Author Topic: Bec de Corbin issue  (Read 8811 times)

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Bec de Corbin issue
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2011, 11:02:24 pm »
It's easy to block and has no range hey but what would i know? It's good for the build i use and how i fight people. It's not a dueling weapon it's a close infantry support weapon and it ends up getting a lot of kills for the user. i don't use it in strat battles and i'm not a str build. I haven't seen my build post in this thread.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • Renown: 203
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2011, 11:34:30 pm »
I have two issues with it, otherwise its just another weapon

1. The wrap around on this thing seems op, it seems to be able  to wrap around shields and blocks more than other weapons.

2. For how small and light the model looks, the damage is disproportionate, and should be nerfed 2-3 points.

Offline Quallen

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kill Cult
  • Game nicks: KC_Quallen
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2011, 01:14:42 am »
Your funny i got 300hrs logged in crpg im generation 4, i finish on top score pretty much on each map except when im too drunk, and im pretty sure i can trash you with my monitor off. So keep your l2p comment for yourself because it doesnt mean shit. Oh and also Quallen i dont know if you play EU or NA but come visit us on NA and see if you are so good and finish on top of the score list, you might be up for a little surprise.

And i didnt cry in my post that bec was OP i dont have to provide argument to proove shit, i said this weapon is bugged and asked calmly the developers to take a look a the real data on the weapons cause i am pretty sure its not the stats indicated on the website.

I'm sorry but when you say newbie shit like "It also swing thru blocks and shield on some occasion alot more then other weapons" and "This weapon is completely bugged its way faster then the speed indicated it counter attack and swing faster then any other weapons in the game its ridiculous." i don't know what to do besides assume you're new to the game(that also sure looks like crying to me.)

Look at the item_kinds1.txt file and you can see the becs stats are just how the site lists them.

Nice tough guy act there struggle bear. I was actually trying to be nice but since you brought it up, learn 2 play.

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2011, 01:18:39 am »
The speed is probaly people just turning into their swings.

Offline Gumdrawp

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: dolphin fan club
  • Game nicks: Gumdrawp_dfc
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2011, 01:20:45 am »
Is it necessary to bring shitty, overused, console slang to the PC? Or is this the start of the new douchebag era?

And yeah, the bec probably could be looked at, but in my perspective It's just another polearm being a polearm.

That was shitty overused pc slang far before it went to the consoles.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2011, 03:21:02 am »
The speed is probaly people just turning into their swings.
Maybe :)

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2011, 03:42:39 am »
I don't see why people say that it's short.. 120 length is about as long (if not longer) as most 2 handers.. It's also longer than the actual in-game model shows.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 03:44:19 am by bilwit »

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline Sergee

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PRO_TheSerge
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2011, 03:44:56 am »
Its slightly shorter then the 120 reach because of the animation but it still does retarded amount of damage and stuns. But it won't get nerfed because all the good players that rape with it are on NA not EU.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 1%

THE 99% WILL LOOK UP AND SAY "FEED ME"
AND I WILL SHIT DOWN THEIR THROATS.

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2011, 03:48:58 am »
I don't see why people say that it's short.. 120 length is about as long (if not longer) as most 2 handers.. It's also longer than the actual in-game model shows.
Its 100 reach as Polearm gets -20 reach cos of Animation so its shorter than alot of 1 handers.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2011, 10:55:03 am »
/fixed

This needs to be fixed.

Oh and all of this was in Dexx's voice. In case anyone was wondering.

Got em
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2011, 03:40:24 pm »
Screw you, Karma.

Maybe :)

SHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm sorry but when you say newbie shit like "It also swing thru blocks and shield on some occasion alot more then other weapons" and "This weapon is completely bugged its way faster then the speed indicated it counter attack and swing faster then any other weapons in the game its ridiculous." i don't know what to do besides assume you're new to the game(that also sure looks like crying to me.)

Look at the item_kinds1.txt file and you can see the becs stats are just how the site lists them.

Nice tough guy act there struggle bear. I was actually trying to be nice but since you brought it up, learn 2 play.

+1

Vieuxcrotter, Quallen's original post was very constructive and patient. You going instantly on the defensive is poor form, and does not reflect well of your alleged "300 hours." Given your response, I'm less inclined to believe any of your claims.

In other news, I don't see you topping any scoreboards. I've also seen you play.

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2011, 08:19:32 pm »
Relevant(?) anecdote:

This morning, for the first time, I picked up a bec while playing on a friend's character (a pre-patch polearm/thrower).  I went 9-0 in my first round using only the bec.  Folks that know me know I'm a pretty shoddy manual blocker so I was delightfully surprised by my score  :D

It's main features, from what I could tell in this very limited and isolated experience, seemed to be that I could 2-hit tin cans and never bounce on a clean strike.   /contribution
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 08:29:19 pm by Diomedes »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2011, 08:57:43 pm »
+1
How to balance the bec de corbin ?

Quite simple honestly.

Ban Goretooth, job's done  :D

The armor changes nerfed it much. No more 2-shotting with a 18/18 build. It's shorter than a good 1h so really it's fine as it is.

Offline D_the_Barbarian

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
    • View Profile
    • I have no website
  • Faction: none
  • Game nicks: D_the_Barbarian and Millions of alts like D_the_Female.
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2011, 09:43:52 pm »
I have picked up a bec with my archer (who has no skill in polearms) while naked scavenging on siege, and got 'bout 6 kills before dying to ranged.
I have an alt for all the weapon types and the easiest to use is polearms, but only because of polestun. The bec is overused and i see it in 99% of my matches, so i think people have a problem with polearms in general, its just that the bec is used so often that many people believe that the bec is overpowered, as opposed to just polearms with their polestun (which is really the only problem with them). If the bec really needs a nerf, just change it from pierce to blunt damage but without knockdown.

I have noticed the thing with bec swinging around blocks, but I have noticed it with picks as well and its not much of a problem, just mildly annoying.
Quote from: Baggy
link=topic=11612.msg165301#msg165301 date=1311644938
Its 100 reach as Polearm gets -20 reach cos of Animation so its shorter than alot of 1 handers.
Not that many actually, only 7 are longer, the practice sword, shashka, long/knightly arming sword, arabian cavalry sword, nordic champion sword and long espada are longer than 100 length and the longest has a length of 105, not much longer.
On a similar note, it is imperative to carry smoke bombs. Archers get confused because they're so ineffective that they pause to wonder why, so they end up being as effective as intended.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2011, 10:07:18 pm »
hahah.... bullsh.....

try to test weapon in duel server first.

i tested Great long axe and danisch greate sword.

GLA have longer swing animation but shorter overhead and stab

BUT SoW have longer swing than GLA!!!!! but that weapon is shorter!!!!!

so peps go test your weapon in duel serwer.

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?