Poll

Who should run NA Strat server

The Original NA Team (Me and the 30 others i have who help)
205 (57.7%)
LLJK_Zealot and shik
150 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 355

Author Topic: NA Strategus Server Poll  (Read 34225 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: NA Strategus Server Poll
« Reply #180 on: July 14, 2011, 10:38:43 pm »
ToD doesn't like logic. Give him analogies. Cars ftw.

Yay cars! *claps*
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
« Reply #181 on: July 14, 2011, 10:39:11 pm »
Me, me, go for me !
Ecko just gave me thy blessing ! I'll have Hardnesskiller to second me in this hard task, and i'll find 29 other buddies too, to be sure to be there at all time. Oh god, we're going to have fun work.
Thanks for your blessing Ecko again. Thread can be close now, thanks.

What ? I'm EU ? And ? I'm "anyone".

ToD doesn't like logic. Give him analogies. Cars ftw.

Ohh I can abooze to ban all the enemy team, because we're allies? oh yay we will win strat...

I give a MW Ferraria enzo for ToD!
f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline serpus

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 14, 2011, 10:39:49 pm »
Add one more idiot to the list for not noticing that there are alternative servers like Blackrose or Texas or Tunatown etc...

those r always emtpy or have less then 20 players.  Not very fun at all.

Offline robert_namo

• Count
  • Renown: 170
  • Infamy: 55
  • I don't understand.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis "of the Stars"
  • Game nicks: Robert_Namo_Astralis
« Reply #183 on: July 14, 2011, 10:44:29 pm »
Ecko is not a bad leader. It is the admins that have short tempers that ruin it for you Ecko. I only have beef against one of your admins, but there are more like him that I think should not have admin powers. Other than that, the servers have been doing fairly well as is and there seems to be a stalemate with everyone involved in this drama, I think you guys should find a middle ground.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 14, 2011, 10:44:32 pm »
+1
Can we stop this, now?

You're all being retarded on various levels of it. It's a Strat server, something the Goons have been lazing about waiting for to come back so they can play again. They're not going to sabotage it. Further more, it's going to be better then Ecko's currently intended Strat server on the virtue of hardware and less actual individual servers on one box. (See; As I am aware, Ecko's server hosts all of them on the same box, this Strat will only have it on one.)

There are whispers and observations of ATS (And such) abusing their "power" in regards to the server as admins, some in regards to old Strat. Did these necessarily happen? Maybe. Does it really matter? No, the server is run by ATS - That's a bias. This movement means that the server will be managed by the very makers of the mod and selected people among the community as a whole. Not just, mostly, a clan. How is that worse?

Spoiler;
(click to show/hide)

You all are speaking of Zealot being able to fuck with the server... Well, let's assume he will, for this argument's sake; chadz no doubt removes the official support of the server. Who else has Strat server stuff? Ecko. So Zealot wasted a fair amount of money and now Ecko is hosting the strat server, anyway. Wouldn't that be a good thing, then? The person you loathe for some reason or another gets damaged and in the end "you" still "win"?

the problem isn't that its run by a clan. If any other clan ran it, I would be fine with that. Chaos, Blackrose, NA based GK, etc. etc. they're all good folks. The problem is with Zealot. He is quite literally the last person I would ever pick to own a strategus server. You claim that ATS is accused of abusing power nearly a year ago, well just a few weeks ago zealot did one of the biggest abuses of the admin control panel in the history of c-rpg, arguably in warband. The issue that this same goon is the one who will own the server and have access to the admin passwords and everything. That is what the uproar is about.

If you cannot see the reason for concern behind that, then you must have been dropped as a child.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Snatch

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Just dance
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Lady Gaga
« Reply #185 on: July 14, 2011, 10:53:21 pm »
the problem isn't that its run by a clan. If any other clan ran it, I would be fine with that. Chaos, Blackrose, NA based GK, etc. etc. they're all good folks. The problem is with Zealot. He is quite literally the last person I would ever pick to own a strategus server. You claim that ATS is accused of abusing power nearly a year ago, well just a few weeks ago zealot did one of the biggest abuses of the admin control panel in the history of c-rpg, arguably in warband. The issue that this same goon is the one who will own the server and have access to the admin passwords and everything. That is what the uproar is about.

If you cannot see the reason for concern behind that, then you must have been dropped as a child.

Anyone who thinks like this, is delusional manchild that takes their internet horse simulator really too seriously.

Zealot banned couple people on a low population server, in the middle of the night, knowing full well that those players would be unban in a couple hours. He also changed the name of the server to Ecko Is A Gay. Zealot was drunk and was never an official admin on any servers, not even on lljk. It was Ecko's fault by choosing 30+ admins, and retarded ones that would hand out passwords to anyone.

These new Official Servers will be run by Shik, not zealot or any lljk. Zealot is just funding the servers himself, and probably take donations. Why are so many people on this forum incapable of critical thinking?

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #186 on: July 14, 2011, 10:56:00 pm »
+2
Ok guys.

I got it.

The server is a bus. 

One day, Zealot got drunk, hijacked the bus, crashed the bus, and pooped on the seats.
Then Zealot got kicked off the bus.  He can't ride the bus.

Now Zealot is buying his own bus and letting everyone ride it for free.
He even hired some drivers and promised never to drive the bus again.

But you have to ask yourself: 
Do I ride this bus?
Why would I want this guy around my bus?
If he's paying for the bus, do I trust that he won't try driving the bus at some point in the future?
What's this dude's thing about buses anyway?

And perhaps most importantly:
If he took a dump on the last bus, how come this one faintly smells like shit?

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 11:04:09 pm by MrShine »
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 14, 2011, 10:58:31 pm »
this is a Good Thing (tm) and if you disagree, welp, you dumb, son

if you think a drunk zealot fucking around on the server and banning a couple dudes for a couple hour is worse than ecko using his position as server admin/massbans to gain metagame leverage (multiple times), you are so dumb i'm astonished you're even able to read this.

one is a dude having too much to drink and doing something dumb
the other is repeated admin abuse and proof that ecko should be far away from anything official/strat

and to boot ecko's servers already run somewhat poorly and don't really need the extra load from big strat battles anyway
FREE ALLERS

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 14, 2011, 10:59:19 pm »
Why did my mother drink when she was pregnant with me?

summed up your post quite well.

Owning the server= bending over for zealot with your pants around your ankles hoping he doesn't feel lonely. If you don't understand that, then just stop typing and do the world a favor and throw your computer out the second story window.

Offline Snatch

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • Just dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 14, 2011, 10:59:46 pm »
+1
Ok guys.

I got it.

The server is a bus. 

One day, Zealot got drunk, hijacked the bus, crashed the bus, and took a dump on the seats.

Now Zealot is buying his own bus and letting everyone ride it for free.
He even hired some drivers and promised never to drive the bus again.

But you have to ask yourself: 
Do I ride this bus?
Why would I want this guy around my bus?
If he's paying for the bus, do I trust that he won't try driving the bus at some point in the future?
Even though this is a new bus, will it smell like shit?
What's this dude's thing about buses anyway?

(click to show/hide)

Thats almost it. Except the first part. The first bus was owned by Ecko Inc, and one of his drivers gave the keys to Zealot.

Offline Snatch

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • Just dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 14, 2011, 11:01:03 pm »
summed up your post quite well.

Owning the server= bending over for zealot with your pants around your ankles hoping he doesn't feel lonely. If you don't understand that, then just stop typing and do the world a favor and throw your computer out the second story window.

Apparently letting Shik run the server is  equivalent of being raped by zealot. You won me over, changing my vote now.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 14, 2011, 11:03:37 pm »
Are you as retarded in real life as you play out to be here? <--- I'm seriously asking this by the way, its not rhetorical.

Zealot owning the server= bad idea. If someone comes in and shits all over the place, you don't reward him by giving him one of the most crucial parts of strategus. It does not matter if shik runs the server, if Zealot owns it, there will be trouble. Let someone else run it who does not have a long history of griefing.

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #192 on: July 14, 2011, 11:04:18 pm »
One day, Zealot got drunk, hijacked the bus, crashed the bus, and took a dump on the seats.

He didnt hijack the bus, he got the keys from one of the drivers (who are thereby responsible for his actions, legally)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #193 on: July 14, 2011, 11:04:56 pm »
Apparently letting Shik run the server is  equivalent of being raped by zealot. You won me over, changing my vote now.

It's not rape if it is consensual, and it would be consensual if you bent over deliberately. :shock:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline hotcobbler

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus or a gun? How about both son?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Featherbottom
« Reply #194 on: July 14, 2011, 11:06:00 pm »
+1
The simplest way to end the controversy would be what I suggested earlier: Have a paypal account that goes to chadz, and HE pays for the server directly. Why limit financial input to one person, regardless of who they are? I would put up cash to help fund the new server if given a chance, and I'm sure others would too.

I will literally put my money where my mouth is on this one. Set up a fund for chadz, let him purchase and fully control the server. That way nobody controls it directly through finances/physical ownership, and everyone wins.

Nobody has yet refuted why this solution is not rational and neutral. I would just like us all to get along so we can all kill each other in a game.
Damn right I drink beer sideways.