Author Topic: New upkeep system intended that way?  (Read 3895 times)

Offline Vance

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: New upkeep system intended that way?
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2011, 08:33:11 pm »
How about instead of upkeep you get rewarded dependant on your equipment.

So you earn nothing at all and get no XP if you're spending over a certain amount.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 08:35:17 pm by Vance »

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2011, 10:15:19 pm »
Well we know that arrows have a higher chance of breaking, so an archer can't carry as much as other classes. Try using less than bodkins.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2011, 10:25:45 pm »
Crossbows are the perfect example. MW arbalests still 1-shot people. So, the devs just increase the chance of upkeep for people who have 1 wpf. That doesn't actually fix the problem though. Especially since the people who have MW xbows generally have a shit-ton of money as it is.

We do? Being a crossobwman is expesive, always has been.

Also, one-hots ain't unfair. I often go down in one melee hit and those hits can be spammed. Arbalest shot is ranged, but you need to stand still, reloading over a fair amount of time. Seems fair to me.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 10:27:07 pm by Gurnisson »
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2011, 10:35:03 pm »
The guy on the receiving end of a crossbow shot cant fight back if he is a melee player, otherwise the other guy 1 shot you as well.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2011, 03:43:51 am »
We do? Being a crossobwman is expesive, always has been.

Also, one-hots ain't unfair. I often go down in one melee hit and those hits can be spammed. Arbalest shot is ranged, but you need to stand still, reloading over a fair amount of time. Seems fair to me.

I like how you ignored the whole post and then nit-picked one little point.

So, it's fair to one-shot someone (in the body not the head) from across the map, since someone can potentially one-shot you with a melee hit. However, that melee guy has to get past all your teammates before he gets to you. I still don't see how that's equal. Especially since player skill can stop that melee hit from even happening.

Regardless, making things expensive is a lazy way to balance. Especially since by selling one heirloom point your money problems are over. Not to mention that it is still very unfair to new people.

Offline Vlad007

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • My jousting Armour
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2011, 11:21:56 am »
I think there should be a minor upkeep, but when an item breaks and  it needs to be repaired you should not be able to use it for x amount of rounds. X rounds could be based on the expense of the item, the more expensive the more rounds it takes to be repaired.

You could also limit the amount of  items you are allowed to use by capping how many say  1handed weapons you have. You could also give weapons etc a tier rating again limiting the amount of tier weapons in your inventory.
Death or Glory

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2011, 11:23:28 am »
I think there should be a minor upkeep, but when an item breaks and  it needs to be repaired you should not be able to use it for x amount of rounds. X rounds could be based on the expense of the item, the more expensive the more rounds it takes to be repaired.

You could also limit the amount of  items you are allowed to use by capping how many say  1handed weapons you have. You could also give weapons etc a tier rating again limiting the amount of tier weapons in your inventory.

lol what

Offline Vlad007

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • My jousting Armour
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2011, 11:36:35 am »
what on earth does what mean?

You could at least comment on it instead of being Derogatory.
Death or Glory

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2011, 11:42:11 am »
It was a horrible suggestion. If you don't spend a few seconds thinking over what you suggested, then I won't spend more than a few seconds commenting it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 11:45:23 am by Vibe »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2011, 11:57:02 am »
what on earth does what mean?

You could at least comment on it instead of being Derogatory.

He is likely laughing on how this would devastate new players by forcing them to have a large armoury or buy multiple of the same item.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Kryser

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic
  • Game nicks: TwoTon_Feuer
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2011, 01:40:54 pm »
I see crotter play with his clan mates on a regular basis on siege. They have a small force, usually 2-4 guys and they seem to work together, at least crotter and drdemento.

In all honesty the upkeep system is pretty shitty for new players, but crotter is on regularly and should be making doh, if he's not then something is wrong.

I always tell my guys, "you gotta spend money to make money."

That means bring 2 weapons, different battles happen on siege every time u spawn. Maybe running around with just your sword and buckler isnt getting the job done.

Every time I engage You in melee, you never bother bringing an axe to counter me, or my other 2 clan mates that are shielders. You know DL owns the night on siege, maybe hop in teamspeak with us and banner stack!

Bring a axe, bring a long spear, bring a crossbow, or bring a warspear. Use something other than the 1her and shield, because siege is a big team game. If you dont help the newb next to you get a kill, you prolly will end up having to fight 3v1 alot. If you dont change tactics and you insist on running around trying to duel people on siege, 1v1, your going to burn through cash, and end up rage quiting.

My 2 cents, i love u and demento, but when u guys fight back to back, one of you should have a support weapon.

When one of my guys engages someone in melee, i drop back, switch to a spear, and poke people in the ass so my 1hers and 2hers can chop their asses in half.

Only half my kills are with my main, the other half are my red tassel, my great maul, my long spear, my horse bumps, my crossbow, my axe, or even my warcleaver!

SPEND MONEY TO MAKE MONEY MY FRIEND, and your whole c-rpg experience will change for the better.

I promise

I also pm'd this to you.
Again, it was good fun playing with you guys. Kryser is one of the funniest motherfuckers I ever met btw. Cheesy Biscuits.

Offline Vlad007

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • My jousting Armour
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2011, 01:52:44 pm »
Well you actually don't see how it works.

What it would do is  limit the time you could use expensive gear solving the issues with high level players with way to much gold. but not nerfing low level players to much like it does now
Death or Glory

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2011, 01:53:59 pm »
Well you actually don't see how it works.

What it would do is  limit the time you could use expensive gear solving the issues with high level players with way to much gold. but not nerfing low level players to much like it does now

Also preventing to use hard earned looms. Smart, very smart.

Offline Vlad007

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • My jousting Armour
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2011, 11:36:14 am »
Not preventing just restricting.

Loomed items are far harder to come buy now than what they once were.
Death or Glory

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2011, 04:04:12 pm »
So, it's fair to one-shot someone (in the body not the head) from across the map

Play the class before talking bullshit.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.