Author Topic: NA Servers - Game Admin applications OPEN  (Read 82423 times)

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
Re: NA Servers - Game Admin applications OPEN
« Reply #600 on: May 05, 2012, 07:58:51 pm »
I'de like to be an admin of the official servers, i am an admin of the community servers aswell. I have been playing cRPG for about a year, been playing M&B for several years. I have been an admin on different games throughout my gaming "career".

I know the rules well and i enforce them and i do not care whether or not people "like" me.

Example of a situation I disagree with:
An admin kicking a TKer that started teamwounding first, But NOT kicking the player that teamwounded him back.
The rule is "No intentional teamwounding/teamkilling during a round". Both players intentionally hit eachother, both players deserve their punishment.

Example of a situation I agree with:
An admin warns a player for using racial slurs in chat. The player continues doing so; the admin perma-bans the player (to make an unban request on the forums) for racial slurs aswell as for his/her's ignorance.

Thank you for considering,
Life
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 05, 2012, 08:09:18 pm »
I would like to be an admin.
I play often and I have a good understanding of the rules. I feel that even though I am not the best candidate I would never abuse the administrative powers if I am given them. I would asses any problem thoroughly before making an action and I would never let a friend go unpunished. I have been kicked from servers and temp banned, at first I was angry with the admin who did so but I realized he the admin was right.
My most recent situation was I was attacking a teammates siege equipment and destroying it because my team wasn't helping I got a 5 minute ban and I deserved that because I was in fact warned about it.
I hope that you consider me to be an admin.
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Rain

• Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 8
  • An honest man is always a child
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: Mantra, Tigersblood, Rain
  • IRC nick: Rain
« Reply #602 on: May 05, 2012, 08:32:57 pm »
+2
I would like to apply for admin as well, A little background information I have been playing the game for about 2 years pretty consistently so I know the in and outs of the rules and can reliably answer any questions about items and other things.  The reason for this application is the extreme lack of admins on the hours I'm on.  I usually play pretty late at night and deep into the morning, and sometimes even during the day and i'm noticing a lack of admins.  I'm a well mannered guy, and I can handle the responsibility.

An example of a situation that i agree with is always giving a clear verbal warning before taking action against any player, because honestly not everyone knows the rules and simply taking action before letting somebody know what's going on is just not fair.  (Now repeat offenders can be punished accordingly)

A situation I disagree with is a ban after team wounding. If they continue to team wound/Grief/Etc after being kicked the admin should use his/her best judgement from there, but losing your multi for team wounding and not playing a round should be enough after a warning in my opinion.

Whether or not you choose me for admin, I'd like to put my two cents in and say we need a late night/early morning admin. Just one or two could go a long way.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #603 on: May 05, 2012, 10:18:48 pm »
+1
-snip-
My most recent situation was I was attacking a teammates siege equipment and destroying it because my team wasn't helping I got a 5 minute ban and I deserved that because I was in fact warned about it.
I hope that you consider me to be an admin.
So you think you did something bad because the admin warned you and you didn't listen, but attacking the friendly siege equipment was totally fine?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 05, 2012, 10:45:43 pm »
So you think you did something bad because the admin warned you and you didn't listen, but attacking the friendly siege equipment was totally fine?
No I think what I did was wrong which I said

Way to not fully read it
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #605 on: May 05, 2012, 10:50:43 pm »
No I think what I did was wrong which I said

Way to not fully read it
Way not to get my point.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #606 on: May 06, 2012, 12:57:23 am »
Is my adminship coming by post? When should I expect it?
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline naruto_goku_sephiroth_420

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 06, 2012, 02:21:56 am »
NANCY_DREW_FART_DETECTIVE for admin 2012 change we need

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
« Reply #608 on: May 06, 2012, 02:41:02 am »
Example of a situation I agree with:
An admin warns a player for using racial slurs in chat. The player continues doing so; the admin perma-bans the player (to make an unban request on the forums) for racial slurs aswell as for his/her's ignorance.

have you ever considered you are the ignorant one?

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #609 on: May 06, 2012, 02:51:37 pm »
Thanks for the replies guys, keep them coming though while we mull over the recent posts. We don't exactly have a set number of administrators we are looking for, but we absolutely need at least three more. Siege administrators are always welcome and are probably what we need the most, but that isn't our only focus.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Arathian

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 06, 2012, 03:04:33 pm »
Thanks for the replies guys, keep them coming though while we mull over the recent posts. We don't exactly have a set number of administrators we are looking for, but we absolutely need at least three more. Siege administrators are always welcome and are probably what we need the most, but that isn't our only focus.

well, I play almost exclusively NA siege, especially with my current built (although that could change) but something tells me you wouldn't want me for admin.

Still, have you ever considered making OP's? Not "true" admins but with the power to kick people that ruin the fun for everyone or something.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #611 on: May 06, 2012, 03:18:17 pm »
well, I play almost exclusively NA siege, especially with my current built (although that could change) but something tells me you wouldn't want me for admin.

Still, have you ever considered making OP's? Not "true" admins but with the power to kick people that ruin the fun for everyone or something.
This has been discussed quite a bit actually, though nothing has ever come of it, sadly. We've discussed the idea of having "trial" administrators, which wouldn't have ban rights, for example.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Arathian

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 06, 2012, 03:21:33 pm »
This has been discussed quite a bit actually, though nothing has ever come of it, sadly. We've discussed the idea of having "trial" administrators, which wouldn't have ban rights, for example.

trial admins is not what I meant. OP is much simpler than that. It is a permanent position (as opposed to "trial" where everyone tries to do his 'best' and overreacts to get rid of the 'trial') with specific duties that both the players and the bearers know they can't extend.

That it isn't a "passage" position is what it would make it valuable. Different psychological state.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #613 on: May 06, 2012, 04:36:58 pm »
Recently we have had a few administrators resign and others go inactive, which means we’re hoping to fill some open positions. What I’d like for you to do, rather than just say “Hey, I want admin”, is to simply give an example of a situation (Can be fictional) where a call was made that you either strongly disagreed or agreed with (maybe it wasn’t a popular decision). I know this is a lot to ask for with this community, hopefully though, it isn’t too much of a hassle.

So Uh...can I use my Posts in a certain thread as examples, or would you like the most recent drama one with ganner from a month or two ago?

Or How about this one: Make me admin so I stop making ban request threads.

It's a win-win for everyone!

(click to show/hide)

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
« Reply #614 on: May 06, 2012, 04:44:27 pm »
fine...I'll do it

(Kevin_Flynn)
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...