Author Topic: So the call rang...  (Read 4192 times)

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
Re: So the call rang...
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2013, 01:58:12 am »
+1
You're forgetting they didn't attack you to be the big bad meany trying to take candy from a baby.  They had a reason for attacking Rindyar, but you can ignore that and pretend you're the helpless child being harassed for your candy.

At the time of the attack there had been no public announcement or acknowledgement that NH and Frisia had formed FIMBULVTR, Occitan was told after they had already attacked, retreat or NH will be at war with you. 

Would be nice if everyone just stopped with the "help help we're being repressed (sic)" bullshit and just get the fighting on (if you want to do diplomacy, try teamspeak, much more useful than the forums)

(click to show/hide)

And you're forgetting that you're a gaylord bitchbaby.

Oh wait, I'm supposed to be roleplaying.

Avast, yonder moor is a knave!

Spergnerd bitchbaby.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 02:21:34 am by Daruvian »

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • Renown: 282
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller Aztek
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2013, 03:04:01 am »
And you're forgetting that you're a gaylord bitchbaby.

Oh wait, I'm supposed to be roleplaying.

Avast, yonder moor is a knave!

Spergnerd bitchbaby.

Not sure if your trying to be over dramatic and funny, or angry and distasteful!? Either way people on here have their opinions, sometimes I don't agree but degrading someone is always a bit much. I for one have a lot of respect for Huesby and we think a like on most situations, with that being said I still don't understand why your so upset over his transparent observation on how others see things and how they project it on the forums!?

Regardless, These issue's are old, enough so that we should not be dwelling on them further.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 03:07:18 am by Aztek »

Offline Krosis

• Count
  • Renown: 166
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2013, 04:03:11 am »
Considering you have to be the one attacking to lose troops to timers, it's certainly not occitan "strategy" that made us lose those troops but our own miscalculation. I made sure to separate everything so that one could make his own mind of it all. In the case of the catapult bugs, I'm talking about the bug that made it impossible to make more catapult after the first 2 catapults were destroyed. Considering that the lack of catapults in those particular castle make attacking it a lot more deadly, it IS worth mentioning. Same with timer kills since we now know that any army bigger than 1500 for a field battle is a waste and probably won't happen unless we're desperate.

It's not LCO strategy no, but you keep mentioning this like it was your fault those troops were killed off timer.. part of it could be that but the fact that these battles have been so well defended has a lot to do with it too. Obviously rushing your armies against the great defenses is not going to be any better, and it's not going to make a difference, in fact it would have only made the battles more of a massacre. The reason I mention this is because you don't seem to be giving LCO any props for how these battles have been going on but at the same time this is understandable.

I really didn't think I had to explain that since it's pretty straightforward, Krosis. You may want to think a bit before posting if you don't know what i'm talking about and pretty much calling me a liar.

I'm not calling you a liar, I'm saying to try to hide the real numbers by throwing out "excuses", and technically that's what they are. I can understand the one battle where both armies had the gear glitch, but as far as "timer" and "catapult glitch" these types of problems happen to other clans, not just yours.

I'm just saying it doesn't seem like you're being a good sport about it. Not calling you a liar, but like I said I understand your point of view and why you would be mad about this, but even if I do remember LCO talking about their glitch against Frisia, they also gave them props.

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2013, 04:05:50 am »
(click to show/hide)

It's all for my own pointless shits and giggles m8.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2013, 04:10:59 am »
+5
You're forgetting they didn't attack you to be the big bad meany trying to take candy from a baby.  They had a reason for attacking Rindyar, but you can ignore that and pretend you're the helpless child being harassed for your candy.

I don't think you quite understand that the only faction with a halfway legitimate casus belli (reason for war) happened to be Hero Party, who had a claim on New Rindyar.  While it is legitimate, it is also disputable as the owner of the fief was not in the HP Strategus Faction and gave the castle away to FCC following a raid (which was followed by negotiations).  The owner of the castle could have kept the castle and waited for reinforcements from HP, yet they instead decided to cede the lands to the Companies.  FCC then sold the fief to Frisia, who was at the time forging an alliance with NH.

So, Hero Party decided to strike and take back their lands, they sent approximately 2,700 troops followed by some thousand Occitan troops.  Hero Party's force, lead by Shik, turned around and headed to go raid a fief in the distant edge of FCC's border.  Occitan used what could be called an alliance casus belli (for you EU3 players) and marched in instead to grab the castle for Hero Party, which was already using a faulty, disputable, reason for war.

The drama that followed was mostly just Fimbulvetr and friends calling out HP and Occitan for being the massive hypocrites that they are as they attacked a small 10 man faction under the pretense that it was, indeed, a small ten man faction.  Once they discovered that it was not as small as they had previously guessed and that they indeed had allies, they began to bitch about being outnumbered, being the under dogs, and of course this only got worse when VE jumped in for a land grab.

The point I'm trying to make is that Hero Party and Occitan's reason for attacking Frisia is arguable and is without solid backing.  Although it'd be nice to see everyone quit this "NO WE R TEH TROO UNDRDOGZ!!#11!!1!" bullshit.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Commodore_Axephante

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 38
  • Jumping with my overheads since '04
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Reidi_the_Unfettered
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2013, 04:17:17 am »
I wonder if, in the massive escalation and rush to war that happened after the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand, all of the nations that snowballed themselves into involvement were yelling:

"NO WE R TEH TROO UNDRDOGZ!!#11!!1!"

That stated, I think we should follow that historical example, and every single NA strat faction should get involved on one side or the other. Veluca did it - why shouldn't you?

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2013, 04:19:14 am »
+3
That stated, I think we should follow that historical example, and every single NA strat faction should get involved on one side or the other. Veluca did it - why shouldn't you?

Here's a better question: When are the last neutrals going to march for their wars?

The wars going on now, so now is the time to get in on it! XP FOR EVERYONE!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fringe

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Blackfist T.T
  • Game nicks: Fringe, Bane, Bane_of_Fringe
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2013, 04:24:50 am »
+1
Damn, in a war game you wouldn't expect everybody to flinch at the thought of "War."

You know what, if you happen to be a weaker faction in strat and you get wiped then you just learned how the food-chain works. One fault in this game compared to what happens in a real life situation is that in "real life" when you get wiped as a kingdom you're fucking 6 foot under and can't mumble a Goddamn word. But in this game once you get your ass kicked you post up a shit storm on the forums and you never hear the end of it. If you enter strat as a small "kingdom" then you should know the repercussions of that fact, and if you're neighbored to a larger faction then realize you might take one in the ass.

Nice to see some larger battles coming up though, (shit that I've missed every damn one.) Healthy xp for all.

By the way why do I never see all these players that everybody's claiming are in HP and all these other factions. In every war I've come across everybody pulls out these over-exaggerated statistics of how many people are in a clan. I hope they don't take all those afks as legit numbers or just use it to bitch about how unfair it is that they're getting their ass whooped. Besides HoC, I've never seen over 10-15 guys from one clan help in one of their battles.
Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2013, 04:42:31 am »
+2
Stuff

It's called propaganda, and propaganda can win wars alone.

Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2013, 06:20:44 am »
+2
Strategus wars are fought as much with swords and horses as with keyboards and arguments.  Defeat on either the field or the forums can change the outcome of the war.
Turtles

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2013, 06:45:49 am »
+2
It's not LCO strategy no, but you keep mentioning this like it was your fault those troops were killed off timer.. part of it could be that but the fact that these battles have been so well defended has a lot to do with it too. Obviously rushing your armies against the great defenses is not going to be any better, and it's not going to make a difference, in fact it would have only made the battles more of a massacre. The reason I mention this is because you don't seem to be giving LCO any props for how these battles have been going on but at the same time this is understandable.

I'm not calling you a liar, I'm saying to try to hide the real numbers by throwing out "excuses", and technically that's what they are. I can understand the one battle where both armies had the gear glitch, but as far as "timer" and "catapult glitch" these types of problems happen to other clans, not just yours.

I'm just saying it doesn't seem like you're being a good sport about it. Not calling you a liar, but like I said I understand your point of view and why you would be mad about this, but even if I do remember LCO talking about their glitch against Frisia, they also gave them props.

The timer was our fault, even if its a pretty shitty mechanic, but you youself said you had never seen the catapult glitch, so no, it only happened to us. And its a pretty crippling bug too, on that castle, with no catapults, its nothing but a massacre. And we have never taken away for Occitans performance in battle, were just trying to report and get these bugs fixed so we can have a good war. So far haven't seen any problems though, and the battles have been hella fun, nice to defend for once.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies