Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 162645 times)

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #495 on: November 15, 2011, 09:28:38 am »
So yeah, guys I need help.

I havent touched a singleplayer game since morrowind.

I like grinding and searching things (Diablo 2 for years, Titans Quest was nice too)...but I am also into simulations.

All these games have had in common, that I enjoyed em in multiplayer....

Now, as far as I know, Skyrim doesnt have multi (it just maximizes the fun)
I am also afraid it will be a disapointment after morrowind.

I usually always have an opinion on games, this time though, the game seems epic.....but the fact that there isnt even co op kills it.

Is it worth buying it?
Considering I allrdy have 2 games I am madly devoted to...

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #496 on: November 15, 2011, 09:31:18 am »
It is worth every piece of Gold you can scrap together.

Iam level 20, arch mage of the Mages college, killed like 6 Dragons, 19 Hours Playtime and i STILL haven´t seen half of the map, not to mention that on the Half i know I just cleared half of the Dungeons.

It is so awesome, genius Quests, really challenging on higher difficulty.

You have almost unlimited Possibilities, do whatever you like!

It´s the best game Ive played in a looooong long time.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 15, 2011, 09:33:07 am »
Yes, it is totally worth it.

What you could do is pirate it first to try, then buy if you like. Don't think anyone will judge you for that :P

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #498 on: November 15, 2011, 10:23:38 am »
pirating?

Nahhh...There is just buy or no buy.

I want opinions...more opinions....

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #499 on: November 15, 2011, 10:51:17 am »
Racked in 40 hours or so since friday afternoon.

Definate buy in my case. I still have only visited 3 cities out of 7 or so. And am willingly ignoring people in the game so as not to get more quests to do.

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Chase
« Reply #500 on: November 15, 2011, 11:17:31 am »
I think i have over 50 active quests going on right now, this game will keep you busy for a very long time, so much content and it dosnt get boring or repetitive, great game
I like to fart on cold windows and lick the condensation :D

Offline SchokoSchaf

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: Eats grass
  • IRC nick: Schoko
« Reply #501 on: November 15, 2011, 11:25:44 am »
I will be happy to run around naked in a snowy world and not freeze to death.
määääääääääh!

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #502 on: November 15, 2011, 11:33:06 am »
Doesn't it have some sort of "quest builder" programmed into it so that it will always pretty much give you quests that are different each time (the side quests rather than the scripted main ones)

I remember watching a video where he said they're more or less just "go here, kill guy x, return, recieve reward" but there are so many of them that it's pretty hard to get the same one twice in different play throughs..?

The more I read here the more I think I will buy it despite my previous thoughts as to keep myself less "busy". I might have to start putting parental controls onto my computer to stop me playing games for too long lol, this is getting silly, there aren't any more major titles coming out in the next weeks are there..?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 15, 2011, 11:36:17 am »
+2
I am handsome in all games I play.

To compensate for real life.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #504 on: November 15, 2011, 11:46:13 am »
Doesn't it have some sort of "quest builder" programmed into it so that it will always pretty much give you quests that are different each time (the side quests rather than the scripted main ones)

I remember watching a video where he said they're more or less just "go here, kill guy x, return, recieve reward" but there are so many of them that it's pretty hard to get the same one twice in different play throughs..?

The more I read here the more I think I will buy it despite my previous thoughts as to keep myself less "busy". I might have to start putting parental controls onto my computer to stop me playing games for too long lol, this is getting silly, there aren't any more major titles coming out in the next weeks are there..?

I think this is true because me and a friend both got a different mission location for our first mission with the Companions, he was asking me questions about the mission sayin git was tough and I was like "eh?" because I had no idea what he was on about, even though I had done the first mission for them too, which was nothing like he was describing.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 15, 2011, 11:50:41 am »

Saints Row 3 just came out! But otherwise no. Ur clear till i think...March when Mass Effect 3 comes out. So you have enough time to play all blockbuster games of the Winter lol.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1646
  • Infamy: 1166
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 15, 2011, 12:31:55 pm »
I am also afraid it will be a disapointment after morrowind.

It's a lot like Morrowind (much better than Oblivion). But I'm not sure does it has that special feeling Morrowind has when you travel from Balmora to Ald'Ruhn, go through Red Mountain (Ashlands) just to end up in Tel Mora. Seems that Skyrim has mainly Nord architecture, just like Oblivion had Imperial so I guess it's not as good for adventuring. But crafting is great and weather is back (real weather not that crap from Oblivion). It's a good game but I need something better to occupy me :(

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #507 on: November 15, 2011, 12:33:09 pm »
Saints Row 3 just came out! But otherwise no. Ur clear till i think...March when Mass Effect 3 comes out. So you have enough time to play all blockbuster games of the Winter lol.

Not a fan of the Mass Effect series, they claim "it's a linear experience made to feel like a free roaming one". I have to disagree, I found that I was always mushed down a road with a simple shooter and the story line never really grabbed me. Never played any of the Saints Row, probably won't bother either, it's difficult to get myself into series that I am not already into. Other people tend to be a massive influence as to what games I play, but indeed, I think I will be playing these games for a while to come! :P
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 12:34:24 pm by Tennenoth »

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 15, 2011, 12:45:32 pm »
Not a fan of the Mass Effect series, they claim "it's a linear experience made to feel like a free roaming one". I have to disagree, I found that I was always mushed down a road with a simple shooter and the story line never really grabbed me. Never played any of the Saints Row, probably won't bother either, it's difficult to get myself into series that I am not already into. Other people tend to be a massive influence as to what games I play, but indeed, I think I will be playing these games for a while to come! :P

Yeah but the thing with Saints Row 3 is. It's not serious. I mean it's completely for the lolz.

Saints Row 1 was semi-serious and had a decent storyline but from then on it evolved into a MUCH MUCH MUCH less unrealistic than GTA game.

I mean...streaking nude...basically GTA IV + Crazy Devs + Crazy Mindset + 1000+ Humor and Lolz features = Funniest game in years in terms of lolz factor.

It's nutty and you don't have to take it seriously at all. Easy to get into just do whatever you want to ingame.

And Mass Effect series have had great graphics, good storyline imo, perfect soundtrack and well combat have been average. But still i enjoy it :D

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #509 on: November 15, 2011, 01:07:58 pm »
It is worth it, Morrowind is still my favorite TES game but skyrim is really great. Main things i really have to complain about is stupid console interface and bugs but it's nothing game breaking. Currently got 28h in this game and i have visited only one main city although i do probably play more slow paced then most, reading all the books etc.

Also even though i mainly only play MP games aswell imo in TES games it is unnecessary, even co-op. Skyrim is best for SP, even if there was a MP would probably never use it.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 11:35:35 pm by Cyber »