Author Topic: this patch is awful  (Read 10357 times)

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
Re: this patch is awful
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2011, 02:25:53 pm »
A few things to say :

1° Yes it is unrealistic given it's superior to couched lances in every way except the damage which is more or less equal.
2° I said fun and balance are more important than realism. That doesn't mean realism is not important at all.
3° Actually, as HA is one of the hardest things to do in RL compared to foot archery, melee etc. It's sort of realistic that a level 30 HA is still inaccurate and a level 30 melee is decent. Having level 30 HA equivalent to born horsemen and archery masters isn't really realistic.
4° If something is both unbalanced and unrealistic... you get my point.

i get your point, you use realism card when you like it... oh its unrealistic nerf, oh if this would be realistic it would be op

that hungarian guy 50 lvl right? well guess what medieval horse archers did all their life and you think this guy makes a living out of this ? its his hobby that he puts much attention to, he might just be the average lvl of the people that used to do it for a living ... but you consider him being much better than the true horse archers that used to do it

what about you killing people through the wall with pike, realistic or unrealistic ? balanced or unbalanced ?

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2011, 02:30:11 pm »
and how do you come to this ridiculous conclusion?
well now i cant aford to use any armour or weapons and the cashed up experienced players can still afford to run around on their armoured horses fully armoured slashing to pieces new players who will all be running around naked as they cant afford the new bs upkeep.simple not ridiculous

Offline Janc

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: Cadman
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2011, 02:32:56 pm »
well now i cant aford to use any armour or weapons and the cashed up experienced players can still afford to run around on their armoured horses fully armoured slashing to pieces new players who will all be running around naked as they cant afford the new bs upkeep.simple not ridiculous

I agree with Dutchydave.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2011, 02:36:41 pm »
The increased repair costs are fucking retarded. It just makes it harder for people who play less. If you are not a crpg millionaire you will be forced to constantly wear total garbage.

Meanwhile the fuckers who play constantly retire, sell their loom point(because they already have retired so many times to have all the looms they ever want)gain 450k and go to town on people.

Are the devs not aware that simply increasing repair costs doesn't effect gold when gold gain is not coupled with using gear in game? Are you fucking stupid?

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2011, 02:37:54 pm »
Okay, at level 50, HA are like Kassai Lajos. Happy ?

This is a game. There are two things called balance and fun which are more important than realism.
Except the nerf to HA was excessive and completely ruined the entire concept of an HA.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 02:39:01 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2011, 02:46:18 pm »
Yes that is. Those guys with millions of gold will have little problem with this patch. While new players, not non lifers and normal average people will be screwed. Then, when strategus comes back. People on big clans will have all the money they want to use the best of the stuff ingame. While non claned or just small clan ppl will be playin using rags. This already happened when strategus first was released. Many ppl who were using cheap armor, sudently came to the battlefield with shitloads of plate armors and mega horses. This was when making money was actually hard and you could farm for a month to buy that horse you wanted... Those guys got it in seconds just abusing the payement system... and all those guys were in the "top" clans....PPl dont caring about the patch are either rich guys, big clan guys who know they will have little problem when strategus is out or just ppl which classes are "naturally" cheap. And no, its not like i use top of the line stuff.
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2011, 02:47:48 pm »
Back to what I said before"Basically this patch makes the weak,weaker and the stronge(people who dont have much of a real life)stronger"And yes its true,playing this game dosnt count as living a life ;)

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2011, 02:51:23 pm »
How do you fuck up the texture on the heavy lance? It's an item you clearly had a lot of focus on changing but then somehow at the same time it was ignored that it had a completely different model? Do you even check the shit that you do?

Offline bonekuukkeli

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Xawi_von_Perkele
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2011, 02:51:32 pm »
+3
Sucks that you can't see your fired bolts anymore. It's just shooting blindly till you hit something. And when every second map is raining.... way bolts fly are always different. Welcome close-range shooting fests.

Offline Count_RisArch

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Keep on Rotting in the Free World...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: RisArch
  • IRC nick: RisArch
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2011, 02:52:50 pm »
+3
The increased repair costs are fucking retarded. It just makes it harder for people who play less. If you are not a crpg millionaire you will be forced to constantly wear total garbage.

Meanwhile the fuckers who play constantly retire, sell their loom point(because they already have retired so many times to have all the looms they ever want)gain 450k and go to town on people.

Are the devs not aware that simply increasing repair costs doesn't effect gold when gold gain is not coupled with using gear in game? Are you fucking stupid?

While a little strongly worded I would agree with this. The new upkeep system. Sucks. Balls. I had lovingly saved up 100k in order to wear my transitional armor for a week or two (with plate helm, gloves and boots) only to find that the upkeep cost for my crappy, mid-tier mail cost almost as much (and probably wont be sustainable in the long run) all that grind...to wear exactly what ive been wearing before and when I wish to make money I'll have to bust out the fucking padded leather or some equally shitty, 1-shot outfit....

A small increase of 1% would have been fine, nearly doubling the upkeep cost on items is insane unless the intention is not to have your players running around looking like soilders but instead have an army of peasants with the occasioanal c-rpg millionaire heros decked out in full plate racking up 20/1 K/Ds

Please revert the upkeep system or at least decrease the % cost. This is my only real gripe with the new patch.
Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.
Imperial Historian Duiker

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2011, 03:09:20 pm »
i get your point, you use realism card when you like it... oh its unrealistic nerf, oh if this would be realistic it would be op

that hungarian guy 50 lvl right? well guess what medieval horse archers did all their life and you think this guy makes a living out of this ? its his hobby that he puts much attention to, he might just be the average lvl of the people that used to do it for a living ... but you consider him being much better than the true horse archers that used to do it

what about you killing people through the wall with pike, realistic or unrealistic ? balanced or unbalanced ?

Any proof backing this up ? There are plenty of unrealistic things in this game so I won't make a list of them when we discuss one particular topic. I use those unrealistic features just like everyone else.

The pike through walls things is unrealistic for sure. Probably unbalanced too. But I doubt devs will spend time fixing that. I think I got something like one kill over 200 using this. Quite spectacular when it happens though. Bam, your first sentence has no sense anymore, I'm being unbiased.

About that particular guy, I doubt he is an average today horse archer. You probably chose one of the current best. It's clearly a hobby, nevertheless people usually are very good at what they like and very bad at what they don't. If he could make a living out of it, he would prolly do, no ? Anyway, if all you said was exactly how it was and the average horse archer was just like that guy, then I wouldn't see the point of not being and HA ingame. You want full HA battles ? My point is, even if this is realistic (and I don't think it is), it's still not balanced.

Except the nerf to HA was excessive and completely ruined the entire concept of an HA.

I heard HA are doing very well atm. Not in the same way as before though. If the patch prevents HA of doing the lamest technique in warband, holding your arrow ready and either shoot then bump or the opposite, it's a good start. Anyway, we'll see how it turns out. Seems like there are problems with upkeep.

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2011, 03:11:33 pm »
there were just too many HA... and some of them just prolonged the round..

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2011, 03:53:14 pm »
Any proof backing this up ? There are plenty of unrealistic things in this game so I won't make a list of them when we discuss one particular topic. I use those unrealistic features just like everyone else.

The pike through walls things is unrealistic for sure. Probably unbalanced too. But I doubt devs will spend time fixing that. I think I got something like one kill over 200 using this. Quite spectacular when it happens though. Bam, your first sentence has no sense anymore, I'm being unbiased.

yeah its unrealistic yet i dont see you spaming the forums saying "fix pike", and the issue that obviously needed a fix was lancing, the part when horseman is stopped and have the ability to lance jumping inf on the sides, well guess what those situations also happened like one in 200

that change mostly took out fun out of duels with other cav, as now you are turned into straight forward kamikazee
and when it comes to inf, you still kill dozens of unaware inf

About that particular guy, I doubt he is an average today horse archer. You probably chose one of the current best. It's clearly a hobby, nevertheless people usually are very good at what they like and very bad at what they don't. If he could make a living out of it, he would prolly do, no ? Anyway, if all you said was exactly how it was and the average horse archer was just like that guy, then I wouldn't see the point of not being and HA ingame. You want full HA battles ? My point is, even if this is realistic (and I don't think it is), it's still not balanced.

did you even understood what i said there ? maybe i made it a bit unclear, i said that if the guy from vid the world record holder one, would be put into time machine to the times when horse archers existed, he might not been any special compared to them

and being a world record holder means you have perfected many little details, but the other guy might be just a little bit worse than you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POe6BH8FSyc some random dude with a quiver just like the ones in m&b scoring all hits from horse back, and he is quite fast with it

Offline Odion

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Odion_IV, Odion_Power
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2011, 03:56:46 pm »
i had x5 for 10 rounds in battle (2 maps) and i still lost money, i had full set strange armor and danish sword (no gloves),

no plate armor or horse and i made a lost....

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2011, 04:13:27 pm »
Ya i agree, i cant actually use my faction armour as ill lose all my money which before patch was well up keepable.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login