Author Topic: Why do we even need upkeep anymore?  (Read 37149 times)

Offline Reas

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • DRIK!
    • View Profile
Re: Why do we even need upkeep anymore?
« Reply #225 on: July 26, 2011, 07:40:01 pm »
+1
They really need to change the XP nerf... Getting from 30 to 31 is to slow.. Its not even fun anymore..

Offline Andropov

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 28, 2011, 10:26:00 pm »
Doubling XP and money gain and keeping everything else the same would solve everything.

Offline Inporylem

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: EXGK_Inporylem_the_gentle
  • IRC nick: Inporylem
« Reply #227 on: July 28, 2011, 10:27:51 pm »
+1
At least they should give us free hats.

But yeh i have been selling my looms one by one only because im cav. I have extremely cheap gear on all the time, but all i need to fuck up my golds is the damn destrier breaking every round. I guess that is what they wanted, but not really sure how thats going to solve anything just makes shitloads of pissed people because they cant play the build they would want to. Gladly i have my few looms to sell but what about the ppl that doesnt?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 10:32:32 pm by Inporylem »

Offline Sylver

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 03, 2011, 02:13:08 am »
+1
Any news on the upkeep getting fixed soon?  Maybe 1/2 to 1/3 less than before?

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #229 on: August 03, 2011, 05:49:22 am »
+1
According to research done by Mala and other in this thread http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,10854.0.html weapons with 1 wpf has around 11% chance of breaking every tick compared to 2,5% chance for a 140 wpf weapon. So drop the spear and see how that works out for you. I'm using more or less the exact same value gear as you usually and I am making quite abit of money.

Wait, so the chance for breaking is based around the "average" of having 140wpf?!  WTF.  Isn't that pretty much 6 wm all devoted to a single weapon?  Sheesh.  And I thought I was pretty invested as a hybrid by making sure to grab enough agi/wm to have 120 in a pair of weapons.

Getting from 30 to 31 is to slow.. Its not even fun anymore..

Agreed with this part.  Not so sure about the retirement xp as the way to go about it, but rather a general reduction in xp required to hit 31 instead?  I mean, it's great for those people with a dozen heirlooms that have no use for retirement any more who are just levelling to 35 now (I believe one of my clanmates is 33 and 80 mil from 34 currently) but for those of us that don't have that heirloom/gold stockpile it's just a constant drag that goes on and on and on and on.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 05:52:04 am by Gorath »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #230 on: August 03, 2011, 11:22:13 am »
+1
Wait, so the chance for breaking is based around the "average" of having 140wpf?!  WTF.  Isn't that pretty much 6 wm all devoted to a single weapon?  Sheesh.  And I thought I was pretty invested as a hybrid by making sure to grab enough agi/wm to have 120 in a pair of weapons.

well for 120wpf i think is around 4-4.5%.

but was needed to get rid of 1wpf crossbow spammers, archers with a bastard langer messer with 1wpf...

but breaking chance by character level is the best solution so far for newcomers.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #231 on: August 03, 2011, 04:42:33 pm »
+1
4WM at level 30 dedicated will give 139wpf, so I don't think the base goal of 140 is too bad.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 03, 2011, 06:21:45 pm »
+1
I would like to see upkeep chances affected by different things than just round time and luck. Maybe have it so the more kills a player has the more his chances of his weapon breaking. Also have it so if a player is killed his chances of his armor breaking are increased compared with a player who survives the round. So if you have pretty good gear but don't get any (or many) kills and you are still alive your chances of paying upkeep would be reduced by a lot. Just some ideas.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 06:23:50 pm by Lichen »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #233 on: August 03, 2011, 06:23:32 pm »
+1
I would like to see upkeep chances affected by more than just round time and pure luck (chance). Maybe have it so the more kills a player has the more his chances of his weapon breaking. Also have it so if a player is killed his chances of his armor breaking are increased compared with a player who survives the round. So if you have pretty good gear but don't get any (or many) kills and you are still alive your chances of paying upkeep would be reduced by a lot. Just some ideas.

While that would make sense and be realistic, I don't think it would add much to the fun factor for being penalized for being ganked or killing people.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #234 on: August 03, 2011, 06:28:05 pm »
+1
I would like to see upkeep chances affected by different things than just round time and luck. Maybe have it so the more kills a player has the more his chances of his weapon breaking. Also have it so if a player is killed his chances of his armor breaking are increased compared with a player who survives the round. So if you have pretty good gear but don't get any (or many) kills and you are still alive your chances of paying upkeep would be reduced by a lot. Just some ideas.
So penalise the people that win the round for you?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 03, 2011, 06:36:00 pm »
+1
So penalise the people that win the round for you?
How about just have it so if there is no increased chance of breakage for better players BUT there is a reduced chance of breakage for those who don't get many (or any) kills. That would help with the 'omg I just payed upkeep on all this crap which I didn't even use' comments.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #236 on: August 03, 2011, 09:07:18 pm »
+1

the idea is good.. but i bet would require too much time to script it.

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #237 on: August 04, 2011, 12:31:14 am »
+1
Crpg has a online Feudal system

Join a clan, befriend a lord. Serve him and his Kingdom and be rewarded(ask for handouts sometiem). QQ on the forums and be scolded!

PS.

Join a clan get in strat have even MORE fun! Be a part of SOMETHING intead of a little FORUM TROLOLOLOL!  :wink:
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 04, 2011, 12:36:12 am »
+1

Join a clan, befriend a lord. Serve him and his Kingdom and be rewarded(ask for handouts sometiem). QQ on the forums and be scolded!

PS.

Join a clan get in strat have even MORE fun! Be a part of SOMETHING intead of a little FORUM TROLOLOLOL!  :wink:

Forum is for... you know, people like... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS_1bzaj2fw  :lol:

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #239 on: August 04, 2011, 08:17:26 am »
+1
First problem

Join a clan, befriend a lord.
Second problem

Serve him
Biggest problem
 :wink:
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?