Author Topic: A New or Alternative North American Strategus Server?  (Read 12068 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: A New or Alternative North American Strategus Server?
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2011, 03:39:37 am »
+3
Tears of Destiny for Shik's admin pick?

I would be willing.
I never ab00zed before, nor did I have any complaints.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Rannepear

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • 我叫阿杰
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rannepear
« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2011, 04:51:13 am »
Rannepear for Adminificationism.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2011, 07:44:33 am »
+2
I would be willing.
I never ab00zed before, nor did I have any complaints.

I think only So Nyuh Shi Dae members should be admins on that server as they are the most neutral faction out there.  How can you not trust singing asian girls?
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2011, 07:45:18 am »
+3
I think only So Nyuh Shi Dae members should be admins on that server as they are the most neutral faction out there.  How can you not trust singing asian girls?

Awww! Saranghae Kesh unnie!

SNSD Hwaiting! <3

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2011, 08:05:02 am »

That is a map of America. There are players from all over America! there are also players from Canada, most of which who live near the US border! To be nice and fair to everyone, why not have a server in or around the middle of America instead of far east or far south? is all of central America full of fail internet? are there no decent hosts there?

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2011, 09:05:07 am »
+1

chadz directly saying it will be his hand picked staff, not Classical running things. How much clearer do you want it to be? If Classical did anything even remotely sketchy, the plug would be pulled instantly and fixed by chadz and his crew. Can you really not see this, or are you too busy blindly listening to Ecko?

If he is the one directly paying for the server, not just giving chadz the money, but paying the server company directly then he has full access and control.  Doesn't matter what chadz and crew do, or put as admins, the guy that actually pays the fucking company directly has full access and control of the server at all times.

Why is THIS PART so hard for you and Tears to understand.  Nowhere in the post did he say that "Hey guys, I'm just going to be sending chadz money.  IE:  Donating."  Which wouldn't even require a post btw.  He said "Hey guys, I'm buying a server but I'm going to give chadz and crew access and admin and say that they're the ones 'running' it."  There's a huge difference.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2011, 09:09:34 am »
If he is the one directly paying for the server, not just giving chadz the money, but paying the server company directly then he has full access and control.  Doesn't matter what chadz and crew do, or put as admins, the guy that actually pays the fucking company directly has full access and control of the server at all times.

Why is THIS PART so hard for you and Tears to understand.  Nowhere in the post did he say that "Hey guys, I'm just going to be sending chadz money.  IE:  Donating."  Which wouldn't even require a post btw.  He said "Hey guys, I'm buying a server but I'm going to give chadz and crew access and admin and say that they're the ones 'running' it."  There's a huge difference.

You know, if he fucks with chadz he can just disconnect him from DB, then he can pay dollars for a server noone will play on, if he wants.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2011, 09:10:54 am »

Weather forecast for hell right now must be pretty chilly, because I find myself actually agreeing with you for once, Gorath.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2011, 09:13:32 am »
You know, if he fucks with chadz he can just disconnect him from DB, then he can pay dollars for a server noone will play on, if he wants.

And this is why I am still happy-go-lucky about it all.

If this was Hellowrold then yeah I can understand an instant "GTFO" mentality, but this is Classical... He did an extremely stupid thing that was fixed in less then 12 hours... no lasting damage (unlike the hacking which delayed Strat by 60 work hours as well as still having to replace missing items to this day so-on so-forth).

Just... Relax...

It's all good...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2011, 09:18:57 am »
+1
Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely all for having official NA servers (and strat) run by the dev team only and not a clan (any clan).  However the only way this will really happen is also the easiest way to make it happen:  Add a "Donate for NA server" button on the page like you have for the EU servers.  That way we, the NA community, can send you money to run an official NA server that is absolutely untainted by anyone elses hands (especially a goon's).

Tears:
Sure I'll accept that I'm biased because I'm not a fan of the goons, I'm vocal about it, and I'm still trying to get shit fixed from them deleting my character's and fucking up my account (it's still not even close to fixed).  Yup, I'm still a bit miffed about it.  That doesn't make my point any less logical though because I'd say the same thing about the post being made by a member of the OTHER clan that was caught hacking accounts.

Shit, 22nd abused server shit and were blacklisted for ages.  Yet the goons are getting access to the "official" server box after all the shit they've pulled both here and every other game they've ever touched?  It's just a silly decision.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2011, 09:31:43 am »
Shit, 22nd abused server shit and were blacklisted for ages.  Yet the goons are getting access to the "official" server box after all the shit they've pulled both here and every other game they've ever touched?  It's just a silly decision.

It wasn't anything as petty as that, 22nd's lead admin abused DB access to cheat at the game. That's a whole different animal, and it's also the reason nobody except chadz has been allowed any kind of DB write access since then. I don't remember all the details of the server blacklisting thing, but I think the game worked pretty differently back then, and there was some weightier reason for it. Bottom line was that since Vincenzo ran (and still runs, I think) all of 22nd's servers fully, 22nd wouldn't be given servers. Again, Zealot won't run these servers.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 09:36:36 am by okiN »
Don't.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2011, 09:40:57 am »
Again, Zealot won't run these servers.

Sure.  He'll just own them, which gives him full access to them to do anything he pleases.  Complete security.....   :rolleyes:

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2011, 09:41:35 am »
+1
We'll see.
Don't.

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS / Northern Empire
  • Game nicks: Kataphraktos, Muffins, CtrlAltDelete, Haleth
« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2011, 09:45:28 am »
Sure.  He'll just own them, which gives him full access to them to do anything he pleases.  Complete security.....   :rolleyes:
This is exactly what I was saying earlier today.  Wake up people.  chadz is going to give the only NA strat server into the hands of a goon (with a poor record of behavior at that) to do whatever he wants.
Quote from: IRC
<abearirl>crtlaltdel shut up | you are the worst | sperglord | i hate you so much | if i could ban goatee or ban you | i'd ban you
<Wylker|work>man if i was locked in a bunker with einstein, stalin, and CtrlAltDelete and had a gun with only 2 bullets | I'd shoot CtrlAltDelete twice

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2011, 09:52:36 am »
to do whatever he wants.

How do you know he will allow that?