Author Topic: attacked by cowardly Brootherhood  (Read 5185 times)

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
Re: attacked by cowardly Brootherhood
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2013, 03:38:54 pm »
I even worked my ass off to help broker a peace between some very stubborn Mercs and Wolves with outrageous and silly demands on both sides.

We know you and casimir did do that, thankyou, however I still remember the demands from both side, at least the official ones, or the ones presented to me. In short this is it:

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Our demand to have a shot at killing of the Bros was silly and outrageous, just asking?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline Franke

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Franke_HRE and Frankes_STF_HRE
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2013, 03:41:20 pm »
+1
NA offers more Drama these days

Wow, that escalated quickly...

Anyway, Kinn, I wasn't aware that Wolves and Bros in fact are not at war officially, so you got a point here. The nature of strat mechanics (the one with the most grinders has the most gold, troops, equip) tends to turn my view on the Strat world into a "us against them" where Wolves are "They" and Bros are "We" for me...
Quote from: Tindel
In teamspeak i like to hear all of your opinions on; beer and alcohol, chocolate chip cookies, social problems and their solutions, massmurderers, why ranged should burn in hell, hating on new maps, hating on old maps.

Offline Guray

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Geceniz esen, göğünüz bol yıldızlı olsun.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Guray
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2013, 03:55:29 pm »

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2013, 04:13:29 pm »
The point is that you still try to whitewash what happened in Strat3. Remember what you told me on Steam immediatly after the big "coming out"? That you were sorry and you claimed that, at the very least, you will not try to deny and stand for what and how you did it? This did not last very long, minutes later you were already hard had work to construct the tale of an unwilling kinngrimm being "pressured" into something he didn't want.
The world is not only black or white, it is grey(no pun intended, otherwise i would add 'without order'). Why in your and other peoples minds, can only be one of these positions be true, it is not math or binary code. In human relations, the perspective is different in how you expierence situations. I did what i did out of my own reasons. The difference is, i did saw and see your perspective and ackowledged them, why cant others care to try to put themselves into my shoes ^^.  I know that i caused pain in a way which wasnt nice and yes i appologized, also to Battalgazi back then. He was pissed, but congratulated me to a good ruse i played.

It was not even close to that. You had your backs to the wall and the war vs the Nords was going nowhere.
We were in a stalement.
I always said, it was a good chance to take a breath, but the same could be said also for you and Kapis, as you also had 2 weeks to reorganize ... well with a different appraoch perhaps in mind but still, you wouldnt have recalled every troops as the main enemy out of your perspective still was there DRZ by name.

I even asked you specifically about Hospitaller & Occitan, because after talking with Peppo & Arrowaine (which was bascially a 30min rant about what an evil SOB Loki was), I had serious doubts there would be any agreement possible. You claimed they didn't matter and the war should go on. I don't know where this sad story about the opressed small clans comes from, but it was never a topic in these talks. There was also no unwillingness on your part. You seemed very eager for it, even personally put up the agreement on googledocs to move things forward.
Well to play a ruse, you need to make it believable, we also attacked Hospitallers because of that reason, took the goods, swapped them with GO and brought back materials to Hospitallers. The players in Asugan Castle could have eysily determined the true nature of the realtions and there were some. Again Loki addmitted he always knew "as a matter of fact" that we were playing them, but couldnt do anything about it. If he didnt tell you, i dont know why.
Loki is a special character from what i have seen sofar ... but arent we all *sigh*

I think i have now perhaps the best answer on how for me betrayel is different then a ruse.

A ruse is something very short lived and also from the start intended to be as such. A Betrayel is out of a longterm relationship possible, where people did really "earn" each others trust at first and then at some point decided to go against their word they gave.

For those who have to suffer through it, there may not be a big difference, but there is defenitly one for the initiating side.

You may notice i dont do any judgment what is better or worse, both will lead to pain.

Also when people but speak about these things, they can say "I felt betrayed" in both cases, but they cant say i felt rused ^^, more likely they say : "i was tricked"

So yes i lied, tricked and played you in 3.0, but i still see no betrayel, it was a ruse.
I would have made a betrayel if i would have went with you, as at first intendet without Templars, they you may remember werent invited at first and the question where nevcer would they also help but i offered to ask them on my own(also do gain time to think things over).

We did form a good working relationship and I came to trust you again.
Remember hat I told you about that Ottoman/Merc issue and your concerns about Mercs in general! When the Apostates started that war against Wolves/CFA we were asked to participate (by both sides btw) and contemplated doing it, but among being a collosal waste of resources you did not deserver it, and especially after you left, punishing Wolves for Strat3 would have been wrong. I even worked my ass off to help broker a peace between some very stubborn Mercs and Wolves with outrageous and silly demands on both sides. In the end big turkish pride and general inactivity made it all useless. A decision I presently regret.
The story of Mercs in Strat 4 summed up. I am not saying this to trashtalk Mercs, just ask Tyr how much I kept trying to kick his ass into action.

all true and also again as meanwhile not surprsing to me anymore, with good judgment.

As a sidenote:I do remember this, first time we ever talked. But this giant army was always intended to and proceeded to head further north to help FCC vs DRZ.
I am inclined to believe you, especially as i have some trouble remembering the exact circumstances .

In my memory, the first time you came up towards Ulburban, it was "shortly before the FCC war" started. That was when we first talked. ( I did before once meet up with Loki and another dude i dont remember, where vassalge was offered to me with one village and the atmosphere was rather cold)

We have had a 3 months war then with FCC, where you at some point also came with with 8k to 10k into Merc lands and with combined efforts we, Mercs and Wolves pushed you back. That had been some nice fights. A week of constant battle and so few sleep i never ever had in any other situation.

I was told by Mercs back then repeatidly that FCC would be a Fallen plant and would get the neverending ressources from there. But as also mentioned in an earleier post, after talking to you in ts and chatting in steam, i reconsidered my preconceptions.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 04:24:04 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2013, 04:17:21 pm »
+1
ruse = betrayal

a. To give aid or information to an enemy of; commit treason against: betray one's country.
b. To deliver into the hands of an enemy in violation of a trust or allegiance: betrayed Christ to the Romans.
2. To be false or disloyal to: betrayed their cause; betray one's better nature.
3. To divulge in a breach of confidence: betray a secret.
4. To make known unintentionally: Her hollow laugh betrayed her contempt for the idea.
5. To reveal against one's desire or will.
6. To lead astray; deceive. See Synonyms at deceive.

i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Conquisitore

• Count
  • Renown: 271
  • Infamy: 74
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Balde
  • Game nicks: Kohl_Koepfer, Conquisitore, Hora, Vincent, Lasterfahrer, Kanzler
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2013, 04:22:33 pm »
+3
Amazing stories bros

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 06:25:22 pm by Conquisitore »

Offline Zaalback

• Count
  • Renown: 254
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Zaalback
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2013, 06:59:19 pm »

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2013, 08:04:36 pm »
+2
we had a nice peasent battle and great fun on TS  :D

Thanks to all for showing up and cya next time.

I am closing this thread now as the battle is done.
We can indulge more into our drama another time, if need be  :lol:.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future