Author Topic: Bec de Corbin issue  (Read 8702 times)

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
Re: Bec de Corbin issue
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2011, 03:35:00 pm »
Chaos is noob clan  :twisted:
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2011, 03:37:57 pm »
Chaos is noob clan  :twisted:

HEY

You want us to fight for you or NOT

:lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2011, 04:04:19 pm »
I agree that Chaos is a Noob clan.

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2011, 06:05:44 pm »
I third the motion that CHAOS is a nobb clan

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2011, 10:22:17 pm »
Yeah chaos clan is s0 g00d and siege is for noob, that why when they join the siege server they are never on top. LOL

And thx keslord to backing me up, but it was an okay round i had better then those, when im not too tired or drunk.

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2011, 11:15:47 pm »
I don't mean to hurt your ego but the skill level of people who play on siege isn't anywhere comparable to battle. Looking at the na1 siege stats you barely even have a 1-1 ratio, despite your claims that you top the board almost every round.

I've been critical of the bec myself even right after the latest big patch came out, but after playing for a bit the soak damage changes has really reduced its effectiveness.

First of all i didnt post this picture, and second of all i played a total of 2mins on battle because its boring as fuck. And yeah if you look at my stats even on siege it took me a while before i start getting good i wont hide it, i was using a shitty sword for 2 generation that i thought was decent until i manage to sell it to someone on the market(sword that nobody want to have because its UP but yet cost 10000$). Then i started to get better and better.

But the whole point of this thread wasnt to brag about my skill level or my stats, or even having some tools coming on here and use the l2p card to flame me. There is alot of peoples in the community that agree that there is issue with the bec and alot of them are top players in the community, they just dont come on the forum to talk about it cause its filled with flaming kids and bec user that want to protect their toys.

Offline Grok

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Grok, Queequeg
« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2011, 01:33:26 am »
The Bec is certainly a bit odd though I'm not sure it needs too much of a change.  When I do get hit by a Bec it does frequently seem to strike sooner than it "should" -- maybe it's the animation, which really wouldn't be the weapon's fault or the fault of bad balancing anyway.  Add in the silly stun effect and occasionally getting hit a second time before you can block and that's probably where most of the problem is.

It's definitely overused, but the funny thing about gamers as a whole is that they are like water and overwhelmingly take the path of least resistance and thus naturally gravitate to the most powerful and effective weapons/spells/skills/etc.  Its been true of every game released over the past 30 years and is no different in this game.  So, weapons that are overused are by their very nature clearly providing a tangible benefit to the player.  The Bec clearly fits the bill, but how out of balance is it?  If at all, probably not much.

And, on the Battle vs Siege tangent.  I may not have enough time on Battle to speak with finality, but the ONLY real skill difference I see on Battle is with archers - but again this also seems to correlate highly with map design -- not to mention the simple safety in numbers you get from archers on Siege.  Rather the real difference seems to be purely the average level of the character on Siege vs Battle.  I see far more peasants and folks grinding on Siege, but I find killing folks on Battle no more difficult than Siege -- there are just a few more freebies with each Siege run.

Offline BcBKC

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kill Cult
  • Game nicks: KC_BcB
  • IRC nick: BcB
« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2011, 01:47:10 am »
+1
The Bec is certainly a bit odd though I'm not sure it needs too much of a change.  When I do get hit by a Bec it does frequently seem to strike sooner than it "should" -- maybe it's the animation, which really wouldn't be the weapon's fault or the fault of bad balancing anyway.  Add in the silly stun effect and occasionally getting hit a second time before you can block and that's probably where most of the problem is.

It's definitely overused, but the funny thing about gamers as a whole is that they are like water and overwhelmingly take the path of least resistance and thus naturally gravitate to the most powerful and effective weapons/spells/skills/etc.  Its been true of every game released over the past 30 years and is no different in this game.  So, weapons that are overused are by their very nature clearly providing a tangible benefit to the player.  The Bec clearly fits the bill, but how out of balance is it?  If at all, probably not much.

And, on the Battle vs Siege tangent.  I may not have enough time on Battle to speak with finality, but the ONLY real skill difference I see on Battle is with archers - but again this also seems to correlate highly with map design -- not to mention the simple safety in numbers you get from archers on Siege.  Rather the real difference seems to be purely the average level of the character on Siege vs Battle.  I see far more peasants and folks grinding on Siege, but I find killing folks on Battle no more difficult than Siege -- there are just a few more freebies with each Siege run.
The biggest difference is the fact most clans play battle compared to siege being mostly solo players. The teamwork in siege is almost non existent and the friendly damage is through the roof.

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2011, 01:47:58 am »
@Grok you have to keep in mind the occasional freebie you can get on siege is really negated when you have to open a choke point of 10+ guys waiting on the other end defending the flag, so yeah you might be able to frag a peasant running around here and there, but if you follow objective and try to win you will always end up in a situation where you have to charge a front gate guarded by 10+ players and get ganked. While in battle you can avoid situation where you fight against impossible odds unless your whole team is dead.

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2011, 01:49:17 am »
@BcBKC  Tell that to Blackrose or DL these guys do insane teamplay on siege server. And when i play with my crew we always do teamplay.

And yes the team damage is alot higher on siege but would that not increase the difficulty level in the end, making it less newbie friendly?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 01:50:38 am by Vieuxcrotter »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2011, 01:49:58 am »
@BcBKC  Tell that to Blackrose or DL these guys do insane teamplay on siege server. And when i play with my crew we always do teamplay.

Keyword in his post was "most clans" not "all clans."
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline BcBKC

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kill Cult
  • Game nicks: KC_BcB
  • IRC nick: BcB
« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2011, 01:53:54 am »
I never said there aren't clans that don't go on siege and work together. KC does it all the time and its a easy x5 unless its one of those really unbalanced maps.

When you go into battle you see 4-5 different clans with multiple people working together and in siege its 1-2 clans at best.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 01:57:40 am by BcBKC »

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2011, 01:59:40 am »
@BcBKC Ok wait , now you are bringing up another issue.

Clan that join siege and claim to ride the x5 wave because its easy, first of all notice that when a clan join the solo pubber banner stack the clan banner to get in the same team to make it easier. Since alot of the maps are unbalanced and favor offensive alot of players manage to exploit team switching by getting on offense all the time. This have nothing to do with the fact that siege is easier, its just that clanmate manage to get on offense fast when the map change and the banner balance set the rest of the team on offense.

Anyone that manage to play offense most of the time will get free multipliers that just the way it is on siege, unless there is some incredibly good teamplay going on on defense.

Nobody bother balancing defense and offense on siege i think it would be time that developers start looking at it. I notice sometimes they just throw random new map completely broken on the server without any testing at all, this is ridiculous.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2011, 02:17:58 am »
In other news, I'm not going to justify myself with this scrub. Your attitude is unbecoming and I've lost my patience for you.

The Bec is fine, stop complaining like a little girl.

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2011, 02:29:52 am »
LOL dexxtaa your a joke you claim that im the one with the attitude, and you try to boost your e-penis by calling me a noob and scrub. GG

If you have nothing positive to add to the topic just dont talk, cause you made it obvious your a bec user.