Author Topic: NA Servers - Game Admin applications OPEN  (Read 85942 times)

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
Re: NA Servers - Game Admin applications OPEN
« Reply #465 on: November 29, 2011, 02:23:44 am »
You were funnier when you trolled in your scarface persona.

The world is yours, and everything in it! And at the end fighting off enemies with noobtube like a beast.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zekerage

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ZyloRage
« Reply #466 on: November 29, 2011, 04:54:00 am »
Thanks for Citing me in your excellent application :P

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #467 on: November 29, 2011, 06:18:23 am »
+6
I would like to apply once again for administration rights on the Official NA server(s).  I like bullet points, so:

(click to show/hide)

-          I’ve been active in cRPG for over a year.
-          I’ve seen many people become administrators and have those rights taken away.
-          I fully understand the responsibilities that come with being an administrator.
-          I’d have no problem making this community better by assuring that people who break the rules consistently are taken care of.
-          I’d also have no problem going into spectator mode when issues arise.
-          As a leader of a faction, I’m used to having to take care of problems within. Therefore, in my experience as a leader, I know how to handle problems even when my faction members are involved, and I would take into account all factors even if these were allegations against one of my own members.
-          I take into account all factors possible before making a decision, and put my best effort into the decisions I make.
-          As a North American who has played the mod for over a year, I’ve seen the growth of the North American community, back to even when Garguro started the first NA servers after Jest’s.
-          It matters little who it was who broke the rules. What matters is that the rules were broken.
-          I’ve been teamkilled and teamwounded (on purpose, mind you) countless times. I’ve (To be honest: almost) always made it a point to take screenshots (when possible I always did) and to contemplate whether I should post them on the forums for a ban request or not. Oft times I did not due to myself taking the time to weigh the two options of post or don’t post.  Other times, I have posted a request and have not gotten the expected outcome to the offender.
-          I consider myself to be a renowned member of the community, not necessarily for my good actions, but for at least my conduct in-game. I put effort into maintaining a positive reputation in this community, because I care about this community as well as my reputation.
-   My feelings towards other factions or players would not be taking into account, so long as that person does not insult continuously or act childish if brought into question for an incident that they were involved in.
-          It does not bother me to have to explain things when rules are broken, so long as the person needing the information is not blatantly wasting time.
-          I’ve always made sure the members of my faction did not trash talk in-game or break the rules in any way. I assured my faction had always maintained a certain level of respect for others, and expected the same back. I think that this effort displays a longing for at least a semi-friendly environment of gaming.
-          Lastly, I understand that administrators aren’t Gods and clearly shouldn’t be seen as such.  Any mistake I make will be (if realized by myself, and usually is soon after it is made) taken into account and an apology will be swift.

EDIT: - As far as I can remember, I've never been kicked from a server, and I've most certainly have never been banned for any period of time.

As for when to use the administration panel and about administration:
-          The administration panel should be used only when conflicts, problems, or other issues cannot be solved by using the super duper pink text.
-          When it comes to the point to use the administration panel, much more thought comes into play.
-          Warnings should be warranted to all as a first resort, being given as a global warning, individual warning, or group warning.
-          Warnings can also be given after a player or players has/have been kicked or banned for unruly actions. I would give warnings globally after kicking or banning a player in order to warn the rest of the player base that the specific action or actions committed by the player(s) are against the rules.
-          Mutes should be warranted for players who continually spam chat, voice commands, or talk too much shit.
-          Kicks are to be given when a player does not heed a warning or is deliberately breaking a rule or rules when already warned not to or clearly already understands the rules. Global warnings for said action should be given as well as a reason to the playerbase when a player is kicked, assuring the other players know that the action committed is against the rules.
-          Bans are the last resort in the administrator’s arsenal. To ban  a player is not only to take away extremely unruly and/or unsavory players from the game for a specific amount of time, but also to take away play time from others. Time is considered valuable and should not be wasted. I would assure to give bans to those who break the rules repeatedly or continually cease heeding warnings.
-          Players who are known to break the rules repeatedly will get less warnings, less kicks, and more bans than first-time or second-time offenders, as reading the golden rule of cRPG: Common sense. Repeat offenders and known troublemakers should be banned when the last straw has been drawn.
-      My activity is at a moderate level, but my time spent online each week  and day increases and decreases. I usually play every day or every other day to take part in battle mode or (occasionally) siege mode. I usually play for several hours each session, so I would be able to take a fair chunk of the day for adminning.
-      Furthermore, I am almost 24/7 available on steam, as my computer is on all day and occasionally all night. I more often than not respond within an hour of being messaged if AFK, and always respond when able.
-          I will attempt to be on IRC chat when available, although steam is my main form of contact online.
-          Administrators are only there to ensure that the mod does not turn into a hell-hole.
-          Overall, the administration panel’s use is not to be taken lightly. However, it’s use is necessary at times to ensure the continual peace and growth of the cRPG mod and community.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application. I’ve put a sizeable amount more time and effort into this application than my previous one. I hope that the owner(s) of the NA servers will consider my application and that my fellow cRPG community members will read it (and comment) as well. It’s kind of official, but I figured I should at least make the application seem official in order for it to be taken seriously. Please also note that I love a good laugh and of course play this game to have fun, as all others do. Good day.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 04:54:54 am by Reinhardt »
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #468 on: November 29, 2011, 06:33:04 am »
I strongly endorse Reinhardt, he was very fair when managing the Acre server, and did not let personal feeling influence his decisions in a negative fashion. Never had a problem with him in game either. I can also attest that in team speak he manages his players well and keeps them in line, as is evidenced by how well they behave as a whole.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gomer
« Reply #469 on: November 29, 2011, 07:31:59 am »
I strongly endorse Reinhardt, he was very fair when managing the Acre server, and did not let personal feeling influence his decisions in a negative fashion. Never had a problem with him in game either. I can also attest that in team speak he manages his players well and keeps them in line, as is evidenced by how well they behave as a whole.
Maybe a different Acre not to offend but Clan Leader=Bad idea for admin. To many excuses for both sides to cause trouble. I endorse him aswell I would want him as an admin too but Leader+Admin=Excuses.

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #470 on: November 29, 2011, 08:16:45 am »
+1
Canary?!
Serfonz?!
Braeden?!

:lol:

bad excuse IMO...  :rolleyes:

Reinhardt got my vote!  :wink:
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #471 on: November 29, 2011, 03:12:07 pm »
+1
^ This.

Being a leader doesn't mean you're biased. Yeah, people will have more of an attachment to their own, but I've had to kick people from my faction before. Banning a troublemaker from the game if he's in my faction would simply save me the time and effort of finding out that said person is an asshole/rulebreaker, which would ultimately lead him to be kicked from Acre anyway.

PS: Thanks for the support, everyone!
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #472 on: November 29, 2011, 03:21:33 pm »
If you got ToD's backing then I say your 'IN' dude. Pre- Gratz btw.

ps. All I got in this 'world' is my sarcasm and my balls. And I break them for NO one! Putos!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 03:25:21 pm by Lordark »
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Ser_Chris_P_Bacon_Astralis, an_angry_piglet, A_Canadian_Seal_Clubber_Eh
« Reply #473 on: November 29, 2011, 08:53:51 pm »
+10
I'd like to reapply for admin for a few reasons which make sense in my own head.
  • I get a lot of game-time on all of the official servers, especially siege which seems to lack admins a lot.
  • I know I would be a fair admin, although that particular fact is hard to prove.
  • I'm an admin on the Invicti server (which is running a different mod right now but I was an admin before it switched)
  • I have no problem administering punishment to my own clanmembers, because I know deep in my heart they deserve it reaaaaally bad
  • While I do not get angry at breaking rules, I do however enjoy making sure they get what's coming to them (through the forums and I chat ofc)
  • I started with this mod well over a year ago, although I can't give an exact time. All I remember is when I first joined xp tower was my favorite place
  • I have a sense of humor, and I can take a joke at my own expense. I do however recognize when something really offensive is going on and have no problem taking action.

I'd add more, but I do not want to take things from Reinhardt's application cause then I'd feel like a jerk. So I'll just hope someone else will vouch for me.

-Chris_P_Bacon

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gomer
« Reply #474 on: November 30, 2011, 01:47:04 am »
^ This.

Being a leader doesn't mean you're biased. Yeah, people will have more of an attachment to their own, but I've had to kick people from my faction before. Banning a troublemaker from the game if he's in my faction would simply save me the time and effort of finding out that said person is an asshole/rulebreaker, which would ultimately lead him to be kicked from Acre anyway.

PS: Thanks for the support, everyone!

I support you BTW :P

Offline dtrogers

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Mr. Rogers
« Reply #475 on: November 30, 2011, 02:17:23 am »
Hello,
I am Hospitaller_MrRogersII and i think i would be good to be an NA admin because i was an admin on the ATS public servers and have "never" been banned for a single infraction.

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
« Reply #476 on: December 01, 2011, 02:39:39 am »
I support that Bacon fellow.

Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline Brother_Morr

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: D'Haran Empire
« Reply #477 on: December 01, 2011, 03:32:01 am »
I Love BACON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i say bacon is good for the heart, as well as our siege server.
We'll make our stand here. Death will come to us or them, ether way he won't have to travel far.

Offline Scrambles720

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Scrambles_Astralis
« Reply #478 on: December 01, 2011, 03:36:52 am »
BACON FOR JESUS 2012!

Offline ironfox

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Best in VA
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoW,MB,Scarebears,PxC
  • Game nicks: Ironfox, ChinatownSuzy,Shiba
  • IRC nick: You Can't Box The Fox
« Reply #479 on: December 01, 2011, 04:20:11 am »
+10
I get a lot of game-time on all of the official servers, especially siege which seems to lack admins a lot.
I know I would be a fair admin, although that particular fact is hard to prove.
I'm an admin on the Invicti server (which is running a different mod right now but I was an admin before it switched)
I have no problem administering punishment to my own clanmembers, because I know deep in my heart they deserve it reaaaaally bad
While I do not get angry at breaking rules, I do however enjoy making sure they get what's coming to them (through the forums and I chat ofc)
I started with this mod well over a year ago, although I can't give an exact time. All I remember is when I first joined xp tower was my favorite place
I have a sense of humor, and I can take a joke at my own expense. I do however recognize when something really offensive is going on and have no problem taking action.

I'd add more, but I do not want to take things from Reinhardt's application cause then I'd feel like a jerk. So I'll just hope someone else will vouch for me.
       -  Ironfox