Poll

Who should run NA Strat server

The Original NA Team (Me and the 30 others i have who help)
205 (57.7%)
LLJK_Zealot and shik
150 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 355

Author Topic: NA Strategus Server Poll  (Read 34254 times)

Offline Secret Agent Cow

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Gorath's Battle Buddy and noble squire.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Secret_Agent_Cow
Re: NA Strategus Server Poll
« Reply #165 on: July 14, 2011, 10:11:31 pm »
+1
God damn it goatee

Offline Mannhammer

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Only War is Eternal
    • View Profile
    • Forty Thousand Years In The Future
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #166 on: July 14, 2011, 10:11:41 pm »
Remember NA is a Large area. Living on the West coast of the US my ping runs between 70-90 on the ATS server.

If an official cRPG/Strat server is going up for NA.

Could we please set up the official server in central geography? (for example Texas, North Dakota?) It's good middle ground for the whole NA cRPG community.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Slanted
« Reply #167 on: July 14, 2011, 10:12:39 pm »
Could we please set up the official server in central geography? (for example Texas, North Dakota?) It's good middle ground for the whole NA cRPG community.
It's currently slated to be located in Chicago.

Offline serpus

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 14, 2011, 10:12:58 pm »
ats admin is why i stop playing this game.

Offline Killerz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 14, 2011, 10:13:09 pm »
+3
Official North American Servers
Read below for more information..

So chadz asked me to post here to announce something to you guys, since you brought this thread up yourself.

For the last couple weeks I've been in talks with chadz to organize a set of servers for both, Battle, Siege, and Strategus that are officially endorsed by chadz, and his entire staff of official admins. This was only being discussed due to the fact there were no "official" servers for North America, unlike the European servers, which are official.

So long story short: I'm going to be throwing up a well-specced box (I'm a little too lazy to use multiple ones, deal with it) and paying for it, off this box the official North American servers will be hosted on it. The new official North American servers will be a..

Battle Server, Siege Server, and the official Strategus Server, slots for each of these servers is still being decided.

The servers and their entirety will be run and moderated by chadz and his team of moderators, these servers are completely neutral, and I have no control over them whatsoever. Remember: they are run by chadz, not me.

Consider this my gift to the community.

The servers are estimated to go up sometime next week, we'll see if the payment goes through without complications, but I'm estimating it for sometime next week. Just stick to the fact, this is a reality, and it is coming when it comes, I'll try to be as speedy as possible.

Remember, these are official servers run by chadz and his moderation teams, not run by me.

Did everyone completely miss this line? If his name is on the order form for the server HE will have control of it. Going on only the information we have, this is what it looks like.

Really this whole shit storm could of been avoided. There is VERY poor communication going on...  Not only was this deal placed without knowledge from the NA community. chadz had someone who a lot of the NA community is wary of announce it.

What should of happened is chadz making a official post about wanting official NA Servers. I guarantee if you would of trusted the community instead of going behind our backs this shit storm would of never happened.

Offline LLJK_Goatee

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • "swing Merrill! swing away"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ADTRW Shogunate
  • IRC nick: Socratic
« Reply #170 on: July 14, 2011, 10:13:25 pm »

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 14, 2011, 10:14:29 pm »
A) Only chadz can change battle times, which he does rarely for any reason.  Usually he effectively says "lulz deal with it."
B) People have brains: if they want to keep playing, they should rejoin on their own.  It is the individual's fault if he doesn't come back, ATS has no blame in that.  I always rejoin battles that crash as a merc.  And I recall a lot more than 30 rejoining, more like 40-50.
C) We had no idea what would happen when the server crashed.  personally I thought the battle would get bugged and ATS would lose everything (soldiers/equip).  Fortunately that didn't happen and it went back to the start of the battle.
D) We did get a better strategy the second time around, simply because we had more experience attacking the castle.  Throughout the battle we were getting more experience and getting better.  The defenders should have done the same.  Not our fault if they didn't take advantage of the opportunity.

So they should have rejoined a battle they didn't know they were able to? ...What? You realize that... you know what, no you clearly don't realize. I think a lot of people in this thread are having trouble realizing. The official servers are coming. They will be better. They will be unbiased, They will be totally controlled by chadz, and it doesn't matter if Ecko uses his admin powers to spam in all the servers asking people to come here and vote on his biased misinformed poll. Strategus WILL be awesome and run amazingly no matter how hard you fight it.

Perhaps you just need to get in the car and ride, since the door is open and the driver has his license.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Lockt

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 14, 2011, 10:17:09 pm »
Perhaps you just need to get in the car and ride, since the door is open and the driver has his license.

But who is controlling the radio and climate control?!

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Slanted
« Reply #173 on: July 14, 2011, 10:18:07 pm »
But who is controlling the radio and climate control?!
I think the radio is the developmental difference between nature and nurture.

Air conditioner is just an air conditioner.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #174 on: July 14, 2011, 10:19:25 pm »
+2
ats admin is why i stop playing this game.

Add one more idiot to the list for not noticing that there are alternative servers like Blackrose or Texas or Tunatown etc...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Gamerofthegame

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Desu, LLJK_McSteve, LLJK_Gamer
« Reply #175 on: July 14, 2011, 10:19:42 pm »
Can we stop this, now?

You're all being retarded on various levels of it. It's a Strat server, something the Goons have been lazing about waiting for to come back so they can play again. They're not going to sabotage it. Further more, it's going to be better then Ecko's currently intended Strat server on the virtue of hardware and less actual individual servers on one box. (See; As I am aware, Ecko's server hosts all of them on the same box, this Strat will only have it on one.)

There are whispers and observations of ATS (And such) abusing their "power" in regards to the server as admins, some in regards to old Strat. Did these necessarily happen? Maybe. Does it really matter? No, the server is run by ATS - That's a bias. This movement means that the server will be managed by the very makers of the mod and selected people among the community as a whole. Not just, mostly, a clan. How is that worse?

Spoiler;
(click to show/hide)

You all are speaking of Zealot being able to fuck with the server... Well, let's assume he will, for this argument's sake; chadz no doubt removes the official support of the server. Who else has Strat server stuff? Ecko. So Zealot wasted a fair amount of money and now Ecko is hosting the strat server, anyway. Wouldn't that be a good thing, then? The person you loathe for some reason or another gets damaged and in the end "you" still "win"?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #176 on: July 14, 2011, 10:21:41 pm »
Can we stop this, now?

You're all being retarded on various levels of it. It's a Strat server, something the Goons have been lazing about waiting for to come back so they can play again. They're not going to sabotage it. Further more, it's going to be better then Ecko's currently intended Strat server on the virtue of hardware and less actual individual servers on one box. (See; As I am aware, Ecko's server hosts all of them on the same box, this Strat will only have it on one.)

There are whispers and observations of ATS (And such) abusing their "power" in regards to the server as admins, some in regards to old Strat. Did these necessarily happen? Maybe. Does it really matter? No, the server is run by ATS - That's a bias. This movement means that the server will be managed by the very makers of the mod and selected people among the community as a whole. Not just, mostly, a clan. How is that worse?

Spoiler;
(click to show/hide)

You all are speaking of Zealot being able to fuck with the server... Well, let's assume he will, for this argument's sake; chadz no doubt removes the official support of the server. Who else has Strat server stuff? Ecko. So Zealot wasted a fair amount of money and now Ecko is hosting the strat server, anyway. Wouldn't that be a good thing, then? The person you loathe for some reason or another gets damaged and in the end "you" still "win"?

Just as I told Varric, you can take your Logic good sir and GTFO.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #177 on: July 14, 2011, 10:34:59 pm »
+4
There should be threads like this everyday.

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
« Reply #178 on: July 14, 2011, 10:35:54 pm »
+2
There should be threads like this everyday.

Aye, loving ze drama ja!
f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #179 on: July 14, 2011, 10:36:55 pm »
i'll never take the tags off, but i will suggest that if you don't trust me you go for anyone but zealot

Me, me, go for me !
Ecko just gave me thy blessing ! I'll have Hardnesskiller to second me in this hard task, and i'll find 29 other buddies too, to be sure to be there at all time. Oh god, we're going to have fun work.
Thanks for your blessing Ecko again. Thread can be close now, thanks.

What ? I'm EU ? And ? I'm "anyone".

ToD doesn't like logic. Give him analogies. Cars ftw.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;