Offline Mustikki

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
Re: Itemized Heirloom Thread (Completed)
« Reply #150 on: March 21, 2011, 05:22:03 pm »
Sad to hear you don't have time to play cRPG anymore, but good to hear you haven't given up gaming yet and good luck and successions with the game your developing :)

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 22, 2011, 11:02:12 pm »
Thanks for the good work and good luck with your own game! Maybe post a link or something, should be interesting...

I might get around to finishing the extraction script, once the new patch is available. Not very motivated ATM, though...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Lamix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 23, 2011, 02:12:26 am »
hehe cheers fellas not gone totally, sure i'll be around here and there, me and 2 friends are creating a game using the unity3d game engine and using electro server backend to optimize the networking, we've been working on it everyother day for 2weeks now and we've made a login system that talks from the game engine upto the server and does a sql query to check it, uses a basic ingame gui to get the input data, so thats all working as we want atm, we have movement done 3rd person view and as many people as we want can login and be seen ingame and move around with collision, so its going pretty well so far, my attempts at modelling are much to be desired but i'm learning that as we move along so i can only get better, but its definatly fun to see what goes into making a game and theres definiatly a lot of hair pulling when things just don't go as you want debugging is a bitch. if we ever get a build that we keep for more then an hour i'll post one up sometimes when we have a chat system inplace :D

Offline Garrus

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Imperial Potato Peeler
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Vakarian, GK_Garrus, Puncinella, GK_DrZoidberg
  • IRC nick: Garrus
« Reply #153 on: March 23, 2011, 04:03:26 am »
hehe cheers fellas not gone totally, sure i'll be around here and there, me and 2 friends are creating a game using the unity3d game engine and using electro server backend to optimize the networking, we've been working on it everyother day for 2weeks now and we've made a login system that talks from the game engine upto the server and does a sql query to check it, uses a basic ingame gui to get the input data, so thats all working as we want atm, we have movement done 3rd person view and as many people as we want can login and be seen ingame and move around with collision, so its going pretty well so far, my attempts at modelling are much to be desired but i'm learning that as we move along so i can only get better, but its definatly fun to see what goes into making a game and theres definiatly a lot of hair pulling when things just don't go as you want debugging is a bitch. if we ever get a build that we keep for more then an hour i'll post one up sometimes when we have a chat system inplace :D

I made a server-client networking package (tcp) in java not so long ago
with an own RPC system, message queues with modifiable priorities for incoming and outgoing requests
on the serverside.
it also emulates client-client connection, but it goes through the server, because
it was intended to be a real money game, so safety was important.
They cancelled the job, so I kept the source for myself.

You can program the behavior either on server or client side, and the remote calls
can be called exactly the same way like in the case of local objects. You handle opponent's
player object in code exactly as yours.
You can do asynchron and synchron calls, like:
e.g. String oppName = table.getOpponentName(), which will block the execution until the server returns the value;

you can connect any of your objects to the framework, and you can control them with priorities.
e.g. player movement is priority 1, but chat text is priority 4. (now smaller is higher)
Its important to note, that if a high priority job is pending, the server keeps working with other requests.
It uses a threadpool, it is a robust thing.
The server communicates with an SQL server, where users' data are stored.
You still looking for help ? Or at least interested in the networking library I wrote ?

Creating a class with some remotely implemented function doesn't last longer than
implement those functions locally. The framework hides everything, you only have
to add an annotation to the interface to sign it goes through RPC .
One single annotation. safe and fast. i can show demo:p

Offline Devestater

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Devestater
« Reply #154 on: March 29, 2011, 12:09:09 am »
OK. so i have a heavy warhammer. Was about to retire... according to this page gen2 heirloom makes warhammer 101spd 34blnt etc.. but when i went to retire.. heavy warhammer goes from 99spd 34blnt 20prc to scary warhammer 97spd 35blnt 23prc. what is going on? anyone with answers? i want to retire.
mess with the best... die like the rest!

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #155 on: March 29, 2011, 01:19:30 am »
OK. so i have a heavy warhammer. Was about to retire... according to this page gen2 heirloom makes warhammer 101spd 34blnt etc.. but when i went to retire.. heavy warhammer goes from 99spd 34blnt 20prc to scary warhammer 97spd 35blnt 23prc. what is going on? anyone with answers? i want to retire.
What it lists in this thread is the correct values, on the heirloom selection screen it shows incorrectly.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Devestater

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Devestater
« Reply #156 on: March 29, 2011, 01:34:48 am »
Thanks so much. You were right. Just retired and chose scary warhammer. Went to weapons list. actually have a balanced warhammer with the values specified in the thread. thanks again for the fast reply. :)
mess with the best... die like the rest!

Offline PolePot

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: PolePot_BRD. Squatfurdt. TommyTheCat. CooKuu_Zuulu.
« Reply #157 on: March 29, 2011, 05:05:59 pm »
So the boar spear goes from 87 speed on second heirloom to 99 on 3rd? that seems completely insane. Wondering if that's a typo that slipped by because the boar spear is useless, and thus never gets looked at.
ZUUULUUUUUU!!!!

Offline LLJK_Brolocaust

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 03, 2011, 08:25:55 am »
I just bought a courser but it's not showing up in my list of heirloomable items. My current character has 0 riding skill, do I need riding skill to heirloom a horse or is the server lagging?

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #159 on: April 03, 2011, 08:47:14 am »
You need the 4 in riding to loom it.  Looks like next retirement then :( !

willy wheels, owl wheels, bogey wheels, hot wheels, mag wheels, billy cursey, mary the dyke from across the road, john the black bloke, what about stamps? teddy i shit meself, fleming house, greggers, pop-inn, don't woory - 50, i mog ka musik, t

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #160 on: April 05, 2011, 01:54:49 pm »
Are the stats of throwing axes, in secondary mode, getting better with more heirloom stages?
If yes how much?

Do they have bonus against shield in secondary mode too?
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 58
  • Is that all you've got!?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 1%
  • Game nicks: Occitan_SHinOCk, Occitan_Baz, Derp_In_A_Can, Disease_Infested_Cum_Bucket, The_Long_Dick_Of_The_Law
  • IRC nick: SHinOCk
« Reply #161 on: April 07, 2011, 07:24:36 pm »
i was wondering, is this a typo or does the boar spear really jump from 87 to 99 speed rating at gen 3???
While you burn at the stake, i dance with the flames

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #162 on: April 07, 2011, 10:24:46 pm »
Its a typo, the item file says 88 speed.

also throwing axes do have better stats in melee after heirlooming.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 10:32:19 pm by Senni__Ti »

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fenris
  • Game nicks: Eldest
« Reply #163 on: April 09, 2011, 02:52:35 am »
on the site it says req for 1. sniper xbow heirloom goes up from 15 to 16 though no other weapon seems to go up in reqs...any ideas if the site is right?

edit: k, think the site is wrong as the damage is stated as 100 xD
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 02:58:16 am by Nihtgenga »

Offline Mustang_Sweets

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Avid rum drinker.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Companies of Caldaria (Bridge Burners)
  • Game nicks: Stang_the_Swilling
« Reply #164 on: April 13, 2011, 04:52:27 pm »
According to the stats posted here the short arming sword ends up being better then the scottish sword by 1 point of length... WHAT IS THIS!!

Scottish sword
(click to show/hide)

Short Arming Sword

(click to show/hide)

Devs., we love to hate you and yet still love you. But, please figure out an heirloom system where some weapons don't get screwed over.

P.S.
(click to show/hide)
I wear armor to protect myself from team mates.

That's right I am the beast master. Now, prepare to be tamed bitches!