Author Topic: this patch is awful  (Read 10386 times)

Offline Farrok

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Farrok
Re: this patch is awful
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2011, 04:37:46 pm »
I heard HA are doing very well atm.

No the only ones who are doing fine are wannabe HA, who stop when they shoot...this isnt Ha this is only an arche ron Horse who wants to run away faster.

The concept of being an HA is to shoot while riding a Horse on fullspeed(though ingame you cant even do that before patch but at least with some semi fullspeed)

so as Overdriven said the concept is dead, HA is dead...

Archery is shit...its only throwing with arrows...before patch it was balanced...not so much damage but for long range. now crossbow is the only long range weapon...after throwing and pikes comes bows...and because of that bows do to much damage not fun for any site.

why try to rebalance something what was balanced before patch?

we only need this now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6EknwERf3o

and i want a function to grap new arrows when they flight towards me, so i dont need a quiver anymore...

devs should atleast buff missile speed 6-7 points this would make the damage output less too(maybe not enough) + make HA possible again
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 04:44:19 pm by Farrok »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ragnar_Ulfson

• Count
  • Renown: 185
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ulfson
  • IRC nick: Ulfson
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2011, 04:43:25 pm »
HA's needed a nerf.  Period.  Maybe not this extreme but they were far to OP.

Offline Farrok

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2011, 04:49:16 pm »
HA's needed a nerf.  Period.  Maybe not this extreme but they were far to OP.

to destroy a class concept completely isnt a nerf...and OP is something other...most HA were only like a little fly who bugs you. to shoot a HA as an Archer or even a Crossbower was the easiest you can do...now the mounted archers are more easily to shoot

Offline Hotpokka

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2011, 04:55:01 pm »
The only 2 problems that I have noticed are the upkeep costs and the new scoreboard. The upkeep costs should just be back to normal, they were fine. The scoreboard I haven't seen mentioned yet, it's extremely annoying if you have a throwing weapon ready to throw as it releases it, on top of that you have less control because there is a cursor now. For no fucking reason at all.
Overall a decent patch, upkeep needs to be fixed ASAP though.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2011, 05:11:48 pm »
Cry some more HA-s, cry some more  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Farrok

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2011, 05:21:39 pm »
Cry some more HA-s, cry some more  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sry to say that again but this game havent HAs anymore, so no HA can cry ;) naah i wanted to retire as xbow anyways for strategus but my HA alt will be on break till HA class comes back again maybe

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 11, 2011, 05:22:15 pm »
yeah its unrealistic yet i dont see you spaming the forums saying "fix pike", and the issue that obviously needed a fix was lancing, the part when horseman is stopped and have the ability to lance jumping inf on the sides, well guess what those situations also happened like one in 200

that change mostly took out fun out of duels with other cav, as now you are turned into straight forward kamikazee
and when it comes to inf, you still kill dozens of unaware inf

I'm not spamming the forums with anything, especially the pike going through walls as I consider it an unimportant issue not really worth the time. If it really bugs people, then they can ask for a fix and I will support it.

I think the 40° angle nerf first motivation was allowing 1h/2h cav again by reducing the reach gap. It changed the retarded chasing and in-out maneuver duels into pure timing. Frankly, it brings fun into cav duels. Less chit-chat, more action.

did you even understood what i said there ? maybe i made it a bit unclear, i said that if the guy from vid the world record holder one, would be put into time machine to the times when horse archers existed, he might not been any special compared to them

and being a world record holder means you have perfected many little details, but the other guy might be just a little bit worse than you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POe6BH8FSyc some random dude with a quiver just like the ones in m&b scoring all hits from horse back, and he is quite fast with it

We will never know who's right and who's not on that anyway.

Offline runemaster

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vic_Rattlehead
« Reply #112 on: July 11, 2011, 06:12:41 pm »
I agree... not thrilled about the patch.  Spent this whole time getting my one heirloomed item to masterwork. Now at lvl 23, almost high enough level to use my new masterwork nodachi.... nerfed to what it was before.  Plus I have to wear crappier armor.  I am worse off than I was two generations ago.

I am gonna play single player for a while until this sinks in.

Offline Shablagoo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 11, 2011, 06:15:12 pm »
Wow, just saw the new fog for the first time.  What is this obsession with random weather effects rendering ranged classes utterly useless?  We already have rain.  It's great having to leave and go play something else because the god damn in-game weather changed.  Too bad there's not a weather effect that makes bec, gla, and poleaxe spammers worthless. 

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2011, 06:49:30 pm »
The Bec superiority is a pure NA-only MYTH.

On EU there wasn't any Goretooth to tear everyone up with it, guess what ? Nobody uses it.

The tendancy to copy anything a good player does is really strong. That's how pikes became very popular in EU too. Early May, some EU topscorers began using pikes and went 5/1 kdr with it. The number of pikemen like tripled in one day... I think the most popular EU polearm is the GLA. We have Tor, xandhold, wayyyyne, torben and a couple more known players using it very effectively.

About the Bec, a duel between a bec and a glaive can pretty much explain why it's not that good. It's bloody short.

I can see why the bec is better in NA though. Higher armor average, lower athletics... less cav and shielders ? It's a very good tincan opener, but is inferior to other top tier polearms for all the other opponents.

So if all the NA community comes to EU server with becs, they will be shot, lanced, spammed by 1h and whatnot...

The average EU guy (on battle, the skill level on siege is lower) blocks as many simple swings as you want. Feints don't work that good but holded swings usually do their job. The level on EU_1 a few hours ago wasn't reprensentative at all. The server was crowded with players from everywhere. I even had people teleporting, you can hardly block a swing you don't see  :?

About the archer damage and upkeep, I got to try this out but this sounds like bad news.

i know this post is old but i want to respond to it

The bec is shorter than other polearms, but it's as long as most 2h swords. danish is 124, bec is 120. the bec's spike often goes unnoticed when you're not actually "dueling" the guy swinging it at you, giving it more effective range. i've been hit plenty of times because i forget about the spike and don't block, it hasp lenty of effective range. because of the weird polearm animation it is faster than all the 2h swords except for katana/longsword, and that might not be true post-nerf.

i mean, if we look at this objectively, the bec  - is faster, hits harder, costs less and has all the advantages of the pole animation.

it is a problem because it twohits everyone. putting on plate will maybe, maybe let you survive one more hit. really what needed to happen was a nerf to pierce damage, the picks are slightly OP too. not a huge nerf, but enough to stop the migration to pierce weapons. people should use bec/pick because they like them not because they're OP.

as is, there's no reason to use a 2h over a polearm. the whole reason for using a 2h is killing lightly armored opponents easily and quickly. the changes to armor fucked all that up.

i mean, just play a game of battle and use a 2h and it's obvious the balance is fucked up, i have to hit sarranid wearing archers three times (with a danish) but get two shot by becs

anyway if you dont want to read all that, my point is - they ignored weapons commonly acknowledged to be OP, destroyed the 2h class entirely and kept the rest the same or buffed
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 06:54:16 pm by a_bear_irl »
FREE ALLERS

Offline Elio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 737
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The treeee!
    • View Profile
    • Calradia's Maps Explorer
  • Game nicks: Elio
« Reply #115 on: July 11, 2011, 07:00:48 pm »
Upgrade items's pictures 0.230 0.231 in progress. Finished tonight.

And update site the next day, probably.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 08:08:10 pm by Elio »

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 11, 2011, 07:23:14 pm »
i know this post is old but i want to respond to it

The bec is shorter than other polearms, but it's as long as most 2h swords. danish is 124, bec is 120. the bec's spike often goes unnoticed when you're not actually "dueling" the guy swinging it at you, giving it more effective range. i've been hit plenty of times because i forget about the spike and don't block, it hasp lenty of effective range. because of the weird polearm animation it is faster than all the 2h swords except for katana/longsword, and that might not be true post-nerf.

i mean, if we look at this objectively, the bec  - is faster, hits harder, costs less and has all the advantages of the pole animation.

it is a problem because it twohits everyone. putting on plate will maybe, maybe let you survive one more hit. really what needed to happen was a nerf to pierce damage, the picks are slightly OP too. not a huge nerf, but enough to stop the migration to pierce weapons. people should use bec/pick because they like them not because they're OP.

as is, there's no reason to use a 2h over a polearm. the whole reason for using a 2h is killing lightly armored opponents easily and quickly. the changes to armor fucked all that up.

i mean, just play a game of battle and use a 2h and it's obvious the balance is fucked up, i have to hit sarranid wearing archers three times (with a danish) but get two shot by becs

anyway if you dont want to read all that, my point is - they ignored weapons commonly acknowledged to be OP, destroyed the 2h class entirely and kept the rest the same or buffed
You serious? You don't know that polearm swing animations have LESS range than 2h, or even 1h? Doh, a decent spamitard can outrange the bec with its 120 range.

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #117 on: July 11, 2011, 08:15:21 pm »
You serious? You don't know that polearm swing animations have LESS range than 2h, or even 1h? Doh, a decent spamitard can outrange the bec with its 120 range.

Some people just latch onto an opinion without worrying about facts or anything.

Facts are that 2h actually swing faster than a polearm with the same speed. The 2h overhand thrust is also much faster than the polearm thrust. You also get full length on a 2h thrust, where with a polearm you still have 15% of the length behind the grip.

The bec seems really good because a lot of the people who constantly use it are VERY good. They have to be because of it's short range.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 08:16:55 pm by Beans »

Offline Asgrim

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2011, 08:21:37 pm »
The repair costs fucking piss me off now. You cant make any money, and heavy armor is useless now because every time you die, you get a nice 2-3k repair bill slapped to your fucking face. I dont understand why they had to increase it. Its just retarded, and if they dont change it, then i cant really see myself playing this mod.

Offline JanCleme

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 11, 2011, 08:48:10 pm »
The repair costs fucking piss me off now. You cant make any money, and heavy armor is useless now because every time you die, you get a nice 2-3k repair bill slapped to your fucking face. I dont understand why they had to increase it. Its just retarded, and if they dont change it, then i cant really see myself playing this mod.

Same here, i cant even pay repairs of my humble armory and weapons. I did drop my leg armor away and did use only light strange armor and nasal helmet,  weapon was steel pick and fransisca + heavy board shield... repair costs was something like 1k, it is just too much to beginner. So now i dont have money to play even with these gears even one round,  need to start to play as peasant? No thank you...