Author Topic: Why do we even need upkeep anymore?  (Read 36975 times)

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • It isnt sufficient that I succeed-others must fail
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shadowren_ATS
Re: Why do we even need upkeep anymore?
« Reply #270 on: September 09, 2011, 11:02:58 pm »
+2
My personal opinion is that having the upkeep system is useless. Idk about any one else but if i wanted to, i could wear black armor for a few months (7) and also the upkeep is unfriendly to newer players.

The exp system needs to be improved a little the grind is slow and painfully, it doesn't need to been super amazing exp or anything just a small improvement would be nice.  :D

And i also remember the old CRPG those my friend where simpler times, but yet i think those where the best times.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Away with you, vile beggar.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #271 on: September 09, 2011, 11:15:49 pm »
+1
True all the upkeep does is preventing new players to get decent gear all vets have shitload of gold by now.

I remmeber seeing the same 2 players on fully armor and plated charger for 2 months in a row and still going....  :rolleyes:

Atleast they are useless but it still just goes to show that the upkeep system only effects new players  :lol:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 11:16:53 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #272 on: September 09, 2011, 11:17:02 pm »
+1
Gen 1 characters that are less then Level 26 don't pay upkeep, they fixed that problem. Most veteran players don't have oodles of cash that they can wear black plate for 7 months solid.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #273 on: September 09, 2011, 11:18:02 pm »
+1
everyone in full plate? false. everyone used the best weight/armor ratio needed for personal likings. i never used heavier armor than coat of plates. and the most popular armor was the transitional.

again, false. WPF retain was 5% + 5% every gen. so, gen2 5%, gen3 10%, gen4 15%, gen5 20% and so on.

yes...it's why i assumed he only started playing when he registered at forums (april 2011), cos, let's face it...he talks a lot of bull.

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 09, 2011, 11:25:04 pm »
+1
Gen 1 characters that are less then Level 26 don't pay upkeep, they fixed that problem. Most veteran players don't have oodles of cash that they can wear black plate for 7 months solid.

gettin to lvl 27 aint gonna make you filthy rich even if not paying upkeep.

Dont forgot the new player also have to buy gear take that an all hes left with is a snack....

PS: this forum needs an Ignore poster ability Your comments are mostly just gibberish since you most be trying to get your post count into the guinness world record book...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 11:27:42 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #275 on: September 09, 2011, 11:28:26 pm »
+1

Dont forgot the new player also have to buy gear take that an all hes left with is a snack....

PS: this forum needs an Ignore poster ability Your comments are mostly just gibberish since you most be trying to get your post count in the guinness world record book...

1-26 gives over 60K ( and is not even a quarter of what it takes to get to level 31 to retire), keep respecing every time you hit it and bam, you are golden again. You would be surprised what cav builds you can do with that infinite money. One of the Fallen trolls around in full plate and a plated charger and does disgustingly well with it. Once he finally stops respecing he is going to have more money then he knows what to do with.

The forum does have an ignore poster ability. I take it you never really looked at the tab that is called "profile?" The instructions even used to be in my signature, ask any of the ex-Bandits and they will tell you how  :lol:

PS: You said "decent gear" not "The Best Gear." Last I checked 60K+ is enough to get decent gear considering the average loadout is about 30-40K, and that sure as hell leaves you with enough to afford good upkeep.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 11:36:58 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • It isnt sufficient that I succeed-others must fail
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shadowren_ATS
« Reply #276 on: September 09, 2011, 11:28:43 pm »
+1

I agree with that post 100%

Away with you, vile beggar.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 09, 2011, 11:38:50 pm »
+2
Thx tears most usefull comment i ever gotten from you.

Welcome to my ignore list.  :wink:

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #278 on: September 09, 2011, 11:43:40 pm »
+1
Thx tears most usefull comment i ever gotten from you.

Welcome to my ignore list.  :wink:

About damn time...

Now wait until he finds out that I make up more then 1 out of every 51 posts on this forum, and that he will still be able to see my posts every time someone quotes me (like they usually do)  :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #279 on: September 09, 2011, 11:53:35 pm »
+2
About damn time...

Now wait until he finds out that I make up more then 1 out of every 51 posts on this forum, and that he will still be able to see my posts every time someone quotes me (like they usually do)  :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

trololo

quoted

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Frederick

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 09, 2011, 11:55:24 pm »
+2
If you do the math.... the average multiplier for a player is going to be somewhere around 1.9375, which amounts to an average of 97 gold per minute. This can vary between players, but assuming that on average a player does not radically effect the probability of winning or losing, 1.9375x is the average multiplier. This doesn't include the valor bonus.

[You can figure this out by realizing that multiplied over many games, 1x occurs 1/2 of the time, 2x occurs 1/4 of the time, 3x occurs 1/8th of the time, and 4x and 5x both occur 1/16th of the time. Take those multipliers and divide them out, you get 1.9375, or 31/16]

If we do some fuzzy math and assume that every piece of equipment a player owns has the same probability of needing to be repaired, you can figure out the most expensive [in terms of gold] equipment a player could own [theoretically] by multiplying 97 gold per minute by [[100/4]x[100/7]] which is simply the inverse of the percentage likelyhood that at any minute something needs to be repaired, and the percentage of the cost.

That equals 34,643 gold.

Like i said... this is all fuzzy math, and remember that averages can at best only tell us about the outcomes for groups, not individuals.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 09, 2011, 11:56:54 pm »
+2
If you do the math.... the average multiplier for a player is going to be somewhere around 1.9375, which amounts to an average of 97 gold per minute. This can vary between players, but assuming that on average a player does not radically effect the probability of winning or losing, 1.9375x is the average multiplier. This doesn't include the valor bonus.

[You can figure this out by realizing that multiplied over many games, 1x occurs 1/2 of the time, 2x occurs 1/4 of the time, 3x occurs 1/8th of the time, and 4x and 5x both occur 1/16th of the time. Take those multipliers and divide them out, you get 1.9375, or 31/16]

If we do some fuzzy math and assume that every piece of equipment a player owns has the same probability of needing to be repaired, you can figure out the most expensive [in terms of gold] equipment a player could own [theoretically] by multiplying 97 gold per minute by [[100/4]x[100/7]] which is simply the inverse of the percentage likelyhood that at any minute something needs to be repaired, and the percentage of the cost.

That equals 34,643 gold.

Like i said... this is all fuzzy math, and remember that averages can at best only tell us about the outcomes for groups, not individuals.

tl:dr

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #282 on: September 10, 2011, 12:00:14 am »
+1
nvm

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #283 on: September 10, 2011, 12:05:00 am »
+1
Good ambitious try

At an average of X2 modifier it has been found that you can support about 47K of crap, as opposed to pre-major patch that was 50K.

So for every multiplier, it is supposedly 23.5K

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #284 on: September 10, 2011, 12:19:31 am »
+2
How about a system which doesn't have any upkeep at all, but you have to invest skill points to exceed a certain value of equipment? This way we have all dice rolls removed, your performance ingame will be more predictable, and in theory you can run around with whatever equipment you want, AS LONG as you want. New players won't suffer so much from this system, and characters of same levels will have about the same power. Which is also better for auto"balance" calculations. Because players who decide to go without expensive equipment are rewarded with better skills and vice versa. Which means that you can ride around with your plated charger as long as you want, but because of a few spent skill points to increase your budget you will be crap once dismounted. Sounds fair to me.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)