Author Topic: Limit 2 hand swing speed  (Read 12954 times)

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
Re: Limit 2 hand swing speed
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 07:05:53 am »
When will people understand that as a 2-handed user, you sacrifice the ability to use a shield........

Shields maked you almost immune to ranged, and let you block as many people as you want at one time.  So why should you have this advantage AND be able to swing faster then someone unencumbered by the shield and completely vulnerable to ranged fire.

+1

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2011, 07:13:30 am »
As a 1h+shield user I have to respectfully disagree with most said by my brothers, sorry. A 1h+shield build in the wrong hands can be unstoppable. + You have to face it guys were a more defensive class we have high defense but low offense get it?

Pro tips:
Only get as much shield skill for the shield you want to use - don't crutch on it too much. Learning to manual block even a little bit can save your life.
Only get enough str for equip/ps you want
Convert points into agi - not too much don't sacrifice your other skills just to do this
Use foot work - Twist into your blows, get into the best position for your strikes, get at their backs ect ect.. You'll be amazed at how many strikes Ive landed even when the enemy raised their strike before mine.
FEINT AND TIME YOUR BLOWS!!

Do all this and you should do okay as a 1h user.

On it.

Offline Stokes

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stokes52, ArcherStokes, and now by popular demand: ThrowerStokes
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2011, 10:07:29 am »
As a 1h+shield user I have to respectfully disagree with most said by my brothers, sorry. A 1h+shield build in the wrong hands can be unstoppable. + You have to face it guys were a more defensive class we have high defense but low offense get it?

Pro tips:
Only get as much shield skill for the shield you want to use - don't crutch on it too much. Learning to manual block even a little bit can save your life.
Only get enough str for equip/ps you want
Convert points into agi - not too much don't sacrifice your other skills just to do this
Use foot work - Twist into your blows, get into the best position for your strikes, get at their backs ect ect.. You'll be amazed at how many strikes Ive landed even when the enemy raised their strike before mine.
FEINT AND TIME YOUR BLOWS!!

Do all this and you should do okay as a 1h user.

QFT.

There are many good shielders out there. Spectate them when dead, you'll see that this class can be played very well and a good shielder can definitely take out a "spamming" polearm or two-handed user.

The only thing I would suggest is maybe the speed on shields is generally a bit to low, but still, many good shielders make due and have great K/Ds, especially when fighting 3-4 enemies at once.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2011, 12:46:35 pm »
When will people understand that as a 2-handed user, you sacrifice the ability to use a shield........

Shields maked you almost immune to ranged, and let you block as many people as you want at one time.  So why should you have this advantage AND be able to swing faster then someone unencumbered by the shield and completely vulnerable to ranged fire.

Read this 5 times in a row.

Now stop fucking whining all over again and learn from good sword&board players.  This is becoming annoying already

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2011, 03:34:41 pm »
Lol you shielders who whine instead of learning how to play your class will always be EZ to kill with my 2h, I feint once and swing and I hit you because you think I missed, I do it again and you're dead.. Why do you even have the shield if you're not going to block at least once with it?

Any decent shielder will kill me in 2-3 hits easy and will be able to feint out my blocks because I'm not super skilled at manual blocking.
On top of this if they don't want to kill me they can back peddle to their team mates while I try and break their shield.

Learn to time your attacks for different opponents, watch good shielders play, eventually you'll get it.
But if you keep whining, you will continue to fall to the ole feint and hit trick that we all love to use on shielders because they're so impatient even though they have all the time in the world.

A good tactic I've noticed a lot of shielders using that works on me is taking the initiative and attacking me first while I try and do my feint and hit trick, which then fails because I feinted into their swing.

Anyways Good luck on your travels

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2011, 05:30:11 pm »
I hate the feint trick, always fall for it. Fortunately (for me), most 2hers are spammers that never feint nor block, and i don't have problems with those, usually, except with the agi stackers who swing so fast that their second hit seems to come even before the first one was blocked :mrgreen:. They are rare though.

Don't misunderstand me here, I think spam is a big problem, but not because it affects me personally. Just the fact that a spammer can easily reach top10, while other players have to work hard to get there bothers me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Guts

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2011, 05:50:12 pm »
I hate the feint trick, always fall for it. Fortunately (for me), most 2hers are spammers that never feint nor block, and i don't have problems with those, usually, except with the agi stackers who swing so fast that their second hit seems to come even before the first one was blocked :mrgreen:. They are rare though.

Don't misunderstand me here, I think spam is a big problem, but not because it affects me personally. Just the fact that a spammer can easily reach top10, while other players have to work hard to get there bothers me.

u are aware they stripped all of our speed away but thats getting off topic if "YOU" fall for a feint its "YOUR "fault not trying to be mean but its the truth i fall for em too once in awhile and if u block u will be able to return a swing if u time it properly and if  you get killed by spam which everyone does some more than others can easily be dealt with block and swing or change your weapon

Offline Majer

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Behold!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Majer_The_Grey
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2011, 06:04:59 pm »
Faint tricks are not class related. Also lack of ability to swing in return due to ping.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2011, 06:20:46 pm »
Just because I hate feints doesn't mean I want to do something against them, far from it. You are right that I'm lacking skill in this area, and it's okay that I die when I fall for them.

I think I'd be better reacting to feints if there were less spammers and more feinters. Right now, feints are so rare that, although it always enrages me, I can take these deaths and still have a good K:D ratio.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2011, 09:06:37 pm »
People who die to spam in the current patch are just noobs. With the current wpf patch, it is impossible to reach a point where an opponent will be unable to return an attack regardless of what weapon they use. The only exceptions to this rule would be the comical weapons like boulder on a stick or looney-toons axes, which have sub 80 attack speed.

To all those complaining about attack speed: sorry, but your timing is terrible. 1h attacks are just as fast as 2 handed weapons.

These are based off of all my experience on the following characters: 2h polearm user, 1h/shield user, thrower, and an archer.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Dunecat

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • cRPG Player
  • h+
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jaer_Selorn
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2011, 09:08:27 pm »
As a shielder, the only real problem I see is a prolonged stun in the moment of shieldbreaking, combined with a lack of "drop shield" button. For that reason, I binded "holster weapon" to the mouse, in order to drop shield slightly faster when needed. Of cource, this is not much of a problem when facing a bladed or blunt weaponry, but axes, especially wonderfast elegant poleaxes, which utterly destroy a shield in 2-3 rapid sideswings, and than finish off stunned opponent.
In memory of Jaer_Selorn, member of Str, ruler of Pagundur

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2011, 09:11:36 pm »
Dunecat: when I use my shielder and I see an axe-weilder coming up against me, I put my shield away immediately and just manual block. They trade off stats on their weapon in order to get that bonus to shields modifier. Its a trade-off to be a class's natural counter.

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2011, 09:18:50 pm »
What does putting points into shield over 6 do for you? Does it still increase the area your shield can protect? Or did they totally remove that in the patch?

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2011, 09:20:03 pm »
What does putting points into shield over 6 do for you? Does it still increase the area your shield can protect? Or did they totally remove that in the patch?

They couldn't remove it if they wanted to. Its hard-coded into M&B.

Offline Dunecat

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • cRPG Player
  • h+
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jaer_Selorn
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2011, 09:24:14 pm »
The axes are not as much of an oddity (and problem) as a stun, which I mentioned, is. Usually, I can't manual block for a second or so, after my shield is broken, and survive only with support of teammates or if I backpedal faster/earlier than the opponent.
In memory of Jaer_Selorn, member of Str, ruler of Pagundur