Author Topic: Darkfall Unholy Wars  (Read 23959 times)

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
Re: Darkfall Unholy Wars
« Reply #150 on: December 18, 2012, 05:21:36 am »
I gotta work at 6am in the morning, fuck this. Won't even get to play even if it comes up in the next hour as I'll be leaving.

Oh well.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #151 on: December 18, 2012, 08:59:33 am »
IM IN QUEUE
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 18, 2012, 06:35:35 pm »
Anyone made it in yet? #18256 in queue lol, not to mention I keep getting logged out and thrown out of the queue because of it
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 07:23:49 pm by Vibe »

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #153 on: December 18, 2012, 08:20:07 pm »
The mercs already have a warhulk

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 18, 2012, 08:35:03 pm »
nm, forgot NDA
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 08:44:59 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2012, 09:50:21 pm »
nm, forgot NDA

this forum part is locked solely so we can "abuse" the NDA

I actually made it in the game but got stuck in the crowd at spawn because AV thought it was a good idea to spawn everyone at the exact same place.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 18, 2012, 10:03:21 pm »
the que system ONLY works for new characters. and even when playing on new char game is really unplayable. this is pre alpha stuff.

from what i can tell of the actual content tho it looks quite good. its a completely different game, less hardcore aimed for a more mainstream appeal. alot of darkfall 1 fans will hate the game, but the game needed more players anyway. the new tutorial is pretty impressive, its better than most mmos and darkfall1 didnt even have anything at launch.

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2012, 10:11:37 pm »
Make sure if you get in and can move, that you do the whole tutorial. Evidently if you skip parts of the tutorial, parts of the UI will not come viewable or useable.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2012, 10:14:17 pm »
the que system ONLY works for new characters. and even when playing on new char game is really unplayable. this is pre alpha stuff.

Eh eh yea, I stopped trying to log in after a few hours, this is pointless. Gonna wait for them to fix this queue and spawn stuff first.

Patience is a virtue.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
« Reply #159 on: December 18, 2012, 10:21:56 pm »
I got in after a little bit. The lag makes the game unplayable. I have over 80 FPS and lower than 60 Ping. Still so laggy I feel I'm playing on a server in Atlantis. Idk, left the game running we shall see what happens later.
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline GreasySausageSandwhich

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Flint_Beastwood, GreasySausageSandwhich, NFL_QB_AaronRodgers, etc.
« Reply #160 on: December 19, 2012, 02:59:55 am »
A tip for those of you getting stuck in the orgy at spawn:

Hit h to rest then try and move out of the pile.  Worked twice for me.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 20, 2012, 07:20:12 am »
game runs ok now when servers are up, they seem to be doing a decent job patching. beta is now playable but still beta.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 20, 2012, 07:45:07 am »
Actually had some play time yesterday, made that dwarf race character, only to be stuck inside their underground mountain base due to not being able to complete a tutorial - I'm supposed to use the workbench to craft some wood shit, but all the workbenches are outside the damn mountain, so FML. Summon didn't work.

Anyone know the command to file a ticket/contact GM?

Otherwise, as a first time DF player and just judging from the tutorial, it seems like a fun game. Melee feels and looks wonky, but that might be just because I'm used to the superior M&B melee combat. Still, I can see this is going to be fun to play in PvP and the DF forums are fucking lol as well. Good drama inevitable.

Only real concern now I have is what kind of a grind will there be.

Oh just noticed the patch notes. I really like how much they're communicating with their players regarding the beta. That's a good step to being a reliable company.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 08:19:04 am by Vibe »

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #163 on: December 20, 2012, 01:56:10 pm »
Actually had some play time yesterday, made that dwarf race character, only to be stuck inside their underground mountain base due to not being able to complete a tutorial - I'm supposed to use the workbench to craft some wood shit, but all the workbenches are outside the damn mountain, so FML. Summon didn't work.

Otherwise, as a first time DF player and just judging from the tutorial, it seems like a fun game. Melee feels and looks wonky, but that might be just because I'm used to the superior M&B melee combat. Still, I can see this is going to be fun to play in PvP and the DF forums are fucking lol as well. Good drama inevitable.

Oh just noticed the patch notes. I really like how much they're communicating with their players regarding the beta. That's a good step to being a reliable company.

df1 , even with its flaws , was the only mmo i had fun with .
hope dfuw is following this direction , tasos is communicating so it's a good thing cause i have never see him spamming the forum like now lol.
the community is an hardcore version of crpg , a troll is a masterwork troll and dramas are funny like no others.
love you tacos.
ah if you are in eu add George Clooney  :mrgreen:

Offline GreasySausageSandwhich

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Flint_Beastwood, GreasySausageSandwhich, NFL_QB_AaronRodgers, etc.
« Reply #164 on: December 20, 2012, 07:24:42 pm »

I don't think they have a ticket system just yet.  Your best bet is to post on the forums, or to wait for an inevitable wipe (which will probably occur in the next few days).

Also, yes, Forumfall is the next best multiplayer experience next to Darkfall.

--------------

I've had a lot of fun with what little beta I've been able to play. 

-With some tweaking and added customization the new UI will be fantastic I think (though I would honestly prefer the old bag/bank system).

-The whole momentum thing feels kind of strange right now, and will take some getting used to.  I hope the momentum I feel in the mouse isn't part of this system and is just a bug...If this is intended it's crap.  It feels like really bad mouse smoothing.

-I'm really loving the new role system.  This will SIGNIFICANTLY reduce the grind needed to get to a competitive level in pvp.  My early estimates for a role to be maxed somewhat casually would be about a month give or take?  Even then, no one knows exactly what grand effects actually maxing every skill in your role will bring other than a few points of damage and whatnot.  Too early to tell.

If they keep up this pace of updating and this line of communication that I have never seen from this company,  this release is going to go places.