Author Topic: Version 0.232  (Read 26655 times)

Offline BlackCorsair

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Version 0.232
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2011, 08:49:35 am »
huh, heavy lancer in 230-232 patch is just a victim for fast 1h cavalry...

pure lancer can do absolutely nothing vs them, because of 40 attack angle...

so sad, seems i need to retire to make 1h cav build... :/

Offline ToxicKilla

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • For England, and Saint George!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Killmoar_the_Lone_Knight
  • IRC nick: ToxicKilla
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2011, 08:59:15 am »
After the lance nerf I think I'll be doing what I already do anyway, running in with the great lance, skewer somebody and then whip out the good ol' trusty sword and then become a pin cussion from archers.

That is an average round for me.

Offline yedrellow

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2011, 09:04:40 am »
Oh great, change of difficulty from 9-10 of neiuweidao screwed up my character ...

Offline Bezlikiy

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • My nick translated as "faceless" :)
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Bezlikiy_The_Pillager
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2011, 09:08:06 am »
Bows is nerfed very strong, now there is not sense in them, an arbalest less than requires and gives the best result. Returning of throwing weapons and so will complicate life of archers. It is it seems to me - needed to return former missile speed of bows.

Offline Felix

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Red_Pike/Oriental_Red
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2011, 09:15:04 am »
huh, heavy lancer in 230-232 patch is just a victim for fast 1h cavalry...

pure lancer can do absolutely nothing vs them, because of 40 attack angle...

so sad, seems i need to retire to make 1h cav build... :/

Bear must be rejoicing now :D
Though it became harder, lancer still can rape 1h. I think it's more balanced - prepatchly, in lancer vs 1h/cav battle, lancer won with 7/10 score because of reach and attack angle.

Offline BlackCorsair

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2011, 10:21:49 am »
IMHO, shooting system should be returned as it was, but archers should get the walking speed penalty = bow weigth * 7.

it could help to avoid tons of archers running for several minutes at the end of round.

So they at least have to throw away their bow to have an opportunity to run away.

It will also help to see less archers on battles and only skilled one, who are also sure that they will be covered by their infantry...

Maybe i mistaken - just an idea.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2011, 10:32:36 am »
Yep cav players, no more 30-40 average kills per map cause of the ridiculous ninja angles coupled with uber fast and silent horses (at least for the noobs, the skilled ones will still be doing that as it now takes actual skill to do it, its not just some easymode class)

Bows are finaly nerfed also thank god, and throwing is back.

Epic patch, epic BUT: How long will this last, i fear the crocodile tears of the archer/Cav community will get to chadz. Well they didnt get trough last time when throwing/2h was slapped around so that gives me hope.

Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2011, 10:41:21 am »
Epic patch, epic BUT: How long will this last, i fear the crocodile tears of the archer/Cav community will get to chadz. Well they didnt get trough last time when throwing/2h was slapped around so that gives me hope.

I don't think we'll have that much luck this time :(

Offline BlackCorsair

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2011, 11:46:54 am »
the skilled ones will still be doing that as it now takes actual skill to do it, its not just some easymode class)

Nice if it will be so, but my prediction is that skilled cavs will begin to ignore the existance of lances and use only 1h+shield or 2h.

And true lancer will be a very rare person, like a thrower in previous patch. (and true lancers will be only on coursers or arabians to compensate poor attack angles with horsie speed\maneuvr).

Is that ^ nice?  Dont think so, but lets wait a bit, to see how it goes, ok.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 11:49:38 am by BlackCorsair »

Offline Felix

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2011, 12:41:29 pm »
Yep cav players, no more 30-40 average kills per map cause of the ridiculous ninja angles coupled with uber fast and silent horses (at least for the noobs, the skilled ones will still be doing that as it now takes actual skill to do it, its not just some easymode class)

Heh, you're just another whining douchbag rejoicing cause cav was nerfed. 30-40 average kill? Pff, you're blind or what? That kind of score was achieved only by skilled ones. And what about casual players? Don't they have right to enjoy the cav gameplay? No? Cause they kill you? Gosh, let's nerf everything that kills you.
I am amazed how people actually go to forums and whine that they're being killed by cav/archers/2h. That's SO pathetic. You're no man, sir. Though the nerf his hit my class really hard, i won't give bunch of other class whiners the joy of seeing me whining. No. Fuck it. Leave it. I will play cav as it is.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2011, 12:45:22 pm »
Heh, you're just another whining douchbag rejoicing cause cav was nerfed. 30-40 average kill? Pff, you're blind or what? That kind of score was achieved only by skilled ones. And what about casual players? Don't they have right to enjoy the cav gameplay? No? Cause they kill you? Gosh, let's nerf everything that kills you.
I am amazed how people actually go to forums and whine that they're being killed by cav/archers/2h. That's SO pathetic. You're no man, sir. Though the nerf his hit my class really hard, i won't give bunch of other class whiners the joy of seeing me whining. No. Fuck it. Leave it. I will play cav as it is.

Not whining m8, but i confess im guilty of stating the obvoius. I was thrower when they got nerfed to the ground, and i was 2h when they got smacked in the ballz, did i whine then? no.

So dont talk like you know shit about me cause you dont
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Felix

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2011, 12:53:48 pm »
Ok, m8, you're not whiner, but quazillion other f*ckers like Kesh, Bulzur etc are. Though i doubt that devs nerfed cav just because of their whining, it still makes them hm... *ok i shouldn't be swearing* nasty (little, pathetic, full of jealousy) people.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 12:56:31 pm by Felix »

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2011, 01:00:44 pm »
i have two issues operating this Patch :evil:. My computer does not recognise that i have downloaded the new face and a file called CRPG/resource/iboltax_f..... does not work. Help please
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2011, 01:19:34 pm »
Great thanks for the extracting map incosistency. Update 0.231 was all fine and dandy when I extracted it in my modules map cause the files were automatically extracted in Modules/cRPG. So here I am thinking that I can trust this for being the same with 0.232, apparently not cause my modules folder is full of text files. :evil:

Please keep things like this the same for every patch.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2011, 01:52:39 pm »
+1
Great thanks for the extracting map incosistency. Update 0.231 was all fine and dandy when I extracted it in my modules map cause the files were automatically extracted in Modules/cRPG. So here I am thinking that I can trust this for being the same with 0.232, apparently not cause my modules folder is full of text files. :evil:

Please keep things like this the same for every patch.

It's always been like this. The full download (cRPG.zip) creates the directory hierarchy, the update (cRPG_update.zip) contains only text files that have to be extracted in the cRPG folder.
Maybe check what's inside before extracting?