Author Topic: Meet the Archer and Crossbowwoman!  (Read 34524 times)

Offline Elerion

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Pink Team
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Elerion
  • IRC nick: Elerion
Re: Meet the Archer and Crossbowwoman!
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2011, 10:47:18 am »
On EU servers 70% of people shoot something
Show me a screenshot of a full EU1 with 70% ranged, and I'll give you 100.000 gold.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2011, 11:02:22 am »
Show me a screenshot of a full EU1 with 70% ranged, and I'll give you 100.000 gold.

Gladly, but why does it has to be full ? Its hard to capture 120 people in one screen and even if I could somehow do it 30% of people would be shot down by that time and you wouldn't believe me......

On the other hand: i have a collection of screenshots to show to you and the rest of this community, as soon as i upload them all up. Maybe it doesn't show ALL of the ranged but it shows quite a lot and it should be stickied to the Beginner's Guide of this mod.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Elerion

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Pink Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2011, 11:16:49 am »
The server has to be full because 7 ranged on a 10 person server doesn't say anything.

No need to get all 120 in one screen. Just screenshot the names list and count 84 ranged players for me.

Offline Shablagoo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2011, 11:30:15 am »
He's just gonna post the start of a battle game where all the ranged go to the one ranged vantage point while the melee spread out.  It's always the same type of exaggeration and nonsense. 

Offline Gnjus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2011, 11:31:07 am »
No need to get all 120 in one screen. Just screenshot the names list and count 84 ranged players for me.

Impossible, even I don't know all ranged scumbags by their names. Spectating and counting bows & crossbows is one thing but catching a 120 men scoreboard and knowing who's ranged and who's not ? :rolleyes:

He's just gonna post the start of a battle game where all the ranged go to the one ranged vantage point while the melee spread out.  It's always the same type of exaggeration and nonsense.

Yeh, yeh, hundreds of people who don't want to play Medieval Call of Duty are probably just exaggerating, we're all dumb and unfair to honest ranged players who make like 5% of this mod and even those 5% are way too many for us melee noobs. We should probably stfu and learn to play.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:36:12 am by Gnjus »
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Elerion

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Pink Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2011, 11:56:01 am »
I don't think anyone is saying only 5% of players are ranged. How about you try using actual arguments instead of fantasy extremes?

Offline Gnjus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2011, 11:56:34 am »
I don't think anyone is saying only 5% of players are archers. How about you try using actual arguments instead of fantasy extremes?

/ facepalm

Offline Elerion

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Pink Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2011, 11:57:04 am »
Wow, you got me there.

Offline Gnjus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2011, 11:57:44 am »
Wow, you got me there.

No, you got yourself.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2011, 12:05:12 pm »
Easy guys, easy.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2011, 12:29:14 pm »
Im actually disgusted by this thread. Archers dont need a buff. Wpf is not essential to success in melee and archers dont have to be dedicated check this.

level 26
ength   18   
Agility   13   
Weapon proficiency
Available points: 0
One Handed   1   
Two Handed   1   
Polearm   4   
Archery   133   
Crossbow   1   
Throwing   1   
Skills
Available points: 1
Iron Flesh   6   
Power Strike   6   
Shield   0   
Athletics   4   
Riding   0   
Horse Archery   0   
Power Draw   6   
Power Throw   0   
Weapon Master   4   

At level 26 i have had unprecedented success with this char I play in AUS which has a skilled and wide range of players (every class is accounted for). All types of maps are used.

With 1wpf in 2H i get most of my kills with a heavy bastard sword i use the new Yumi and Tatar arrows. Although i am a competent swordsman having never played an archer before.

What is wrong with a balanced skill set. Its not all about shooting to kill. In a game in which armour is a staple i think its time people grew up and learnt to be versatile and that they cant shoot down every infantry man coming at them.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2011, 12:31:49 pm »
+1
I play in AUS which has a skilled and wide range of players

With 1wpf in 2H i get most of my kills with a heavy bastard sword

So much for "skilled range of players"

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2011, 01:30:54 pm »
In an earlier versions of cRPG I used to play as an assaultarcher.
I ran around like a Legolas-Rambo with a Strongbow/Warbow ,powerdraw 10 and 1-2 shotting ppl with great speed and precision.
In heavy armor with a backup 2hand axe.
Opponents shields and armor made little difference. 
High level archers were truly overpowered.

The true power of the bow came from its ability to give fast and precise damage.
You could shoot into meleefights from close range, without hitting friendly melee if you used common sense.
Stop cav by doing a cold stand and headshot the rider or the horse.
Shoot the shielder in the feet or hit a small window above the shield that resulted in a headshot.
The heavy damage was a bonus, but it was the speed and precision that was the key.

So adjustments were implemented gradually so  that it would remain Mount and Blade, and not Warbow and Arrow.

The adjustmentteam in crpg seems to be trying to balance  theoretical damageoutput between bows and xbows.
It seems like they are forgetting that the most important thing for the bow to work is that is has to be fast and accurate.
The xbowmen reload behind cover, and release their bolt with good accuracy, and can aim until they get a clear shot.
The archers have to draw(reload) in the open , and release their arrow at a fixed time window when the reticule is small(ish).
If the target is blocked by passing friendly melee or cav in that 0,5sec time, you have to abort the shot ,and draw again.
I usually abort half shots. Mostly because people get so angry if they get teamwounded or teamkilled.
Since accuracy and missilespeed is lower now, its very hard to engage any target in the proximity of friendly units.
And most have learned how to zigzag and do the crazydancespinn ,even the cav on horses.

The inability to stay on the ground and run together with melee , has forced archers to try and find highground, esp roofs.
Where it is easier to get clear shots,and less worry about beeing cut down by melee or cav.
The changes made one after another has reduced archery to an slowfiring roofcamping inaccurate  closerange "sniper".

The low armour+no melee wpf+2 slotsystem+slower drawspeed+slower missilespeed+armoursoak+lower damage has effectivly neutered this once so overpowered class.

I deleted my archer today, and rolled out an xbowman.
Soon you will not see any but the most dedicated or fools trying to use the bow.
Ranged players want to play ranged, when more archers convert to xbows , meleeplayers will be cursing even worse than before.
Because xbows are a real cowards weapon, cover shoot, reload , run close to a fight, shoot, run back to cover,reload.. goes on and on..
And they will be faster than most and pack a mean punch, since most of the skillpoints will go towards agi for weaponmaster and athletics.
No need for lots of str for powerdraw anymore.

Sorry for incoherent wall of text, I can rant on forever :D

Torost

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2011, 01:46:57 pm »
I blame television, people probably imagine themselves (and want to be) like some lone romantic marksman like Legolas or Robin hood able to take down scores of people on their own with deadly accuracy from a mile away.

Then when they find out that they need to work in groups, kill horses, support their team they shout: OMG BUFF ARCHERY WHY AM I NOT LEGOLAND!!!1111one

:mrgreen:
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2011, 02:08:34 pm »
dont you know how to feint or use footwork. no one expects an archer to chamber and feint and block. If you cant get a kill without having 100+ wpf your shit. Fuck off and continue to request nerfs for everybody that doesnt die from one hit from your weapon or drop dead at your feet.

I bet any good player could kick your retarded fat ass with low wpf.

Have you ever used footwork before?
I understand that america having The least skilled community in the world would be amazed if someone blocked an attack and if someone being slower with a shorter less spammable weapon won. You are a DICKHEAD
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.