Author Topic: Bec de Corbin issue  (Read 8809 times)

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
Re: Bec de Corbin issue
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2011, 08:14:57 pm »
I honestly don't know why anyone from NAin c-rpg even bothers lobbying for anything.
Fixed.

The devs will do what they think is right, lobbying hasn't helped a bit.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Sergee

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PRO_TheSerge
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2011, 08:31:17 pm »
Bec is the only OP weapon right now in the game. I use a sword of war which is the same speed costs more to repair does less damage and has no retarded polestun. It makes no sense it still hasn't been nerfed.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 1%

THE 99% WILL LOOK UP AND SAY "FEED ME"
AND I WILL SHIT DOWN THEIR THROATS.

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2011, 09:48:37 pm »
I'm sorry Vieuxcrotter the problem is with you.  You're a newer player and you aren't quite understanding what you're seeing on the battlefield.  We all started there once, its okay.  Its okay to vent too but if you want to become a better player you need to adjust you're attitude a little.  Rather than say the weapon is broken bullshit instead just leave it at I fucking hate that weapon and then once you're more calm ask, okay what do I need to work on to fight that player better.

Some weapons are hard to follow and fight when you don't have much experience against them (longsword, warspear/staff, bec, small one handers behind big shields, ect.)  Once you're comfortable with their animations in each position you have to get used to tracking them through deep feints and then on top of that you have to get comfortable enough to figure out what you're seeing when a player if feinting and spinning around to further mask what he is doing.  The additional headache of fighting polearms is getting used to the length of the polestun.  Attempt to block too soon afterwards and you'll still be stunned and by the time you realize your block isn't going up you might not have enough time to try and block again. Work on improving your skills as a player and then come back to this balance topic.

My problem with the bec isn't actually the bec itself rather its that 2h does not have an equivalent weapon (can opener.)  The morning star might not be the best comparison because of its bonus against shields but given that all the 2h blunt/pierce are unbalance (beside the little mace) the morningstar (with its shield bonus) is the only one even worth comparing.  The below is just one of the many reasons I've gone polearm.

-----

Bec vs morningstar – I've factored animations into weapon length giving their effective range

Dmg – 38 to 36 in favor of Morningstar
Speed – 93 to 92 in favor of Bec
Overhead – 105 to 97 in favor of bec
Left to right – 113 to 99 in favor of bec
Right to left – 118 to 95 in favor of bec
Thurst – Bec wins by default with 139 range
Weight – 3.8 to 2.8 in favor or Morning Star
Price – Morningstar is currently 4158 cheaper.

Your funny i got 300hrs logged in crpg im generation 4, i finish on top score pretty much on each map except when im too drunk, and im pretty sure i can trash you with my monitor off. So keep your l2p comment for yourself because it doesnt mean shit. Oh and also Quallen i dont know if you play EU or NA but come visit us on NA and see if you are so good and finish on top of the score list, you might be up for a little surprise.

And i didnt cry in my post that bec was OP i dont have to provide argument to proove shit, i said this weapon is bugged and asked calmly the developers to take a look a the real data on the weapons cause i am pretty sure its not the stats indicated on the website.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 09:54:26 pm by Vieuxcrotter »

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2011, 09:52:29 pm »
Your funny i got 300hrs logged in crpg im generation 4, i finish on top score pretty much on each map except when im too drunk, and im pretty sure i can trash you with my monitor off. So keep your l2p comment for yourself because it doesnt mean shit.
Never seen you top any soreboard...UNLESS your monitors upside down and you think ur top when in fact ur bottom!It all makes sense now!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2011, 09:55:13 pm »
We just never play in the same time zone.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2011, 09:55:28 pm »
Your funny i got 300hrs logged in crpg im generation 4, i finish on top score pretty much on each map except when im too drunk, and im pretty sure i can trash you with my monitor off. So keep your l2p comment for yourself because it doesnt mean shit.

And i didnt cry in my post that bec was OP i dont have to provide argument to proove shit, i said this weapon is bugged and asked calmly the developers to take a look a the real data on the weapons cause i am pretty sure its not the stats indicated on the website.

Right, we have now hit the point where thoiuuuuuuuuuuuuuu (cat stepping on the keyboard) this thread can be locked.

We have devolc\\\\
ved1 011000000000
devolved intiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=]['=2301 into just hurling insults at one another. End of thread.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2011, 09:55:58 pm »
Bec is the only OP weapon right now in the game. I use a sword of war which is the same speed costs more to repair does less damage and has no retarded polestun. It makes no sense it still hasn't been nerfed.
Because of the animations your twohander has got more reach, stop whining.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2011, 09:57:39 pm »
Just give us back blunt damage for Bec swing and overhead. Have you ever seen any hammer with pierce damage?

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2011, 09:58:21 pm »
Tears_of_Destiny: Some forum troll come here and distort the thread discussion by throwing the l2p curve ball. If i am such a noob and it make my thread invalid then all his message are invalid to cause hes not a top player.

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2011, 09:58:30 pm »
Because of the animations your twohander has got more reach, stop whining.
And the animation means its harder to block compared to Polearms.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2011, 09:58:48 pm »
Just give us back blunt damage for Bec swing and overhead. Have you ever seen any hammer with pierce damage?

Why yes, yes I have:
http://medieval.stormthecastle.com/armorypages/medieval_war_hammer.htm
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2011, 10:02:09 pm »
And the animation means its harder to block compared to Polearms.
Nope, I've been polearmer and I've been twohander, it's way easier to block with 2handers imo.

And I'd agree on a blunt damage version of the bec, which deals slightly less damage.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2011, 10:11:29 pm »
Nope, I've been polearmer and I've been twohander, it's way easier to block with 2handers imo.

And I'd agree on a blunt damage version of the bec, which deals slightly less damage.
Let me rephrase it, blocking polearms is much easier than blocking a 2 hander like the Danish.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2011, 10:13:44 pm »
Let me rephrase it, blocking polearms is much easier than blocking a 2 hander like the Danish.
I agree, twohander animations are the hardest to block.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2011, 10:26:54 pm »
The Bec is a North American problem because every moron who watches Goretooth thinks that by picking up the weapon is going to get out of his scrubbiness and start kicking butt.

By the time they realize they can't afford the upkeep and actually perform shitty because they can't close in, it's already too late because they're poor as fuck and can't switch out (after blowing their crpg life savings on the bec).

Except the problem with that is that there are other morons and scrubs who can't block, who think it's overpowered because they haven't the first idea how to block and end up getting wasted by what the little peasants perceive to be an overpowered weapon. Hence it looks overpowered because the dirty peasants get hammered by one of the shortest polearms in the game.

How to fix :

#1 Buy any other weapon (almost anything is longer than a bec)
#2 L2block
#3 ????
#4 Profit (or at least, stop getting scrubbed)

Is it necessary to bring shitty, overused, console slang to the PC? Or is this the start of the new douchebag era?

And yeah, the bec probably could be looked at, but in my perspective It's just another polearm being a polearm.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus