Author Topic: New upkeep system intended that way?  (Read 3788 times)

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
Re: New upkeep system intended that way?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2011, 10:15:21 pm »
+1
No idea what you guys are talking about. I play with 50k worth of gear and have made close to 60k since the patch.

Dont use weps that cost alot and your fine. Mine only repairs for like 380 gold. MW Longspear
You are not paying upkeep for 50k. When a weapon is loomed it`s base price gets higher, but the upkeeps stays the same.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2011, 10:15:53 pm »
You are not paying upkeep for 50k. When a weapon is loomed it`s base price gets higher, but the upkeeps stays the same.

A lot of people need to remember this!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 10:16:42 pm »
No idea what you guys are talking about. I play with 50k worth of gear and have made close to 60k since the patch.

Dont use weps that cost alot and your fine. Mine only repairs for like 380 gold. MW Longspear

I've seen your armor and weapon and thats not 50K, more like 25K.  The number on the website includes the value of heirlooms, which isn't counted in calculating upkeep.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Dasty

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Among the Shadows
  • Game nicks: Dasty, Dasty_ATS
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2011, 10:20:12 pm »
Oops, forgot about that  :D

Let me add it up...

Just over 30k not including the looms. So I am still way above what you people are saying you lose money at. I really think weps have higher repair rates than armor. I would consider using something that doesn't repair for very much.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2011, 10:21:29 pm »
Oops, forgot about that  :D

Let me add it up...

Just over 30k not including the looms. So I am still way above what you people are saying you lose money at. I really think weps have higher repair rates than armor. I would consider using something that doesn't repair for very much.

That actually might be it if they don't have a 0% increased break chance once you hit 100 wpf, then you would still have a higher eprcentage of breaking because they forgot to end the loop of the mathematical equation at some point reasonable.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Rangerbob

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rangerbob
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2011, 10:23:01 pm »
All I know is my weapon breaks alot more than any other piece of equipment.  That being said the new upkeep hurts.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2011, 10:30:58 pm »
All I know is my weapon breaks alot more than any other piece of equipment.  That being said the new upkeep hurts.

They now linked wpf to how often your weapon breaks.
How much wpf do you have?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline IceManX

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2011, 11:28:51 pm »
They now linked wpf to how often your weapon breaks.
How much wpf do you have?

The Devs should also link Str (for Armor), ShieldSkill, Riding Skill, Bow Skill, Throwing Skill.... to the chance of breaking.
The more u have, the less it breaks!
Would also lead to ppl who use xbows with more WPF perhaps... more than mostly 1 have at the moment.

UPKEEP SUXX
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:30:08 pm by IceManX »

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2011, 12:09:25 am »
If I had to guess you probably use around 30k - 40k  worth of gear Vieux, which is kinda silly if you are going to be using a huscarl shield you dont need that much armor.  If you are having money problems use less expensive weapons or better yet, scavenge from the battle field.

You also dont win very often, which doesnt help your case.

No i dont anymore this was before, i lose too much and i'm broke im running around in peasant gear now.
Default equipment
Armor: 10h 38b 22l Cost: 12,798 gold Slots: 2/4

Look that my gear if im stuck in the losing team at x1 i cannot make any money, if im able to stay even im lucky.

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2011, 09:42:40 am »
Seriously it really suck now, the developers need to check the coding something is wrong everything break every round.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2011, 09:52:34 am »
It is all luck people, i keep playing with gear worht like 30k or so and in the long run i make money.
Started yesterday in the morning at 113k, ended at night with 145k or so, bought some weapons in the process, wearing usually Danish and/or Maul, klappvisier, gilded gloves, plated boots and either heraldic trans/heraldic mail or brigandine.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2011, 05:20:13 pm »
It is all luck people, i keep playing with gear worht like 30k or so and in the long run i make money.
Started yesterday in the morning at 113k, ended at night with 145k or so, bought some weapons in the process, wearing usually Danish and/or Maul, klappvisier, gilded gloves, plated boots and either heraldic trans/heraldic mail or brigandine.

I am agreeing with the above.

I think the new pkeep system is just forcing players to have a much larger reserve as the "swing" is now larger, so you can dip higher and lower in your range.

However, this does still make it substantially harder for new players as now they need a larger reserve then even before. While before I could recommend a reserve of 10,000 to 30,000 depending on what you use to account for tilting, now I would raise that figure to a range of 30,000 to 50,000.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2011, 06:26:27 pm »
+1
Overall I agree with upkeep, but it seems that the devs have now turned it into a lazy way of "balancing".

Crossbows are the perfect example. MW arbalests still 1-shot people. So, the devs just increase the chance of upkeep for people who have 1 wpf. That doesn't actually fix the problem though. Especially since the people who have MW xbows generally have a shit-ton of money as it is.

You can see this in pretty much every category of items. All it does currently is hurt weapon diversity and makes it harder for new players. How would you feel if you were a new player and saw some cool new item that you would really like to have. So you save up a ton of money, buy it and then find out you need to save up 50k in your bank account just to be able to use it on a regular basis.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gortha

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2011, 08:06:57 pm »
I play two Chars. A shielder with decent gear and a Sword-Cav with medium gear and destrier.

I can only earn money with the shielder, when i got x4 or x5 for some rounds.

With the Cav-Guy i need at least x2 to x3, to earn money.

The new Upkeep-Value is too high.

Since the patch came out untill now, both chars lost money.
And i bought nothing.

Offline Gortha

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2011, 08:13:33 pm »
I found this post from Poophammer in another thread.

This guy is alright, I couldnt have said it better.

Upkeep was implemented and was a good try. But the only thing that changed it was New- and Medium- Players are getting punished. Hardcore Players arnt effected by the upkeep.
If you raise the upkeep (like last patch from 5%-7%) some Hardcore Players lose some money, but New- and Medium Players cant achieve their gear anymore. Like the guy who started the thread and many others who are running around in peasant gear and getting slaughtered by the hardcore one.
Bugatti Veyron vs. Smart.

Look at the guys running around in plate, most of them are the old players with hundred thousands of gold.
The Problem is not that they are running around in plate and using the gear what they want - the problem is the other players cant use their gear what they want because of the upkeep. That means that players who are that damn good, cant be stopped because they have uber gear and other cant ur theirs.

I think upkeep should be removed completely out of the game. That would make it be fair for everone and everybody could use the gear what they want.

this.