Author Topic: A New or Alternative North American Strategus Server?  (Read 12062 times)

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS / Northern Empire
  • Game nicks: Kataphraktos, Muffins, CtrlAltDelete, Haleth
Re: A New or Alternative North American Strategus Server?
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2011, 09:47:52 pm »
Not.. if... he ... uses... paypal... to... GIVE MONEY TO chadz....

fucking hell...

I am such a god damned genius for thinking shit through.
IF he simply gives money to chadz and IF the dev team, and dev team alone, runs the server box, that's not too bad.  I still don't see why the current NA server is going down.  But Destiny, that's not what I understand Classical to be doing.  He's going to control the box: maps, server files, ban lists, everything.  Do you want more goon banning sprees?  Do you want more gay bundle of stickss ruining strategus battles?  Why, when we already have a well admined server?  Its just because of some butthurt goons who got banned for being what they are: trolling, spamming, greifing goons.
Quote from: IRC
<abearirl>crtlaltdel shut up | you are the worst | sperglord | i hate you so much | if i could ban goatee or ban you | i'd ban you
<Wylker|work>man if i was locked in a bunker with einstein, stalin, and CtrlAltDelete and had a gun with only 2 bullets | I'd shoot CtrlAltDelete twice

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2011, 09:52:10 pm »
IF he simply gives money to chadz and IF the dev team, and dev team alone, runs the server box, that's not too bad.  I still don't see why the current NA server is going down.  But Destiny, that's not what I understand Classical to be doing.  He's going to control the box: maps, server files, ban lists, everything.  Do you want more goon banning sprees?  Do you want more gay bundle of stickss ruining strategus battles?  Why, when we already have a well admined server?  Its just because of some butthurt goons who got banned for being what they are: trolling, spamming, greifing goons.

And yet somehow... every time chadz or Classical talks about it... they say that chadz and crew will be running it, and only Shik and his elected deputies will have control, and that Classical will not have control and will not "run" the servers and only pay for it...

I feel especially retarded right now as I think I am reading English explanations yet there is a lot of stuff I am apparently missing here.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Taking Arrows To The Face Since 2008
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Delro_ATS
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2011, 09:54:32 pm »
+1
And yet somehow... every time chadz or Classical talks about it... they say that chadz and crew will be running it, and only Shik and his elected deputies will have control, and that Classical will not have control and will not "run" the servers and only pay for it...

I feel especially retarded right now as I think I am reading English explanations yet there is a lot of stuff I am apparently missing here.

I believe the issue here is lack of information. As far as I know, paying a company to host a server gives you access to that server's FTP (its probably on the receipt or something.) So if Zealot is point of contact for payment, he will have access. If, however, he is paying a 3rd party (chadz, or some other dev) and THEY are point of contact with the server host, he will NOT have access.

chadz, please clear this up. Which way will it be?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2011, 09:56:36 pm »
IF he simply gives money to chadz and IF the dev team, and dev team alone, runs the server box, that's not too bad.  I still don't see why the current NA server is going down.  But Destiny, that's not what I understand Classical to be doing.  He's going to control the box: maps, server files, ban lists, everything.

Please go back and read where it says chadz and the dev team picked the admins of the server.  The ones who have nothing to do with LLJK, you know.  All the decisions would go through them and Cahdz, not Classical.  You can't really be that bad at understanding he won't be managing this in any sense other than the payment?

Do you want more goon banning sprees?  Do you want more gay bundle of stickss ruining strategus battles?  Why, when we already have a well admined server?  Its just because of some butthurt goons who got banned for being what they are: trolling, spamming, greifing goons.

Seriously, what is the deal with ATS and calling everyone that disagrees with them bundle of stickss? Are you guys seriously that hard up on homophobia? You have a no racisim rule on your servers but will immediately call Goons bundle of stickss or in Gorath's case, newmy old friends.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2011, 10:00:51 pm »
Seriously, what is the deal with ATS and calling everyone that disagrees with them bundle of stickss? Are you guys seriously that hard up on homophobia? You have a no racisim rule on your servers but will immediately call Goons bundle of stickss or in Gorath's case, newmy old friends.

Believe it or not I was wondering the same thing myself...

Wonder what would happen if I came out tonight in vent.

oh wait did I just-

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2011, 10:05:52 pm »
From the way classical wrote it, I'd have to agree with destiny here. He clearly stated it wasn't going to be ran by him. With him saying that I'm ASSUMING he has 0 control.

I could care less either way, though I'd rather have which ever server is better lol.

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS / Northern Empire
  • Game nicks: Kataphraktos, Muffins, CtrlAltDelete, Haleth
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2011, 10:10:09 pm »
+1

Please go back and read where it says chadz and the dev team picked the admins of the server.  The ones who have nothing to do with LLJK, you know.  All the decisions would go through them and Cahdz, not Classical.  You can't really be that bad at understanding he won't be managing this in any sense other than the payment?
Mate, I know how servers are run.  The guy who pays almost always gets access to the server box.  Unless Classical goes out of his way to NOT have access, he will control everything.  Thus, my point stands.

It was'a part of ma milit'ry trainin' I cana help it.
(click to show/hide)
Quote from: IRC
<abearirl>crtlaltdel shut up | you are the worst | sperglord | i hate you so much | if i could ban goatee or ban you | i'd ban you
<Wylker|work>man if i was locked in a bunker with einstein, stalin, and CtrlAltDelete and had a gun with only 2 bullets | I'd shoot CtrlAltDelete twice

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2011, 10:13:44 pm »
Mate, I know how servers are run.  The guy who pays almost always gets access to the server box.  Unless Classical goes out of his way to NOT have access, he will control everything.  Thus, my point stands.
It was'a part of ma milit'ry trainin' I cana help it.
(click to show/hide)

As additional info:

Head Admin will most likely be Shik, who has a good knowledge of the NA community and will handpick a set of admins that are capable of keeping the server what it is supposed to be: a neutral and fair playing ground.

chadz directly saying it will be his hand picked staff, not Classical running things. How much clearer do you want it to be? If Classical did anything even remotely sketchy, the plug would be pulled instantly and fixed by chadz and his crew. Can you really not see this, or are you too busy blindly listening to Ecko?
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2011, 10:38:13 pm »
+1
Not.. if... he ... uses... paypal... to... GIVE MONEY TO chadz....

fucking hell...

I am such a god damned genius for thinking shit through.

Yuri unnie, no need to get so worked up over this! We need to stay sharp for our fans!

SNSD Hwaiting! <3

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2011, 10:44:33 pm »
+1
Yuri unnie, no need to get so worked up over this! We need to stay sharp for our fans!

SNSD Hwaiting! <3

I'm sorry Yoona unnie! I forgot myself there  :oops:
I shall return to practicing!

SNSD Hwaiting! <3
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2011, 10:59:59 pm »

chadz directly saying it will be his hand picked staff, not Classical running things. How much clearer do you want it to be? If Classical did anything even remotely sketchy, the plug would be pulled instantly and fixed by chadz and his crew. Can you really not see this, or are you too busy blindly listening to Ecko?

Just speaking for myself here, but I am at work and have had no contact with Ecko outside reading his posts here on this thread.

That said, just because chadz intends not to let Zealot touch the server doesn't mean he can prevent it, if Zealot is directly paying for the server (if he is point of contact.) If Zealot is sending money to chadz/the dev team and they're paying for it, no problem.

Regardless of all that, though, I do agree with you now that if he fucked with anything chadz could pull the plug and reset. It'd be a big pain in the ass, but it wouldn't end the world.

Someone please tell me why this radio is trying to nurture me...

Offline WeeBo

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: Remnant_WeeBoy
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2011, 11:01:31 pm »
Here is a 17 min audio clip of Ecko and Gaga having it out in CHAOS Team Speak .. ahaha

http://www.filefactory.com/file/cc5801a/n/eckoVsgaga.wav
"The original operator."

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2011, 11:23:55 pm »

It is funny that one of the only people that have a problem with this is one of ecko's most abusive and downright stupid admins:  CtrlaltDel1337.

I got banned by this guy after getting unbanned by Ecko/Gorath after pointing out their tendency to over look some of the ATS player names that included "rape" among other bad slurs.  Yet my name was always unacceptable and I got banned for it even though my behavior was fine and I never did anything wrong.

Do not listen to anything CtrlAltDe1337 says.  He is too blinded by goon hatred to formulate anything intelligent and unfortunately does not understand that he might be part of the reason this is happening. 

I would be lying if I say I do not enjoy reading all these bitch posts.  CtrlAltDe1337 you made my day :).

AND Thanks chadz.

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lorn
  • IRC nick: Lorn
« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2011, 11:24:32 pm »
Nah he's just gonna take all your money again  :twisted:

Wasn't that Devilize?

Oh right, denial that it ever happened...forgot...carry on!

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2011, 11:26:30 pm »
Wasn't that Devilize?

Oh right, denial that it ever happened...forgot...carry on!
O.O dude i thought you stoped playing lol