Author Topic: Star Citizen  (Read 112068 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 2201
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #315 on: January 11, 2014, 12:41:04 am »
+1
So let me just get 1 thing right. All Star Citizen is about is building your own spaceship and being in spaceship fights? Is that all?

Actually it's a lot less. Move along, nothing to see here. And take your Miley Circus with you.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #316 on: January 11, 2014, 02:15:27 am »
Well, it's not that easy. Personally, I think Chris Roberts really wants to make the best space combat game ever. However, he hasn't made anything in a long while, and I'm not sure if he can really pull it off. Also, it seems some of their decisions are a bit strange, e.g. focusing on facial animations and dynamic character animations is not something I would give priority in a space sim game. And last but not least, the time and budget they allocate for their ships seems...excessive. Sure, they look great, but they don't look several-man-years great. But hey, it seems to work, you have to give him that. Making 30+ millions by selling a dream certainly makes him an exceptional being.

All that said I still hope for the best, and not only because I already paid him money. We need a good new space game.

Facial animations, okay I see your point, but character animations is part of the game. When you board a capital ship, it will be a first person shooter. Also there will be a planetary part of the game. If you want to know what is slated to be in game, look at the funding goals that have been reached.
http://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 11, 2014, 02:23:49 am »
Facial animations, okay I see your point, but character animations is part of the game. When you board a capital ship, it will be a first person shooter. Also there will be a planetary part of the game. If you want to know what is slated to be in game, look at the funding goals that have been reached.
http://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

Then why didn't you guys say anything about it....made it seem like a retarded space pilot fighter boring wannabe EVE game.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 11, 2014, 04:08:26 am »
Facial animations, okay I see your point, but character animations is part of the game. When you board a capital ship, it will be a first person shooter. Also there will be a planetary part of the game.

That's not my point. My point is that in a space game, maybe they should first work on, you know, actually flying around with spaceships? And shooting? But I guess it's more important that the foot is correctly angle on a slope and that you can sit on the toilet and open the shower cabinet in your ship.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #319 on: January 11, 2014, 04:17:00 am »
+5
That's not my point. My point is that in a space game, maybe they should first work on, you know, actually flying around with spaceships? And shooting? But I guess it's more important that the foot is correctly angle on a slope and that you can sit on the toilet and open the shower cabinet in your ship.

In your opinion that is, I'm only interested in finding out if I'll be able to take a shit in my space toilet.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 11, 2014, 04:25:04 am »

You know that a studio consists of multiple teams working on various aspects of a game simultaneously right? The dogfighting module is already being worked on, wasn't quite where they wanted it, and so it hasn't been released. If the models and animations for that part are already done, and it is the physics that is being worked on, your graphics artist and animator can't do anything to help you there. So they do what is next on the to-do list.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 11, 2014, 04:40:32 am »
+1
You know that a studio consists of multiple teams working on various aspects of a game simultaneously right? The dogfighting module is already being worked on, wasn't quite where they wanted it, and so it hasn't been released. If the models and animations for that part are already done, and it is the physics that is being worked on, your graphics artist and animator can't do anything to help you there. So they do what is next on the to-do list.

Yeah, I guess we'll leave it at that. I hope you are right.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 11, 2014, 03:56:50 pm »
You're fun and sarcastic Berenger, but I hope you know you're bullshitting to the max?

I think behind your words you are a hard to convince gamer, maybe you underestimate Star Citizen, maybe you are a prophet in his own right, time will tell!

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
  • Count the feathers on my Deli Cap!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans (GK)
  • Game nicks: GK_BattalGazi
  • IRC nick: BattalGazi
« Reply #323 on: January 11, 2014, 04:49:01 pm »
+2
Hey I bought the game package today ! yay

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #324 on: January 11, 2014, 05:54:13 pm »
welcome to the squad, pew pew!

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #325 on: January 11, 2014, 06:02:25 pm »
+1
i really like the fan-art&fiction and modding forum sections on the SC-Website ... serveral good reads and lookers there , alot of fun .. we should have this in cRPG or Melee :D
btw .. nice pic there Ikarus, looks like from thius crazy russian designer (forgot the name) .. eventhough no SC ship =P
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 11, 2014, 07:10:34 pm »
Then why didn't you guys say anything about it....made it seem like a retarded space pilot fighter boring wannabe EVE game.

On that note, it will have real physics, ie in a vacuum. None of this "I'm flying through space but my ship maneuvers as though it is in an atmosphere" bullshit.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2966
  • Infamy: 202
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 11, 2014, 08:17:59 pm »
You're fun and sarcastic Berenger, but I hope you know you're bullshitting to the max?

I think behind your words you are a hard to convince gamer, maybe you underestimate Star Citizen, maybe you are a prophet in his own right, time will tell!

A year ago, I was trying so hard to explain Berenger why SC is such glorious concept. All the time he was, nah man that shit's boring, CoD all the way. Now when they got over 35 million dollar and every gaming newspaper is mentioning Star Citizen on monthly basis, he's suddenly interested...

I'll sell my own package if he buys one.

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #328 on: January 11, 2014, 11:10:59 pm »
A year ago, I was trying so hard to explain Berenger why SC is such glorious concept. All the time he was, nah man that shit's boring, CoD all the way. Now when they got over 35 million dollar and every gaming newspaper is mentioning Star Citizen on monthly basis, he's suddenly interested...

I'll sell my own package if he buys one.
And .. who cares ?  :rolleyes:
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 602
  • Infamy: 2000
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 11, 2014, 11:58:52 pm »
I care.