic: Official cRPG Loading Screen Graphic competition! 1 mill. reward + chadz Torch!  (Read 34107 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Kajia's pictures really makes me want to play some more cRPG all tho i have to go sleep :/ My vote is on Kajia definitely, wouldve wished that more people joined the contest tho.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
Kajia a little suggestion, maybe add a thrower to that loading pick, seems thats the only class that isnt represented. Perhaps just draw some javs on the back of one shielder in the wall?
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
Kajia a little suggestion, maybe add a thrower to that loading pick, seems thats the only class that isnt represented. Perhaps just draw some javs on the back of one shielder in the wall?

And throwing axes,

Or do an entire person and that, whichever is easier for you mate
Just a soldier

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
Ok, just to try to help other competitors join in, I will divide the prize money like this:

1st place:
70%
2nd place:
20%
3rd place:
10%

So send in your stuff guys. You can't loose!

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Kajia

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Kajia
  • IRC nick: Kajia_
Ok, just to try to help other competitors join in, I will divide the prize money like this:
(...)
So send in your stuff guys. You can't loose!

Yeah, I wouldn't want it any other way.
And let me tell you: can't lose by painting anything for a reason. It's never in vain. I always improve myself by doing so; this time too, I still can't believe it :D
Let me see your works! (but the serious ones first :wink:)

Ok, and here is some stuff by me:
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

My only gripe is the xbowman reloading makes the image a little confusing initially, try maybe changing the colours on him a bit to differentiate him from the character behind.
done.

so here is an update again:

wtf.
Take a good hard look behind/left to the poleaxe-guy ... Thrower? Thrower.
Obviously it wasn't obvious enough in the last version, so I emphasized it a bit more, to become more obvious, obviously ... :o
And the guy at the right holds, and held, a trowing axe, he got one more now, though.

Anyways.
I will have a hard day and night to finish the menu pic. Monday is study time again. yay.          ... YAY!
Peace.

Kajia's Workshop
(cRPG artwork showcase)

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
Yeah, I wouldn't want it any other way.
And let me tell you: can't lose by painting anything for a reason. It's never in vain. I always improve myself by doing so; this time too, I still can't believe it :D
Let me see your works! (but the serious ones first :wink:)

Ok, and here is some stuff by me:
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
done.

so here is an update again:
wtf.
Take a good hard look behind/left to the poleaxe-guy ... Thrower? Thrower.
Obviously it wasn't obvious enough in the last version, so I emphasized it a bit more, to become more obvious, obviously ... :o
And the guy at the right holds, and held, a trowing axe, he got one more now, though.

Anyways.
I will have a hard day and night to finish the menu pic. Monday is study time again. yay.          ... YAY!
Peace.
once again, a great job kajia!
the second pic needs some more emotion i think.

also, thx for giving my idea a try, it looks really nice with the implemented photo's

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Final_Boss

• Earl
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • joe-horan.com
  • Game nicks: Final_Boss
Kajia, I love the detail in that first pic! Will make for an excellent home screen :)

2nd pic is a bit too white! maybe darken up the background shadows a bit to break up all the white?

3rd picture, love it. I don't know about the surrounding black borders though. Would "a view from inside a helmet" look stupid?

Something like this:
(click to show/hide)

Just an idea!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 11:30:34 pm by Final_Boss »

Offline Kajia

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
"a view from inside a helmet" is not a bad idea actually, but it's not as serious. I already have the one guy to the left, who got to be the main way into the picture, like it's easy to empathize with him. A helm view would just make it useless.
Also I like my composition ;)

Second to that, imagine the loading bar, which will look best with a strictly horizontal image I reckon.

I'll work on the brightness problem in the 2nd pic, of course. Thanks for the hint!

Kajia's Workshop
(cRPG artwork showcase)

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth

Something like this:
(click to show/hide)

That's Sick. Something like that definatly!!!

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
Personally I like the original more.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
Personally I like the original more.

Same. The one guy to the left is "us", or it feels like this, and is intended to. He's the guy looking at the scene.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Final_Boss

• Earl
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • joe-horan.com
  • Game nicks: Final_Boss
I agree with everything said, the composition is great and the horizontal image works with the loading bar, I'm just not a fan of the border but that's just me!

Please excuse me for butchering your artwork kajia, (and please don't take offense) I'm just providing you with alternative ideas and I'm a very visual person.

You could do something like having the guy on the side looking at the screen instead, like so:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 01:24:59 am by Final_Boss »

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
About that second picture is that left shoulder of the guy whose back is towards us ok? I understand what the pose is but it still seems bit off to me for some reason.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Kajia

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I'm just not a fan of the border but that's just me!
I completely understand what you mean.
I said I'm open for suggestions of all kinds, hopefully ones concerning the guys, their armor, weaponry, say detail stuff. Such details are changed in no time.
But this border defines this image: Stretch the image onto full height, it would literally get ripped apart! The shieldwall pic needs a horizontal ratio like this!
I would have to make an entire new picture just to have no border here ...

I am also a visual person. The helm goes too far. As a good idea it may fit to cheap-shots picture, for the style. But in mine it just won't do.

Also, you see the second loading screen also has a border. That's because the whole process just told me none seemed to care about the border, so I needed to have one to the second loading screen too, because it all belongs together.
I'm really trying to think of any other way to weaken the border. You don't want it to be black, I guess? Maybe a pattern or a texture would do.
But still, the work is quite dark itself, and then there is all the shiny stuff like sun rays and shadows. If there is a border other than black, I guess it would make the picture dull. ... man you shot achilles heel there :)

I don't take any offense btw, artists have to stick together! :wink: teamplay, y'know?
Anyways, even if this one has an ugly border - I plan on being around for some more years - if you stick to your heirloom models for all the new items, I will draw new loading screens and customizing blahblah every new patch! (or maybe every second, lol)
Word!

About that second picture is that left shoulder of the guy whose back is towards us ok? I understand what the pose is but it still seems bit off to me for some reason.

that troubles me for some time now, there are too few people who have seen this pic and spoke their mind on anatomy. So yes it's still off, damn, I thought I had it this time. You know, I draw everything from mind; no references = more freedom, but if one is not absolutely perfect in anatomy you'll always find flaws, wrong limbs and such.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 07:07:28 pm by Kajia »

Kajia's Workshop
(cRPG artwork showcase)

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
Well you could reference that one tiny part of the picture and still feel ok bout it? I know what going by the feeling means for an artist. Just take a peak at poser or something and be done with it and you'll forget it in a day :D
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.