Author Topic: Nerf ranged  (Read 13899 times)

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
Re: Nerf ranged
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2013, 01:23:40 pm »
+1
Thing about quotas is that it is essentially a loss of freedom, and will be quite provoking to many players..

I seriously think ranged simply need a damage nerf. It's just absurd that an xbow doing as much damage as they do is so easy to use. That level of easy of use should not award that much damage, end of story. They also don't fight much in melee, their class encourages them to hide and reload. Basically moving the game away from the core concept that is melee combat.

Gameplay wise it's just a horrible class. Boring to play, boring to get killed by. (I do have an xbow alt.. Feel so dirty everytime I end a good intense duel between good players.. )

Nerf them, and nerf cav maneuver too to make up for it so cav will not grow even stronger because of it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2013, 01:39:00 pm »
I think armors need a buff, especially non loomed. I spend fucking 18k just for the body armor and i still get 3 shot by HA.
 I've also noticed that the damage bonus when you run towards ranged is quite ridiculous, I'd nerf that too.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 01:48:28 pm by darmaster »

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2013, 01:46:34 pm »
Reduce available ammo for all ranged classes.

There are less players on servers at the moment and having two stacks of +3 bodkins gives you 40 arrows which is far too many. 30 is enough. The fact you can still loot from the ground means archers never have to worry about making a shot, they can just shoot until they eventually hit. Plus having to scavenge arrows means less concentrated fire plus arrows tend to be closer to the action allowing players to close the gap more.

This will also help nerf the ridiculous HA invasion of late given they can just ride in circles shooting forever.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2013, 01:51:59 pm »
There's been a HA invasion? :o
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2013, 02:08:48 pm »
+1
When I was playing as an xbow char. with +3 Arbalest and steel bolts I could pretty much take 60 - 80% instantly from tincans.

Offline oreshy

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Braxli
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2013, 02:25:32 pm »
+4
..nerf melee. 1-2 hits my champ courser rupert.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2013, 02:56:03 pm »
+3

I seriously think ranged simply need a damage nerf. It's just absurd that an xbow doing as much damage as they do is so easy to use.

Nerf them, and nerf cav maneuver too to make up for it so cav will not grow even stronger because of it.

A 'Nerf archers' thread that would also like to nerf cav!  The nerf circle continues.  :)

Seriously though, we should specify between archers and xbows since their damage and mechanics are quite different.  That may be a lot to ask for from the "he-hit-me-before-I-could-hit-him-nerf-it club".

Offline Penitent

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2013, 03:00:13 pm »
There is a guide I put together for just this occasion.  I'm telling you I'm 13 gen shielder and I really honestly do not have much trouble at all with ranged.  Maybe it can help some of you out.

http://forum.melee.org/guides/(guide)-how-to-defend-against-archers-xbows-and-not-become-a-statistic/

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2013, 03:04:31 pm »
+1
There is a guide I put together for just this occasion.  I'm telling you I'm 13 gen shielder and I really honestly do not have much trouble at all with ranged.  Maybe it can help some of you out.

http://forum.melee.org/guides/(guide)-how-to-defend-against-archers-xbows-and-not-become-a-statistic/

Not everybody is, or wants, to be a shielder I guess, so your perspective is different than theirs.  There are pikemen, shieldless infantry etc, they are the ones having the trouble.

willy wheels, owl wheels, bogey wheels, hot wheels, mag wheels, billy cursey, mary the dyke from across the road, john the black bloke, what about stamps? teddy i shit meself, fleming house, greggers, pop-inn, don't woory - 50, i mog ka musik, t

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2013, 03:35:29 pm »
Yeah sure, we could just all just go shielders. Might as well migrate to native then..

Then again, all this is solely from my EU perspective. The balancer holding back xbow, HA and archernerfs is NA. (Shik)

The fact that there are few competent archers, xbows or HA on NA doesn't make it a weaker class.

Read your guide there.. nothing new for me there, and I can deal with 1 archer most of the time. It's the groups that give me trouble.  :P 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 03:39:26 pm by Thomek »

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2013, 03:36:30 pm »
+3
Not everybody is, or wants, to be a shielder I guess, so your perspective is different than theirs.  There are pikemen, shieldless infantry etc, they are the ones having the trouble.

My guide is for all classes.  And it works.  Did you read it and try it?

Also there are shielder a complaining in this thread too.

Also, why shouldn't 2h and pole players complain about ranged?  The day they a finally stop complaining is the day ranged has been nerfed way too far.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2013, 03:38:40 pm »

I may be wrong... dunno... but could it be that you're NA?

If so... you 'MURICANS seem to have an amount of ranged on your server which isn't even close to what we have on EU.

If you're EU... disregard everything I wrote above.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2013, 03:42:29 pm »
+2
My guide is for all classes.  And it works.  Did you read it and try it?

Also there are shielder a complaining in this thread too.

Also, why shouldn't 2h and pole players complain about ranged?  The day they a finally stop complaining is the day ranged has been needed way too far.

Shielder complaining about ranged are just nublets.  :mrgreen:

Isn't this thread going off topic:

Way too many ranged everywhere...........

now people are talking about damage nerfs, ammo nerfs etc etc.  I'm no coder or anything but isn't there a simple way to prepare some rule that says "25% of players currently on this server are ranged, fuck you, take a melee wep" when you try to equip bows/xbow/throw weps and the quota has already been met :lol: :lol:

p.s. just read Garison guide and none of the points are valid for eu servers  :wink:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 03:46:13 pm by polkafranzi »

willy wheels, owl wheels, bogey wheels, hot wheels, mag wheels, billy cursey, mary the dyke from across the road, john the black bloke, what about stamps? teddy i shit meself, fleming house, greggers, pop-inn, don't woory - 50, i mog ka musik, t

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2013, 04:29:30 pm »
How about a class gets nerfed only when it's better than the others, and not when it's weaker?

Ranged doesn't need a nerf, it needs to be buffed. Nerfing for ballance is a desease of this mod, and doesn't work in the long run. It only makes people frustrated.

Your problem is numbers, and you fix that, by changing the game design. By remaking the class in a way that the costlier builds have a natural advantage against the lighter builds, just like with melee. Because the lighter/faster/cheaper ranged has always had an advantage against the rest and that is wrong. That way, the class will keep itself in check without being weaker than other classes. Adding more glance for the highest tier armors against weaker ranged builds would help this ballance too.

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Main: Qunicy_En_Dotter; Alts: Guardian_En_Dotter; Guardian_Spiralle
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2013, 04:41:32 pm »
+2
A few nights ago i played on eu1 with ~40-50 other players. Map was some random steppe shit. Both teams used shield walls. Guess what happened? Within 1st 2 min i saw only 2 ranged kills, both killing 2h heroes that didnt follow the shield wall. After shield walls collided it was pretty much even fight. Ranged were killing, melee were killing, it was as you would say "balanced" fight. It was also really fun to play, and nobody complained except those solo wanna-be-heroes. All the rounds after that one had pretty much the same outcome - shield wall, retards get shot, after that is done teams collide and fun.
Is it just me or melee guys think they can go solo and kill them all?
Learn to comprehend the meaning of the word "team" in this game. After all when the round ends the game says "[insert color] TEAM has won the round!"
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 04:47:06 pm by En_Dotter »
Nothing is better than eternal happiness.
Eating a sandwich is better than nothing.
Therefore, eating a sandwich is better than eternal happiness.