Poll

Put weapons back before this patch screwed them

Change the weapons back to the way they were. Weapon speeds same, The right swing back to normal when everything was fine. Hitslash isn't an issue if you can block
88 (54.7%)
Keep it the same slow ass pathetic speed, So it lowers the amount of skill needed to play. Slower speed=Less skill? I think So
73 (45.3%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Author Topic: Patch That ruined skill in game/weapons  (Read 7133 times)

Offline BootyBuster

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Patch That ruined skill in game/weapons
« on: January 04, 2012, 12:15:30 am »
Same as before, but taken down for no reason.

Weapons patch making the game easier for casual gamers instead of having them get better and more skilled

Lowering the speed of right swings changing crap in the game and watering it down. Skill based game turning into funfun easy mode for noobies. You wanna get good? Practice play thats how you get good. Not nerfing the weapon speeds and shit
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 12:17:27 am by BootyBuster »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: Patch That ruined skill in game/weapons
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 12:19:35 am »
Mod is dead

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline SquishMitten

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Mew, Kitty + many more
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 12:27:31 am »
Hitslash isn't an issue if you can block
Great logic, nothing is an issue if you can block

In memory of Merciless_Mew, member of Merciless, ruler of Istiniar

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 12:28:47 am »
+10
I sense rage in this post, especially in the poll. Although this may not be the way to get attention to the issue, I do agree. With the increase of skill, which has been huge over the past year, this game has become a blockfest.

While longer than 10 sec fights were rarely seen a year ago, they are the norm now. Everyone can block, the average player can almost block me indefinitely when he focuses on defending. This is indirectly a great buff to ranged and cavalry, and a great nerf to shielders.

Buff to cavalry and ranged, because the melee take up way more of eachothers times and have more time to shoot and kill unaware infantry. A nerf to shielder cause having autoblock isn´t all that useful anymore.

Still, the devs persist in making this game slower in every patch. Now they even make the game slower to prevent one of the few things that could break up a blocking match, the hiltslash. It wasn´t actually that easy to do and was a nice thing to learn after you learn to block to make you have the edge over the average player. The percentage of people that could actually confidently do it in battle was very small, and they deserved it.

The whole nerf mentality should stop now. If something is overpowered, buff the rest, or just speed up the game as a whole. There is too high average skill for this speed.

Maybe instead of saying no to speeding up, the potential gamebreakers if the speed gets increased should get fixed. Slow down the 1h leftslash and speed up the other directions. The current leftslashspam is dumb and unnecesarry, as the devs seem to be able to modify every animation´s speed individually. And then speed up the whole game.

Offline BootyBuster

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 12:36:32 am »
Great logic, nothing is an issue if you can block

It is great logic since a Dev said the change was due to hitslashing. Which if You're good or decent you can just block a left then a right swing. Not correct? So try again. The answer isn't lowering the speed so SOME people can deal with it, It's getting better by playing.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 01:06:07 am »
+2
If you can't land a hit on someone without your precious hiltslash or without abusing your weapon's range, seriously, L2P.

There's no player that won't drop for a good combination of feints and holds. Even Jaako. Even those IG perfect blocker freaks.

Offline BootyBuster

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 01:10:36 am »
If you can't land a hit on someone without your precious hiltslash or without abusing your weapon's range, seriously, L2P.

There's no player that won't drop for a good combination of feints and holds. Even Jaako. Even those IG perfect blocker freaks.

Yes yes we know this it is common sense for the decent player. But skill is lowered by lowering the speed of swings. It was fine before. Me and tons of people have killed thousands by feints, footwork holds all kinds of shit. I do hitslash if someone i'm fighting does it. And it's not even that good. I perfer getting behide someone and landing a headshot. all kinds of different shit
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 01:11:56 am by BootyBuster »

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 01:18:39 am »
+7
Fair poll. Congratulations.

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 01:23:27 am »
use left swing?
oh you right !

hahahahahahaha :lol: :lol:
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline robert_namo

• Count
  • Renown: 170
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I don't understand.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis "of the Stars"
  • Game nicks: Robert_Namo_Astralis
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 01:29:58 am »
+1
Hiltslash is still in, depending on your angle on the player, it is an instant hit. To me I would be glad if they removed it because I was killed by people doing that to me and even though I gave them a challenge it is stupid that they can swing 2 times when I really should have a chance to swing back. I use a nodachi and speed doesn't really bother me.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 01:53:52 am »
And I say unto you GTFO!

L2P noobful nonces.

Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 01:57:22 am »
Have started to spend some more time on native again and it really has reminded me how easy duelling in cRPG is in some ways. Even the best feints with a 2h for a while unfortunately have been very easy to block. Lolstabbing and all that other stuff in native might be kind of silly but it actually gives you a chance to get past even the very best players block just by feinting. Most of the "highlevel" 2h players in cRPG would probably fall in seconds for top native players feints. Anyway don't meant to be too elitist but i just kind of dislike how useless it has become agains't good players,  duels mostly end now by kicks, reach, holds, chambers, spamming and feinting is almost unviable. I haven't even tryed playing yet after this nerf or whatever and don't even exactly know what it's about, im mainly a 1h myself, just seems kind of silly to me to be making blocking even easier. (atleast as i understood from the forum that this is what this patch in some way does :P)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 02:34:53 pm by Cyber »

Offline Alexander_TheGreat_

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
  • Please, its just a Phase in my life
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar(F)union
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 02:05:55 am »
buff,nerf,buff,nerf,buff,nerf. If you keep removing stuffs like lolstabs and hiltslash, is all this cRPG thing getting boring. cRPG is getting more and more like native. I bet that 2handers are getting tired of being nerfed. So if you really want to nerf something, u should try to go and nerf the backbedalling with the polearms and polestuns aswell. I can own with 1 wpf in polearm while backbedalling.

Buff 2handers, else me and phyrex is going polearm with 9 ath. :evil: :evil: :evil: (This is a threat)

Mod is once again alive and kicking!!!

lullululu while writing "mod-is-dead" it turns into Mod is once again alive and kicking!!! How low can u go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox-lfowevqA
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 02:07:50 am by Alexander_TheGreat_ »
I never join a clan twice, I am the most loyal player ever
I am asian I am strong
I am a Kalmar for these 2 weeks
I am cute, I am sexy
I am Phase!

Offline yedrellow

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 04:46:34 am »
+1
I agree with the intentions behind this change, while few of you know me, I am considered the best , or near to, active blocker in the Australian community. People keep referencing 'good blockers' as people who take no issue with instant slashes. This is mildly true, but not for the reason you suspect. Above 60ish ping, the right swing insta-slashes certainly did (not sure if they still do) become near instant. Decent blockers are far more likely to drop a hit because of things like instant slashes, thud slashes or glitching through player models (latency induced) than any combination of feints and holds. Sure, a lower right swing speed makes it difficult, but decent players will adjust accordingly.

Clarification: People who are 'good blockers' generally try to move such that instant slashes are impossible on them in the first place

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kekeeke
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 05:16:04 am »
castoring needed to go, but this is a bad bandaid fix

im still amazed at how slow crpg is yet how you can castor... native is much faster and you cant castor there, still trying to figure how thats possible :? :?:s

its funny how cprg admins hate melee lol, everything to make the game easier by just making weapon speed in the game 90 instead of the 95+ it was before AND also removing agility weapon speed increase :lol:

now lets put a delay on the right swing, herp derp