Author Topic: NA Servers - Game Admin applications OPEN  (Read 85936 times)

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
Re: NA Servers - Game Admin applications OPEN
« Reply #615 on: May 06, 2012, 11:11:50 pm »
+10
I would like to become an Admin for the new NA servers for multiple reasons, and in no particular order:

While I was an Admin on the Acre server, I kept the place troll free and the incidents down to a minimum, yet never recieved a single complaint from how I handled things, neither from those I kicked/muted/Banned, nor from the owners. I feel that I should be able to continue that with the new servers.

I am not a "twitch/impulse" admin, and prefer to hand out the minimum level of control to solve a problem. If someone is merely flooding the chat with insults, I think a simple mute would suffice if a warning did not make them stop. Kicks would be handed out for frequently then bans, of which I believe should only be applied to actual problem cases.

While I have a reputation for being a bit of a troll on the forums, I have yet to grief on any server, and have yet to show up in any of the "Ban/Unban" sections of this forum. I do understand that the primary intent of this game is to have fun, and that fun should not come at the expense of others.

I have yet to develop any grudges against any clan or member of this community, which should help as a Game Administrator should be as impartial as possible.

I prefer to uphold not only the spirit of the law, but also how it is written and not "interpret" it to my liking. I follow the rules as they are presented, not as I would wish them to be. I care about the community.

I play often, multiple hours a day every day (besides a few saturdays). I should be able to maintain a proper presence.

Lastly, I would like to help contribute towards this community that has helped me relax on innumerable evenings, and this would be a nice way for me to "give back" as I understand that being a Game Admin is not a "perk" but rather an important responsibility.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #616 on: May 06, 2012, 11:57:20 pm »
+3
^shut up and make this man admin
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #617 on: May 08, 2012, 05:38:53 pm »
Recently we have had a few administrators resign and others go inactive, which means we’re hoping to fill some open positions. What I’d like for you to do, rather than just say “Hey, I want admin”, is to simply give an example of a situation (Can be fictional) where a call was made that you either strongly disagreed or agreed with (maybe it wasn’t a popular decision). I know this is a lot to ask for with this community, hopefully though, it isn’t too much of a hassle.
Still looking for applicants. We'll most likely be making our decision by the end of 2010, as to give all administrators a chance to weigh in with their thoughts.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 05:58:38 pm by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #618 on: May 08, 2012, 06:53:06 pm »
I think i should be admin for the NA official servers.

I play pretty much prime time every night and since this is the only game i play i usually put in multiple hours a week

I was admin on haven server for 4 or 5 months with no complaints

My idea of an admin is some1 who manages the in game situation with minimal impact of the players not affected. If im unsure of what happened i will just direct the players to the forums.

Nothing bothers me more as a player then the walls of admin text in game trying to resolve arguements that they didnt wittness

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #619 on: May 08, 2012, 09:54:17 pm »
Nothing bothers me more as a player then the walls of admin text in game trying to resolve arguements that they didnt wittness

The problem is that players can communicate to the players privately but the admins can't communicate back. 

To remedy this I think all admins should have people message their Steam name to resolve issues so this does not happen.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 08, 2012, 10:06:54 pm »
+2
The problem is that players can communicate to the players privately but the admins can't communicate back. 

To remedy this I think all admins should have people message their Steam name to resolve issues so this does not happen.

Enjoy never being able to play other games in peace if you're an admin :D

*Smoothrich is now playing Dota 2*

HEY SMOOTHRICH CAN U TURN POLLS ON NA 1
HEY SMOOTHRICH I HAVE SCREENSHOTS OF TAEMKILLINg
HEY SMOOTHRICH WHEN DO IG ET UNBANNEd
HEY SmotHRIchLFkasjflaflf

I don't really mind, and maintain plenty of people on my Steam friend's list just for accessibility.  I would not open the floodgates to the entire cRPG community though.

I usually just talk to people in regular chat and save the obnoxious pink text for direct warnings
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #621 on: May 08, 2012, 10:19:01 pm »
+5
Still looking for applicants. We'll most likely be making our decision by the end of 2010, as to give all administrators a chance to weigh in with their thoughts.

At some point or another I expressed an interest in volunteering to be an Admin, but then my priorities shifted to seeing how many people I could kill with one attack direction in a single round.

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 14, 2012, 08:43:44 pm »
bump

Offline OpenPalm

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 18
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Thes
« Reply #623 on: May 14, 2012, 09:39:32 pm »
I'm curious as to how the admins will resolve/ignore the xbow cav "delaying" issue.  I think it should be left to poll kicks, personally.
Quote from: Smoothrich
Racism against our chinese gold grinding brothers.

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
« Reply #624 on: May 14, 2012, 09:47:06 pm »
+1
I'm curious as to how the admins will resolve/ignore the xbow cav "delaying" issue.  I think it should be left to poll kicks, personally.

I think those that poll to kick/ban XA when they are actively killing players should be banned for spamming polls.

See how different interpretations we have?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 203
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Abdul_Rashid_PanBaba,Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #625 on: May 15, 2012, 12:40:00 am »
+1
In this community,if you cheat,which is the ultimate crime to do in a game,you can buy a second cd key and everything is fine,but if you troll you get a permaban and be in danger for a second one,fair isn`t it?

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 15, 2012, 12:51:44 am »
+9
I think that I should be admin.. SEMENstorm needs an admin rep. I also know the game well and would be fair.. im on the game early mornings with no other admins are on. I can knock out all the nonsense that goes on. But yet I will be really fair.

Perk - Not Getting Vote Kicked everytime i get on - simply following rules
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #627 on: May 15, 2012, 05:06:04 am »
+1
Tigersblood and Rhaelys would be fantastic in my opinion.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #628 on: May 15, 2012, 07:02:36 am »
Is my adminship in the mail? Haven't gotten any word yet.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Para

• Count
  • Renown: 170
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Para_KUTT, Slut_KUTT, Upper_KUTT, Ballmeat_KUTT, Ballmeat_Sandwich
  • IRC nick: Para_
« Reply #629 on: June 15, 2012, 10:39:49 am »
+10
I am applying for admin because the NA Siege server desperately needs an active admin on. I play mostly during prime time, up until the late hours when the population starts to taper off to about 20ish people total.

I have tons of admin experience, and remain unbiased when it comes to enforcing the rules. I will enforce the rules to the best of my judgement, this includes disciplining other KUTT members if they break any rules.

I currently co-run multiple TF2 servers with a friend and our steam group has over 24,000 members: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ponyville  (no, I'm not a brony, I just moderate the servers and take care of the technical aspects of running the servers). I have also run several private servers for various games with much success. I have never in my lifetime of being an admin for other games have had my actions called unjust by many.

I do admit I scold players in siege sometimes for not playing the objective, but I would never abuse my powers on a player that is new at the game or just doesn't have the proper mindset to win. I would, however, deal with the growing wave of griefers/trolls that has been plaguing the server (intentional team wounders, ladder stallers, door/gate openers on the wrong team, etc...).

I really hope get more active admins in siege, because there has been dozens of times where trolls have ruined great matches and have gotten away with it. Even if you don't pick me, please give somebody who is active in siege some power to do something about these trolls.
Woozle wuzzle?