Author Topic: Why do we even need upkeep anymore?  (Read 37031 times)

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
Re: Why do we even need upkeep anymore?
« Reply #255 on: September 09, 2011, 05:25:46 pm »
+1
rage bump

i grinded hours and hours on my alt to have some fun playing with plated charger and good armour.

pathetic the way upkeep is worked out, and plated charger is 4.5k to repair...i mean seriously.
...there are people who have gold into the hundreds of thousands and into the millions, they are the sort of players that are able to use that stuff for a while.

If people want to use the very best of everything for more than 20 minutes, then they are going to have to dedicate some time to earning the gold to sustain it. You don't need the top equipment to have fun.
yeh yeh broski i know, my main has millions, but i said...

alt

Wanted to try it, seems unfair you have to spend so long doing something for so little reward.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #256 on: September 09, 2011, 05:29:22 pm »
+1
There are no my old friend items, just unblanced and OP items, like xbow.

Stop saying "NERF my COUNTER!!" 
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #257 on: September 09, 2011, 05:54:53 pm »
+1

xbow isn't my counter xD pole is

cos i'm cav derp

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 09, 2011, 06:09:42 pm »
+1
Plated charger is like a tank, and every medium skilled player with a heavy lance can kill shitloads of enemies with this tool, because it simply never dies. Ask Finn about it.

And my old friend items = OP items.

well...it is a plated charger, to be fair, arrows and swords etc would bounce off of the plate irl.  Fuck Finn, he quit cos of the upkeep and that was when it was a fraction of what it is now, which were actually pretty fair repair costs.

and trust me, the plated charger, it's easy to take out using light cav, do it all the time on mah main.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 06:11:05 pm by polkafranzi »

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #259 on: September 09, 2011, 06:10:15 pm »
+1
xbow isn't my counter xD pole is

cos i'm cav derp

No, I'm your counter :p

On a more serious note, I would like to see a less luck-dependant upkeep system. Especially when you wear the more expensive items you need to have quite a buffer to compensate for bad dicerolls. This hurts the new players, and I atleast don't find it "exciting" to wait and see how much upkeep I have to pay this particular round.

The level of upkeep I'm fine with tho, using a plated lolcher + massive armor + massive wep SHOULD drain your wallet pretty damn quick.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 09, 2011, 06:12:16 pm »
+1
On a more serious note, I would like to see a less luck-dependant upkeep system. Especially when you wear the more expensive items you need to have quite a buffer to compensate for bad dicerolls. This hurts the new players, and I atleast don't find it "exciting" to wait and see how much upkeep I have to pay this particular round.

good points, no troll for once...i'm impressed

No, I'm your counter :p

in which day-dream did you have these thoughts?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 06:13:24 pm by polkafranzi »

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #261 on: September 09, 2011, 06:59:13 pm »
+1
Well, actually we can reduce the discussion to this:

The reason why you want to use the plated charger is exactly the same reason why other people (e.g. the developers, me,...) don't want you to use it.

You can name this reason whatever you want, the sentence above will stay valid.

And just on a friendly note: don't come up with realism, because this never works in an argument.

Oh an btw., just to mention it: I don't think this game has counters, at least balance is not based on them. So in my opinion it's not good to divide classes into counters if discussing balancing matters. If you don't agree with it feel free to open up a new topic and inform me about it  :mrgreen:
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 09, 2011, 07:07:11 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

you're a good joker

Offline Fkpuz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cowardly_Viking
« Reply #263 on: September 09, 2011, 08:04:36 pm »
+3
yes, but at a lower cost with lower chance, not the current rate.

also don't come here and talk about best thing that ever happend when you've only played crpg since april so it would seem, you have no place here.

I've played it since you could retire once a week and only got exp for being near people who died.  I played it when everyone was running around in full plate armor and armored horses at generation 10+ keeping 10% of their wpf each time they retired. 

It was the most alienating thing for new players but I stuck with it.  However, of my 10 friends who tried it, nobody else stuck with it.  This speaks volumes to the state that cRPG was in.

Upkeep is the best thing that has ever happened to cRPG, sorry you can't use your plated charger in full tin can armor 24/7 anymore.  I grieve for your loss.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 08:07:29 pm by Fkpuz »

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 09, 2011, 08:11:17 pm »
Upkeep is the best thing that has ever happened to cRPG, sorry you can't use your plated charger in full tin can armor 24/7 anymore.  I grieve for your loss.

there is no loss, for fucks sake, can't you people read! if i wanted to i can buy a plated charger on my main and play him full tincan everyday for weeks on end.

it was an idea, to use, on an alt, and it's fail cos on an alt you can't really have all the gens and gold behind you.  Man you're dumb.  Re-read what i wrote before bringing sarcasm here.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 08:16:09 pm by polkafranzi »

Offline Fkpuz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cowardly_Viking
« Reply #265 on: September 09, 2011, 08:17:49 pm »
+2
Perhaps make money cross character then, except for skip the fun characters.  Because reduced upkeep on alts (or no upkeep) would still recreate an annoying metagame.

edit: hey wait a sec you're not even the op, now I don't feel bad for reading your qq whinefests before responding to you.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 08:19:40 pm by Fkpuz »

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 09, 2011, 08:19:35 pm »
+1
Perhaps make money cross character then, except for skip the fun characters.  Because reduced upkeep on alts (or no upkeep) would still recreate an annoying metagame.

good point and i sort of agree, no upkeep would be fail...but at least lower it a fraction, that's all i'm really raging about.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #267 on: September 09, 2011, 09:43:17 pm »
+2
I played it when everyone was running around in full plate armor and armored horses at generation 10+ keeping 10% of their wpf each time they retired. 

You are a fucking retard and a liar, there was never a spam of plate armor, sure there was more people but not everyone.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 09, 2011, 10:25:29 pm »
+2
Plated charger is like a tank, and every medium skilled player with a heavy lance can kill shitloads of enemies with this tool, because it simply never dies. Ask Finn about it.
Hmmm I guess those hits to the head with an iron staff downing them are my imagination. I think people exaggerate about the usefulness of plated horses (and players). I get killed WAY WAY more often from fast and 'weak' horses than the slow lumbering ones. They take a lot of damage...so what. That's not 'OP' considering their downsides.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 10:26:40 pm by Lichen »

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #269 on: September 09, 2011, 10:46:58 pm »
+4
I played it when everyone was running around in full plate armor and armored horses...
everyone in full plate? false. everyone used the best weight/armor ratio needed for personal likings. i never used heavier armor than coat of plates. and the most popular armor was the transitional.

... generation 10+ keeping 10% of their wpf each time they retired.

again, false. WPF retain was 5% + 5% every gen. so, gen2 5%, gen3 10%, gen4 15%, gen5 20% and so on.