Author Topic: Why do we even need upkeep anymore?  (Read 38418 times)

Offline Acera

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Why do we even need upkeep anymore?
« Reply #360 on: September 14, 2011, 06:50:34 pm »
+1
OK I'll take your advice. The problem I have is that right now I'm not as good as everyone else and my skills aren't as high. So a lot of things one shot me when I'm not wearing plate. And It's hard to compete with the people that can afford to run around in high tier armor and weapons.

It's hard to get better at a game when you can't afford to make a single mistake when fighting someone.

Offline Miranda

• Knight
  • Renown: 60
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Jeannie_d_Arc, GK_Kira_Rayl, Miranda
« Reply #361 on: September 14, 2011, 06:54:00 pm »
+2
OK I'll take your advice. The problem I have is that right now I'm not as good as everyone else and my skills aren't as high. So a lot of things one shot me when I'm not wearing plate. And It's hard to compete with the people that can afford to run around in high tier armor and weapons.

It's hard to get better at a game when you can't afford to make a single mistake when fighting someone.
Mate belive me, im nowhere near the top players but with this setup i can still bash some heads in.

Just try and try again and watch the pro's and try to learn from them by observing them.
I wish you goodluck and have fun! Cya on the battlefields!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Acera

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 14, 2011, 06:57:01 pm »
+1
Thanks and +1 for your helpful input :)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1551
  • Infamy: 2196
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 14, 2011, 06:58:37 pm »
+2

Firs thing first, stay away from the battle in first 3 or 4 minutes, do not rush multiple enemies, look for people with low lvl gear and so on. You can make mistakes if you avoid multiple enemies and pro players.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #364 on: September 14, 2011, 07:01:09 pm »
+1
In my experience, playing DTV will cause you to lose money no matter what you do, and siege will not generate as high of multipliers as battle does, are you playing a lot of either of those modes?

Also this
Firs thing first, stay away from the battle in first 3 or 4 minutes, do not rush multiple enemies, look for people with low lvl gear and so on. You can make mistakes if you avoid multiple enemies and pro players.
Finding a friendly person to help you out in the duel server will also be a very rewarding experience though extremely frstrating at first.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 246
  • Infamy: 2811
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 14, 2011, 07:06:20 pm »
+1
Also thisFinding a friendly person to help you out in the duel server will also be a very rewarding experience though extremely frstrating at first.

Meh. These days EU1 isn't about skill it's about survival. When everyone has ranged weapon dueling skills aren't that important.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #366 on: September 14, 2011, 07:06:35 pm »
+1
If it bothers you so much I'll take it off. It's not for sale anyways :wink:

love u
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #367 on: September 14, 2011, 07:18:46 pm »
+1
Acera... I am also curious, the more wpf you have in a weapon the less chance of it breaking, so 1wpf will regularly break while 140 will only break occasionally. What wpf do you have in 2 hander?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #368 on: September 14, 2011, 08:22:54 pm »
+2
My tip, don't learn to use equipment as a crutch, instead, use equipment to enhance your skills.

Yesterday when I had retired my main, I was playing on NA server, I killed some guy who attacked me, he had weaker head armour, I was level 2 with a one handed wooden sword. But because he didn't know how to block or to dodge and I had to hit him about 10 times in the head, then he died, without hitting me once because he sucked.

Then I remember when I was at level 8, I had the cheap nomad sabre thing with 2 power strike, still in shitty armour, came up against some guy in full plate who had some axe, guess what, I was owning the shit out of him because he couldn't block, he didn't hit me once and I hit him for damage about 8 times or more, until he finally tried to run away and his team mate shot me.

Lesson? equipment and stats do not mean anything if you have no skill, if you can fight well at a disadvantage, i.e cheaper/weaker equipment, then you can fight even better when you do get decent equipment.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 08:24:40 pm by Leesin »

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #369 on: September 14, 2011, 08:47:19 pm »
+1
i earn money with full plate except when its xbow feast (all the time atm)

Offline Acera

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 14, 2011, 10:47:24 pm »
+1
Acera... I am also curious, the more wpf you have in a weapon the less chance of it breaking, so 1wpf will regularly break while 140 will only break occasionally. What wpf do you have in 2 hander?

I have about 110 in it right now, I made a few mistakes on the way up which I guess isn't unusual for a first character. After the advice I've been given I've ditched the danish greatsword for now and am using a long iron mace with tourney armor and a mail helm. So far I've made a decent amount of money over a few hours.

I'll admit to just being disappointed when I realized I wasn't going to be able to use my plate/big 2h very often.

Edit: The main reason I want to use it so much is for looks, I don't really care for having an advantage since this mod is a skill based game regardless of gear.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 10:54:19 pm by Acera »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 2526
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 14, 2011, 10:56:20 pm »
+1
110 wpf means a lot of paying for upkeep :wink:

I'll tell u a secret, I start every round with wooden sword, sometimes I play with it till the end but sometimes I pick someones MW Danish or German. I'm satisfied with my results, especially when I'm concentrated on game which I'm not in last few days...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 10:57:54 pm by Leshma »

Offline Acera

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 14, 2011, 11:00:54 pm »
+1
110 wpf means a lot of paying for upkeep :wink:

I'll tell u a secret, I start every round with wooden sword, sometimes I play with it till the end but sometimes I pick someones MW Danish or German. I'm satisfied with my results, especially when I'm concentrated on game which I'm not in last few days...

Yeh I'm trying to raise it, I'm not 31 yet and I misplaced a bunch of points in 1 handers then later decided not to use them.

I've started doing that too lol, picking up mw flamberges :D

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #373 on: September 14, 2011, 11:02:14 pm »
+1

once you try the longsword, you'll never go back.

yeah ok but staying away from battle for 3 or 4 minutes means another annoying delayer. the bigger part of the battle ends in 2 minutes.

Meh. These days EU1 isn't about skill it's about survival. When everyone has ranged weapon dueling skills aren't that important.

that's why the best long term investment for a 2hander are those 2 points in shield skill.

Lesson? equipment and stats do not mean anything if you have no skill, if you can fight well at a disadvantage, i.e cheaper/weaker equipment, then you can fight even better when you do get decent equipment.

as you say sir. If you stay away from the battle (not helping the team, delaying, etc..) sure you can dress with rags and seek loners around.

if you want to do some decent teamplay, you need to stick to your mates where you need to be. In my case, i need to advance with the rest of the infantry. i have a board shield for pre-charge purposes. the moment i put it away just before the brawl, be sure i'll get a bolt or 2 in the butt. with crap stuff i'll be dead in no time. with a lordly rus lamellar cuirass + lordly plate mittens (72 body armor) i can assure you i'll survive some ranged stuff, some teamwounds and take down a good amount of enemy infantry.

i'll not help my team being 2shot by 2 pinpoint arrows or sneaking improbable places... nor i need to stay away from battle to be the last jerk versus zillion enemies just to show off e-peen.

who is fairly new to this game, when dead should stick the camera on some good teamwork players and learn from them... i'm not one of them tho. i try to do my best when i really enjoy the game (balanced teams, reasonable mix of builds.. not the 90% crossbowmen we see usually). is not everytime possible but some rounds, cRPG could show maybe the best teamplay game ever.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 11:24:04 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #374 on: September 15, 2011, 05:13:02 am »
+1

as you say sir. If you stay away from the battle (not helping the team, delaying, etc..) sure you can dress with rags and seek loners around.

if you want to do some decent teamplay, you need to stick to your mates where you need to be. In my case, i need to advance with the rest of the infantry. i have a board shield for pre-charge purposes. the moment i put it away just before the brawl, be sure i'll get a bolt or 2 in the butt. with crap stuff i'll be dead in no time. with a lordly rus lamellar cuirass + lordly plate mittens (72 body armor) i can assure you i'll survive some ranged stuff, some teamwounds and take down a good amount of enemy infantry.

i'll not help my team being 2shot by 2 pinpoint arrows or sneaking improbable places... nor i need to stay away from battle to be the last jerk versus zillion enemies just to show off e-peen.

who is fairly new to this game, when dead should stick the camera on some good teamwork players and learn from them... i'm not one of them tho. i try to do my best when i really enjoy the game (balanced teams, reasonable mix of builds.. not the 90% crossbowmen we see usually). is not everytime possible but some rounds, cRPG could show maybe the best teamplay game ever.

I don't think you understood what I wrote, because your reply has nothing to do with what I was talking about or infact the topic of this thread.