Author Topic: Limit 2 hand swing speed  (Read 12413 times)

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
Re: Limit 2 hand swing speed
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2011, 09:37:59 pm »
Thats a feature dune, not a balance issue or problem.  A player is supposed to enter stun mode after their shield is destroyed. The game is designed this way to setup 2h axe users as the designated counter for sword n board.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline chief

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2011, 09:53:01 pm »
Try this.

Go on the duel server, and get a cooperative partner, tell them to stand still and not block.

Walk into them until your noses are touching and you can't walk forward any more.

Stand completely still, and swing your 2h sword.

Full damage, no penalty for face-hugging with a 5 foot long 2h sword.

In fact, 1h weapons are much more likely to glance from being too close, this has to do with the animations, not the damage.

So, if you  weren't too annoyed by the format of this post to finish it, I hope you found this piece of information interesting. (It's a misconception that 2h weapons are useless in super close range, and it can not be considered a disadvantage for them.)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 10:03:55 pm by chief »

Offline Severant

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2011, 10:11:29 pm »
All weapons are faster held with 2 hands than with 1 hand only.

2 handed weapons are NOT faster that one handed weapons, and this is a game balance anyway. The reason 2 handers are slower is a wider sweep, like 3 times the weight, and you put your whole body into a 2 handed swing... 1 handers are faster but less power. Maybe you should take a 50 pound weight and swing it around a couple of times and see how fast you are.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2011, 11:57:07 pm »
The argument is bollocks anyway. Of course all weapons are faster when being swung with two hands. However, we are not talking about handling the same weapon with one or two hands. Learn logic.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Severant

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2011, 05:21:00 am »
The argument is bollocks anyway. Of course all weapons are faster when being swung with two hands. However, we are not talking about handling the same weapon with one or two hands. Learn logic.

swings per minute are not faster, yes the velocity is but the momentum carries the weapon farther and takes longer to bring around for another swing. So LOGICALLY and REALISTICLLY 1 handers are faster when counting swings per second... not velocity....

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2011, 07:27:08 am »
Not quiet the way two handed swords work Severant.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2011, 04:35:07 pm »
Ok then, another proposal.
Why not buff 1h damage or debuff the 2h one?
Currently 2h/pole have the advantage of speed, range and damage while 1h has arrow protection (well sometimes, if the enemies have a bad aim and don´t shoot in a bad angle).

Yeah i know "But in real life you can hit harder if you use two hands!!!" and in real life the shields dont have twice of their weight and you can attack while blocking.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 04:37:42 pm by Mala »

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2011, 05:18:41 pm »
In real life ashtreys are on tables not used as shields too.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2011, 10:38:32 pm »
Hey, don't mock the ragged girl's ashtray, i mean buckler! She looted many dead bodies to get it...

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2011, 10:38:49 pm »
ZOMG quote button sorry...

Offline Severant

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2011, 10:46:57 pm »
Ok then, another proposal.
Why not buff 1h damage or debuff the 2h one?
Currently 2h/pole have the advantage of speed, range and damage while 1h has arrow protection (well sometimes, if the enemies have a bad aim and don´t shoot in a bad angle).

Yeah i know "But in real life you can hit harder if you use two hands!!!" and in real life the shields dont have twice of their weight and you can attack while blocking.

you can't use the no range protection excuse with 2hand/pole... i seee TONS of 2 handers / pole arms pull out a shield, close, then pull out 2 handers/ poles and preceed to spam ppl to death. Quit using that excuse pls.

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2011, 04:49:57 am »
In real life ashtreys are on tables not used as shields too.

I´m sure i can finds some images in the internet.
Anyway, i used some other shields, but most of them are crap.
I did not want to use tower shields, because they don´t fit to my build theme, so i started with the elite cav shield. It was nice to catch some arrows with it, but it sucks in melee combat (ok, as i had shield skill 10 it was not that bad).
Later i switched to the steel shield. It offers a great protection and can take some hits, but it is so awfull slow and heavy.
The huscarl was no option, too huge and overused but then i got my buckler, a neat shield.
But now it is more a luxury item, quite expensive and offers only minimal protection against ranged and melee attacks.

Offline Vygar

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vygar_PxC, Divinicus_PxC, Tegashi_PxC
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2011, 01:05:01 am »
The more i try and play as a 1h/Shield, the more I think that 2h and polearms are way too fast and need to be slowed down 15% or more.  It's not the swing speed itself but the fact that it can ready for each consecutive swing too quickly.  Even recently, I've run into a number of occasions where some 2h/Pole wielder has struck my shield and I simply cannot get my weapon to counter attack ready fast enough before his weapon is digging into me.  This shouldn't be the case.  The "reset" timer should be lengthened for the larger weapons otherwise, they'll remain OP.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2011, 01:45:30 am »
All shielders seem to forget that you have a huge advantage: you have a huge fucking shield you can hide behind with only a right click and block as many people as you like. We, the mean 2H spammers actually need to manual block in order to survive and it's quite hard when facing more than 1 enemy. 90% of the 1h+shield users are dead 2 seconds after their shield breaks because you can't manual block, now imagine having to manual block all the time and think twice before whining.

Offline Vygar

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vygar_PxC, Divinicus_PxC, Tegashi_PxC
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2011, 02:47:29 am »
I've done it.  Manual blocking is pretty easy once you get the hang of it.  Shield users are at a disadvantage.