• cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
Re: Upkeep
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 02:04:41 am »
Try to make polls as encompassing and unbiased as possible.
you have:
its too harsh, I cant make any money!

Its just right, nicely balanced!

Not sure?
You didn't put "It is too low, increase it further" as an option.
I don't know many who would vote for it, but that is besides the point. Biased polls are ignored by devs automatically.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Squid

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 02:05:47 am »
Ok we can do that

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 02:17:01 am »
Better :)
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Squid

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 03:39:49 am »
We aim to please, rather I hope this puts perspective on the enitire upkeep debate  :lol:

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 10:16:21 am »
horses cost so much :(
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2423
  • Infamy: 2584
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 10:33:16 am »
+1
I'm wearing Cuir Boulli, Jason's Mask, Red Wisby, Shynbaulds, Long Arming, Heavy Cav Shield + Destrier/Crossbow (depends on ocassion). Without extra items like horse or xbow I'm slowly but steadily losing money, with extra items I'm losing money big time.

I know it's not medium tier setup but when I came back to the game I had a feeling that now it's posible to use our favourite gear without losing money. Kinda saddens me that's not the case but I'll adapt.

PS. I don't give a damn about balance, not anymore. Came back to have as much fun as posible, not to lick fasaders/pauls ball telling them how awesome they are and their godlike balancing skills.

I admit it, my idea of fun is killing peasants by trampling them, backstabbing them, using OP shit against them and the like.

Best c-rpg = pre upkeep c-rpg :wink:

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 10:36:29 am »
I'd like a poll option for "a little bit too high, but nothing game-breaking."
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 10:37:36 am »
"a little bit too high, but nothing game-breaking."

Offline CoWorm

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Conqueror_Worm, Nyarla
  • IRC nick: CoWorm
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 10:54:04 am »
Haven't really done enough testing with gear setups to find my sweet spot like before the patch, so I haven't really made up my mind yet. But leaning towards this..

No vote yet.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 12:02:12 pm »
PS. I don't give a damn about balance, not anymore. Came back to have as much fun as posible, not to lick fasaders/pauls ball telling them how awesome they are and their godlike balancing skills.

i dont remember anyone ever saying the game was properly balanced
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 12:11:37 pm »

This is my stance...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Barbas

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Great President of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 12:41:19 pm »
Eh.. I don't know that the poll is going to be too informative:

Seems that a lot of players, newer ones especially, don't really have any solid idea of what upkeep costs on average.  In-game you hear a lot of "I just spent almost all my money buying this longsword, and it broke twice in 15 minutes, and now I'm broke!".  Because.. it is rather a lot of work to dig through the forums to find out the current repair costs, the current % chance of an item's breaking, and then calculate the average upkeep per tick for your equipment setup.

So first and foremost, what we really need is just the very simple addition to the website of an average upkeep indicator on the equipment screen.  (Especially since wpf now affects the chance of breakage.)  Wouldn't hurt to add the per-item average upkeep costs on the buying screen as well.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2326
  • Infamy: 2997
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2011, 01:03:47 pm »
i dont remember anyone ever saying the game was properly balanced

I was being sarcastic. Of course it isn't balanced. They use the same balancing "technique" as Blizzard does with WoW which consist of buffing something and nerfing something else (previously buffed) after some period of time. I find that lame, that ain't balancing that's playing with player base and form of trolling.

To balance something you have to find that certain sweet spot and keep it that way, then balance something else in correlation with the first thing you balanced until you achieve best posible balance. But most devs are afraid of their game's becoming boring so they use crappy FOTM system instead of trying to achieve true balance. C-rpg makers do the same thing.

Since this mod is FOTM based and since new patch always brings back something from the past (fotm throwers, fotm archers) I would like to see NO UPKEEP patch, actually I want one patch which would revert things exactly like they were 9 months ago. Make it last 2 months and choose the time when you're gonna "patch" it. I don't mind if patch after that revert things back to how they are now.

Devs, I don't blame for your incompetence (for not being able to balance the mod), I blame you for not being consistent, honest and serious. Trolling is cool, trying to be funny can be cute sometimes but I like serious "Iron Fist" devs way more than bunch of oldmy old friend trolls who know a little coding and are willing to spend their free time on making mods for cool games.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2011, 01:05:09 pm »
Heh upkeep is ruined and only favour people that have a fully set of loomed items rdy for use and sell their remaining heirloom points at the market. the rest of us is fucked and forced to grind gold in rags to wear our medium setups.

This current upkeep rate is rather retarded and don't even help balancing the game people that sell their heirloom points can still afford to wear what ever they like thx to the market while the rest of us struggles.

Anyways i aint playing until chadz make the upkeep the same as pre patch i don't wanna log in to grind 5 maps in a row in peasant rags to wear my Byrnja and nordic warlord helmet and my main weapon its just too fuckin dull and not my style.
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.