Author Topic: NA Servers - Game Admin applications OPEN  (Read 83690 times)

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
Re: NA Servers - Game Admin applications OPEN
« Reply #450 on: November 24, 2011, 03:09:13 am »
We need more Badmins. Pref Fcc/Choas. Not Enuf o those. ^^
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #451 on: November 24, 2011, 03:37:33 am »
+4
<------
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #452 on: November 24, 2011, 04:02:04 am »
We need more Badmins. Pref Choas. Not Enuf o those. ^^
Sarcasm? Love it :P

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 24, 2011, 04:22:33 am »
+3
I vote myself as admin, my globally banned status would prevent me from doing a bad admin work and I would thus be a much needed addition to the already full of shit admin team.

Offline Zekerage

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ZyloRage
« Reply #454 on: November 24, 2011, 07:07:30 am »
+9
When do you think mutes/warnings/kicks/bans should be issued? Maybe state what you think the role of an administrator is?

Would obviously depend on the situation. Obviously, the official rules need to be followed and enforced, and it amazes me how many people still disregard chadz number 1 rule... Common Sense. Racism = kick. I'd probably be more lenient on friendly homosexual jests, because I know a large part of the community (myself included) partake. Obvious TK, TW, Asshatery = warning--->kick.

I'm kinda iffy on what to consider "intentional delaying". There's the obvious one where the person has a less than 10% chance of winning, but sometimes, runners can pull it off. Loki comes to mind. I've personally ran away from a 7vs1 (where I was the 1 with a 12/27 Katana build), and I felt it was a legitimate strategy to thin out their numbers by separating the faster enemies, and whittling them down. I understand that this is the same concept that many people intend to use. (despite everyone complaining, and calling for my immediate kick/ban, I won that encounter -_-).

Excessive smack talk among players that have obviously gone beyond necessary, friendly, competitive smack talk would be a warning, then a mute, then a kick if they just can't learn to shut it.

Obviously, all repeat offenders who just don't get it after their warning AND kick would probably end up getting a ban (length depending on severity of the infraction, maturity, cooperation, etc..)

Another thing that I've seen posted in the suggestion forum is to make ladders in battle either A: non-existent or B: indestructible.  I agree that one of those would be a great solution to everyone complaining about roof camping on "unreachable roofs". I feel that an alternative solution would be : If the roof isn't accessible, then you shouldn't be on it.

I'd like some clarification on this point regardless of consideration for adminship. There are many maps where there will be 2-5 archers on a roof who have destroyed the ladder, and argue that since there is still 1 more ground troop or cav, they don't have to come down yet. This leads to everyone without a shield hiding, everyone with a shield staring blankly at the archers, and pretty much just makes everyone but the archers Rage.

In the end, I think the role of an Admin is to provide the community with a Fun, relatively (excessive) asshat free environment with which to play, enjoy this damn good mod, and poke fun at how bad other players are (in a friendly manner).

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gomer
« Reply #455 on: November 24, 2011, 10:29:29 am »
+2

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #456 on: November 25, 2011, 06:50:57 am »
Yes! More apps like Zylo's.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #457 on: November 25, 2011, 06:53:15 am »

Offline Ufthak

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 27, 2011, 08:37:33 am »
+10
I'm interested in becoming an admin. I pride myself on being dull and boring. Not really sure what to say, most things are situational. Valor farming by hiding in a haystack not contributing, waiting for your team to die definitely merits a warning regardless of what gear you have on. Not really interested in spitting out a bunch of pointless (most likely) insincere dribble that makes me sound like I'm in a beauty pageant.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #459 on: November 29, 2011, 12:14:17 am »
We need more Badmins. Pref Fcc/Choas. Not Enuf o those. ^^

You were funnier when you trolled in your scarface persona.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #460 on: November 29, 2011, 12:14:49 am »
+3
Hello, I would like to apply as an NA admin.
- No clan bias (unaffiliated, and never will join an official clan).
- I believe in putting time and effort into solving issues as fair as possible.
- I have over 800 hours into warband, over 40 hours every two weeks (usually more.) I tend to sleep during the day so, you can expect me on at night.
- I've been victim to admin abuse. I've been victim to clans abusing their superior coordination to get away with things.
- I just want to help everyone be able to enjoy the game in all fairness without all of the rule breaking and/or miscommunication.
- I believe in being kind and understanding and would like to encourage others to do the same.

I would be very grateful to be given the opportunity and privilege to moderate this game and enforce its rules in a calm and respectful manner.
Thank you.

I would be interested in hearing about more feedback on this person.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Gawin

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • My pic ^^
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Gawin, Fallen_SantaRudloph, PR_Red_Ranger the leader of the power rangers
« Reply #461 on: November 29, 2011, 02:03:57 am »
MY APPLICATION THE BEST! and heres why!!

Would obviously depend on the situation. Obviously, the official rules need to be followed and enforced, and it amazes me how many people still disregard chadz number 1 rule... Common Sense. Racism = kick. I'd probably be more lenient on friendly homosexual jests, because I know a large part of the community (myself included) partake. Obvious TK, TW, Asshatery = warning--->kick.

I'm kinda iffy on what to consider "intentional delaying". There's the obvious one where the person has a less than 10% chance of winning, but sometimes, runners can pull it off. Loki comes to mind. I've personally ran away from a 7vs1 (where I was the 1 with a 12/27 Katana build), and I felt it was a legitimate strategy to thin out their numbers by separating the faster enemies, and whittling them down. I understand that this is the same concept that many people intend to use. (despite everyone complaining, and calling for my immediate kick/ban, I won that encounter -_-).

Excessive smack talk among players that have obviously gone beyond necessary, friendly, competitive smack talk would be a warning, then a mute, then a kick if they just can't learn to shut it.

Obviously, all repeat offenders who just don't get it after their warning AND kick would probably end up getting a ban (length depending on severity of the infraction, maturity, cooperation, etc..)

Another thing that I've seen posted in the suggestion forum is to make ladders in battle either A: non-existent or B: indestructible.  I agree that one of those would be a great solution to everyone complaining about roof camping on "unreachable roofs". I feel that an alternative solution would be : If the roof isn't accessible, then you shouldn't be on it.

I'd like some clarification on this point regardless of consideration for adminship. There are many maps where there will be 2-5 archers on a roof who have destroyed the ladder, and argue that since there is still 1 more ground troop or cav, they don't have to come down yet. This leads to everyone without a shield hiding, everyone with a shield staring blankly at the archers, and pretty much just makes everyone but the archers Rage.

In the end, I think the role of an Admin is to provide the community with a Fun, relatively (excessive) asshat free environment with which to play, enjoy this damn good mod, and poke fun at how bad other players are (in a friendly manner).
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #462 on: November 29, 2011, 02:07:57 am »
Now that was an extremely well written and detailed application, I would love to see more like that, and less "two line wonders."

However...

Copyright... +1 to zekerage!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 02:10:08 am by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #463 on: November 29, 2011, 02:12:23 am »
Now that was an extremely well written and detailed application, I would love to see more like that, and less "two line wonders."

However...

Copyright... +1 to zekerage!

bullshitting on an application has no bearing on whether someone is going to be a good admin, just shows they're good at bullshitting

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #464 on: November 29, 2011, 02:13:19 am »
Hence the +1 to Zekerage?