Author Topic: 2H spammer or polearm spammer?  (Read 3975 times)

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
Re: 2H spammer or polearm spammer?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 11:43:19 am »
for me the best polearm spam weapons are the hafted blade family (long hafted and hafted blade)
theyv got good damage damage speed and reach who have no reason to envy the best polearms
I'll have to disagree with you joseph on reach. Eventhough their stats show better reach. Many posts have shown that the way polearms are held make them shorter then swords.
Someone actually told that the type of swing will affect the reach of your weapon (cant recall the stats but the right swing is the attack type that makes you lose the less reach).
the polearm that outreaches 2h swords is the glaive (thats not including the support poles
such as pike, long spear, english bill)

if you want to go polearm here is my opinion on a few of them.

I tend to bring two polearms in battle. A kind of personnal, spammable weapon for 1v1 and a nasty long powerful polearm good for support.

hafted blade : nasty piece og weapon. Decent damage ans speed, you can spam the shit out of most average players.
I use it often when im on horseback, the low repair costs compesates the 1k repair cost of my horse. It also is good when you get dehorsed, the enemy will try to gang rape you cuz they'r kill hungry and will be surprise when your up and spamming in all directions!

Glaive : good damage, awesome reach. I tend actually to use it as a support weapon. I thrust  from behind  teammates. Enemy will focus on his direct opponents and youll stay out of reach to hit him by surprise. You can tell me that pike is more effective for that sutff, but glaive offers you 4 attack directions vor variety or you cant ger much speed bonus in for thrust and/or glance

bec de cordbin : fast and piercing damage!

Great long axe : badass weapon, 46 cut ( if i remember correctly) its weight stuns the shit out of anyone. I recommend it with high wpf

elegant poleaxe: jack of all trades master of none, decent damage (on swing and thrust) decent reach good speed...a decent weapon

english bill : mah bebah! Great piercing damage, awesome reach. In clusterfucks this weapon with bring me to the top!
The reach surprises most players giving you hits on aware players but beleiving they out of range.
With is aesome pierce damage + stun+ reach the enemy stands no chance in clusterfucks.
Youll be the one taking out  the rampaging two hander going on a killing spree in the middle of your lines

its up to you to combine polearms to make you the ideal support dude on the battlefield and be able to defend yourself in a 1v1

extra tips : 2handers have diffuclty chambering the hafted blade family.
Feints are far more effective when your a 2h swordsmen. Its easier to see a polz coming
chambering a good 2hander is useless. Hell still have time to block

this my opinion

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 11:55:09 am »
LHB is great to spam with.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2011, 12:14:06 pm »
Glaive is the ultimate weapon, does the same damage as a 2h, has longer reach, has pole stun and can easily be used in both duels and battles.

Probably the best all round weapon in the game at the moment and one to consider if you really want to "spam"
Turtles

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2011, 01:20:10 pm »
A polearm spammer might be more effective, due to the longer duration of the Stun effect after hit, comparing to 2 handers. Thats why you might see a lot of players ingame using Hafted Blade, or Long Hafted Blade, Glaive, or fast Staves, in order to "Stunlock" an opponent, which disregard being extremely lame, it's really effective.

Cheers.

This. Polearms are better at spamming, because the stun reduces the time window for blocking even more.

Apart from this, 2h are overall better duelling weapons because of their animations, which are harder to block, make feints easier and give more reach. When a polearm spammer faces an aware 2h duellist, the 2h duellist wins. But it requires some attention effort from him.

However, polearms are usually better support weapons. The 2h stab is very good for group fights because of the reach, long active time and very good damage, but lack the polestun, which is really what you want when you have friends around. On a side note, it is easier to avoid teamwounding with 2h stab than polearm stab with it's retarded hitbox. Furthermore, many long 2h don't do any backhit on overhead swings (I don't think greatswords do backhits but I'm not sure), unlike all the good polearms.

Offline Nezteb

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Let me see your face...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_Nezteb, The_Blind_Monk
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2011, 01:46:15 pm »
I prefer fast staves because of the (balanced) knockdown added to the spamability (range, damage, and polearm stun). With 8 athletics and, assuming you have it, 8 weapon master with all of your weapon proficiency pumped into polearm, you are an incredibly fast support who can knockdown enemies and, if nothing else, stunlock them. You also do blunt damage, which makes you all the more useful.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 01:47:37 pm by Nezteb »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2011, 04:00:25 pm »
I prefer fast staves because of the (balanced) knockdown added to the spamability (range, damage, and polearm stun). With 8 athletics and, assuming you have it, 8 weapon master with all of your weapon proficiency pumped into polearm, you are an incredibly fast support who can knockdown enemies and, if nothing else, stunlock them. You also do blunt damage, which makes you all the more useful.

As ridiculous as it sounds, the iron staff is incredibly powerful.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2011, 05:53:21 pm »
I find 2h swords better for siege, because you have lots of tight spots, and poles seem to bounce more often in very close combat.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Xelaris

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2011, 06:53:42 pm »
Damn support, i want to be birdman!

Offline asheme

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 07:54:51 pm »
I find 2h swords better for siege, because you have lots of tight spots, and poles seem to bounce more often in very close combat.
This is true. The minimum distance thing with polearms can get annoying in tight spaces.

Offline Rangerbob

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rangerbob
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2011, 05:18:55 pm »
Agreed the iron staff is pretty redic.  I see cascade use it all the time and he destroys people with polestun and its sheer speed.  Don't forget that some 2h weapons like the warcleaver  morningstar stun as well.