Author Topic: Version 0.232  (Read 26653 times)

Offline krampe

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Count Palatine of the Rhine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pony
  • Game nicks: krampe and the moons
Re: Version 0.232
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2011, 02:59:01 pm »
It's always been like this. The full download (cRPG.zip) creates the directory hierarchy, the update (cRPG_update.zip) contains only text files that have to be extracted in the cRPG folder.
Maybe check what's inside before extracting?

NO! I just want to click yes, yes, install for my extra 5 toolbars and even more gadgets i really need!
Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline Ozan

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 126
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapikulu
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Sultan_Ozan
  • IRC nick: Ozan
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2011, 03:12:56 pm »
We want Strategus ,not patches !!! we really bored to wait..we r waiting nearly one year..ı think we r little idots  :(((
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2011, 03:18:56 pm »
i love the idea that all lancers go to 1hcav, if u cant handle with them  u suck :P now it would be easier to lance other inf :D

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2011, 03:25:05 pm »
Nice if it will be so, but my prediction is that skilled cavs will begin to ignore the existance of lances and use only 1h+shield or 2h.

And true lancer will be a very rare person, like a thrower in previous patch. (and true lancers will be only on coursers or arabians to compensate poor attack angles with horsie speed\maneuvr).

Is that ^ nice?  Dont think so, but lets wait a bit, to see how it goes, ok.

Your joking right ? Or maybe you don't like diversity. Before the patch 1h and 2h cav was inferior to lance cav in every way. Now there are uses for both, and we see lancers and 1h cav. Lancers still are way better for attacking aware inf with medium reach weapons. Lances are also easier to hit with at higher speeds. 1h cav with heavy horses (= unsustainable) are better for infantry support than lancers with heavy horses. Finally, 1h with light horses are extremely weak versus infantry but can kill other cav.

Anyway, even if all the cav switched from lance to 1h, which I don't think will happen given the lost reach, that would still be better than all lancers.

Offline BlackCorsair

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2011, 03:48:29 pm »
maybe maybe, but still this 40* degree looks unnatural and - not intuitive for newcomers. (even experinced in native)

and on the other hand u named 3 (THREE) new types of cavalry, each of it has very NARROW sphere of application, while 2hander infantry or shielder has much more universality, and cheaper in upkeep.

So, even if u right in dividing it into classes, still now cav is shit in balance - u should choose one of three cavalry classes, and for each u get your own narrow sphere of application. It means less interest to play with cav now.

P.S. as for me - no sense to pay HUGE upkeep for my cataphract to be just a support, and to be weak against two other types of cav
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 04:01:40 pm by BlackCorsair »

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2011, 04:04:08 pm »
So, I downloaded the update and replaced all the files. Now, when I try to open Warband, it says that it's unable to open Modules/cRPG/Resource/iboltax_faces.brf

I don't know how to fix that.

In order to just avoid all of this, can I just delete my entire cRPG folder from my Modules folder and re-install it? Or will that delete my characters somehow?

You installed the cRPG_update.zip on the old version. You should download the full update instead.

And don't worry, characters are not stored locally.  :lol:

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2011, 04:48:32 pm »
Well, i take side with Fluffy here, as i played thrower when they raped us, and then switched to 2h aswell :D Yeah, i have played thrower even before the patch, it was fun. The good cav players are still lancing now, and scoring hell lots of kills, so i do not see what is this whine about, just fucking adapt or quit cav, easy enough.

Devs, please, do not listen to them, let this play out for few weeks and we will see how everyone is suddenly settled with things and just enjoying the game, which you are creating for us. Oh, and also release strat. Thanks

and Valentino, i see u whining here, i see u whining ingame most of the time, wtf is wrong with u? are you feeling lonely that you have to be attention whoring all the damn time? There. there, *pat pat*
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 04:49:54 pm by Cepeshi »

Offline Dioxete

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Den Bitre
  • Game nicks: Date
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2011, 04:55:19 pm »
The only i'd like to say is that this morning EU_1 was a range fest; 70% archers or throwers :S

Then i created an skip the fun alt thrower and i think is quite op. With no experience in throwers, watched that 1 hit=1kill o,o

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2011, 04:57:58 pm »
The only i'd like to say is that this morning EU_1 was a range fest; 70% archers or throwers :S

Then i created an skip the fun alt thrower and i think is quite op. With no experience in throwers, watched that 1 hit=1kill o,o

nah, not true, with 7PT i need 2 spears to kill med armored guy :P if not headshot ofc...and do not worry, the archer fest is there cause they were slightly OP after teh patch, which is fixed, so i believe some will go back to melee, same with throwers (hopefully)...i mean, yeah, i like to see more of us around, but not due to the fact that this class would be FOTM, i hope some of the rush throwers will just reroll something else

how did it look for cav in such conditions btw?

also, u got 2 cd keys?

Offline Dioxete

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2011, 05:11:18 pm »
Mine thrower is 9 PT, and kills every thing with 1 heavy axe, it's amazing xDDD, horses are doomed *_*

right now i'm trying a two handed so i don't know how is going for cav, but seems rly hard to fight vs HA with the 40º.

And only have 1 cd Key :D

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2011, 05:13:27 pm »
Mine thrower is 9 PT, and kills every thing with 1 heavy axe, it's amazing xDDD, horses are doomed *_*

right now i'm trying a two handed so i don't know how is going for cav, but seems rly hard to fight vs HA with the 40º.

And only have 1 cd Key :D

How did u skipped the fun then? You deleted Date_Masamune? O.o

sorry for mispell :)and cant wait till i get my 8pt ready :D

Offline Dioxete

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2011, 05:15:10 pm »
How did u skipped the fun then? You deleted Date_Masamune? O.o

sorry for mispell :)and cant wait till i get my 8pt ready :D

Did in an alt character, now is allowed. The char name is "Cover_Me"

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2011, 05:16:58 pm »
+1
didnt knew that! AWESOME! :D

Offline Dioxete

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2011, 05:17:40 pm »
+1

Offline HentziTheHun

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_HentziTheHun
  • IRC nick: HentziTheHun
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2011, 06:22:18 pm »
Isnt't archering a bit nerfed again? My crosshair is not "that" precise as it was one refreshment before.