Author Topic: Limit 2 hand swing speed  (Read 12909 times)

Offline Severant

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Limit 2 hand swing speed
« on: January 15, 2011, 03:11:12 am »
The two hand swing speed (2h and pole) should never be faster than a one hander. Thier advantages should be range and damage... not range, damage, and speed...

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
Re: Limit 2 hand swing speed
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 03:12:40 am »
All weapons are faster held with 2 hands than with 1 hand only.

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 03:25:30 am »
All weapons are faster held with 2 hands than with 1 hand only.

Realistic, yes. Balanced, yeah 3 advantages, balanced.  :mrgreen:

Offline Vygar

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vygar_PxC, Divinicus_PxC, Tegashi_PxC
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 03:27:58 am »
Yes.  2h and polearm are too fast for the damage they inflict.  I'd say they need to be around 10-15% slower.

Offline Keltesh

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Frederick_Von_Spamberge, and >9000 alts.
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 03:36:08 am »
When will people understand that as a 2-handed user, you sacrifice the ability to use a shield........

Shields maked you almost immune to ranged, and let you block as many people as you want at one time.  So why should you have this advantage AND be able to swing faster then someone unencumbered by the shield and completely vulnerable to ranged fire.

Offline Vygar

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vygar_PxC, Divinicus_PxC, Tegashi_PxC
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 03:43:42 am »
Nothing is stopping you from carrying a shield into combat whilst wielding 2h/polearms.

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 03:47:24 am »
When will people understand that as a 2-handed user, you sacrifice the ability to use a shield........

Shields maked you almost immune to ranged, and let you block as many people as you want at one time.  So why should you have this advantage AND be able to swing faster then someone unencumbered by the shield and completely vulnerable to ranged fire.

Right, you have to manual block. In exchange for that, you get phenomenal reach, and great damage compared to people using a shield. You need the speed as well?

Offline Keltesh

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Frederick_Von_Spamberge, and >9000 alts.
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 03:55:33 am »
Right, you have to manual block. In exchange for that, you get phenomenal reach, and great damage compared to people using a shield. You need the speed as well?

And you get near IMMUNITY (read it, IMMUNITY) to ALL RANGED ATTACKS.   And the ability to block an UNLIMITED number of attacks at once.   Damn you shielders and your selective reading.

Shielders are the killers of all things ranged, the bastions of strength and longevity, line holders, SUPPORT.  The 2-handers are the GLASS(ish) CANNONS, high damage/low survivability.

That is all.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 03:57:10 am by Keltesh »

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 03:59:21 am »
And you get near IMMUNITY (read it, IMMUNITY) to ALL RANGED ATTACKS.   And the ability to block and UNLIMITED number of attacks at once.   Damn you shielders and your selective reading.

Shielders are the kills of all things ranged, the bastions of strength and longevity, line holders, SUPPORT.  The 2-handers are the GLASS(ish) CANNONS, high damage/low survivability.

That is all.

Right, because shields don't break. And they also protect all over the body, including behind. In return, shielders get low damage, punch-range reach, and the joy of seeing a two hander hit your shield 3 times, then hit you again as you are in midswing, insta-killing you with their high damage dancing.

Offline Whalen207

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • If I see that fucking pickle one more time...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: [Guard_Whalen207 [Guard_Whale_Tosser [Guard_Whale_Tank [Guard_Whale_ArrowSpam
  • IRC nick: Whalen
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2011, 04:04:05 am »
I gotta agree here, as my main uses shields;
Their only point is avoiding archery.. but at this point one-handers have no chance versus a skilled two-hander, etc. They're too slow and they need to constantly run to follow them while the two hander is jumping around like a crazed rabbit.
Arma 2, Mount and Blade, Garry's Mod and Coloholics Roleplayer, Coder, Mapmaker and Moderator.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ozwan

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2011, 04:38:44 am »
Considering that kickslash is no longer existent I find it hilarious that shield easymoders keep crying. You can facehug all you want now and go unpunished.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 05:57:35 am by Ozwan »
In real life, when people insult me (and it happens very rare, cos I am a big guy), I often punch them in the face.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2011, 04:47:46 am »
Considering that kickslash is no longer existant I find it hilarious that shield easymoders keep crying. You can facehug all you want now and go unpunished.

Actually I've found kickslash to be quite effective simply because so many shielders facehug. But yeah most people are easy to get down with a bit of facehugging and a couple of feints.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2011, 04:52:27 am »
Lol?

All this?

All this i read here after being killed a lot of times by turtle that just outspammed me with 1hander? Cmon, you cannot be serious. We choose damage over survivability...and recently i was meeting quite a lot shielded guys, when i tried to attack those, after one or two hits to the shield before my next swing lands i get hit (yeah, i know, i should block and such, but still), u just hide there behind shield and hit from time to time.

With them military pick or some other weapons as a agi whore (yeah, shield rating needs agi, right?) you are anyways faster on swing than a hybrid 2h (feel free to correct me if i am wrong, but i got this feeling, atm 18str/20agi hybrid, and i feel like most of the turtles i meet are faster...).

But, i might be wrong, this all is based on personal experience  :)

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2011, 06:39:24 am »
You know 2handers would get double pay back in the day, because they had so much less defense without a shield.

Offline Majer

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Behold!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Majer_The_Grey
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2011, 07:00:53 am »
And you get near IMMUNITY (read it, IMMUNITY) to ALL RANGED ATTACKS.   And the ability to block an UNLIMITED number of attacks at once.   Damn you shielders and your selective reading.
LOL have you ever played this game? This is bullshit. Poleaxe wielder will spam me with attacks not allowing me to perform any counter strike, after 3-5hits my shield is evaporized and I am screwed.

Shielders are the killers of all things ranged, the bastions of strength and longevity, line holders, SUPPORT.  The 2-handers are the GLASS(ish) CANNONS, high damage/low survivability.
I can do "something" only when I'm lvl ~30 and geared up like a tank. I get like 2:1, 3:1 kill/death ratio at best. Friend of mine, who has 2h sword runs half naked and gets 10:1 12:1 k/d ratio.
My usual tactic in combat is just standing with shield up, and awaiting more of my team players to flank enemy and backstab them.

You Sir, are posting crap.

Of course, I am not whining, because I am aware of my handicap, but knowing my few advantages helps me to perform well on battlefield, although I can't find any way to win a duel against a 2h mace/hammer - cant get into range and not get knocked over/killed by breakthrough shield attack. I know they're slower, but they run too fast in mail/leather armors.

Anyways except scoreboard shielders are big boost for battle outcome (I mean siege, cause no point for me entering battle server). In fact, shielders and pikemen seem to be only men always focused on objective, while other roam for free kills.

Btw. as a light armoured 2h swordsman your manoeuvrability is so decent, that you can just step back whilst I am swinging my funny short weapon, and hit me easly.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 07:12:28 am by Majer »