Author Topic: Katana's Thrust  (Read 8212 times)

Offline Team_Jacob

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Katana's Thrust
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2011, 03:14:51 pm »
Long hafted blade has more pierce, hurr durr.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2011, 03:46:26 pm »
I never ever will use an Katana but i have tears in my eyes when some people i really like have to fight with this horrible weapon because thats their style.
Miaodao Nodachi etc. are all very good weapons so that miaodao already gets used by european knights which looks a bit silly. So this exotic weapon argument doesnt fit cause Katana is one of the few that are really fucked up.
Either give Katana more cut ore raise stab to at least 20 Pierce.

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2011, 04:41:42 pm »
Short weapons have thrust advantage over long weapons in CQC, you stab with the katana, you can stab closer without bounce

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2011, 04:51:06 pm »
Short weapons have thrust advantage over long weapons in CQC, you stab with the katana, you can stab closer without bounce
ehm..no. You cant stab with the katana without bounce the range doesnt matter

Offline Team_Jacob

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 05:08:45 pm »
+1
I never ever will use an Katana but i have tears in my eyes when some people i really like have to fight with this horrible weapon because thats their style.
Miaodao Nodachi etc. are all very good weapons so that miaodao already gets used by european knights which looks a bit silly. So this exotic weapon argument doesnt fit cause Katana is one of the few that are really fucked up.
Either give Katana more cut ore raise stab to at least 20 Pierce.

Annoying isn't it?

What's worse, seeing tincans with miadao/nodachi or ninjas with longswords/bastard swords? Cause with the current melee balance, that's how it is. The high str tincans want someone fast, long, and has high cut damage. The ninjas want something that is fast, with reasonable length, that has good cut damage for soft targets, and a nice high dmg pierce for tin cans.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2011, 05:34:00 pm »
Anybody remember when the No-dachi had a 16p thrust with pole arm animation? looool good times.

17-19p imo, so it's still relatively useless but can atleast hurt those pesky peasants.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 05:35:10 pm »
+4
Katana last got nerfed because we had once one member, who started a completely unreasonable discussion in the forums to buff the katana into something insane.. It got nerfed because Fasader got annoyed on his silly trolling. After the event, said player left the clan and cRPG altogether.

I was away for those few days or I would have stopped him before he managed to make a fool of himself.

Anyway, dear Fasader, I think we have been collectively been punished enough. Ninja clan member will always have restrictions on what gear to use, and we are quite frustrated because our weapon of choice is not on-par with most other middle to high-end weapons. What we ask is for, is for it to have stats comparable to other 2 handers.. More cut, +2 and a thrust that isn't nearly suicidal. (Nowadays, a bounce on a thrust with the stun is suicidal) 20p would be reasonable. (And feel free to remove the ability to use katana with shield and on horse. Nobody uses it like that, and there are much better options anyway)

If there won't be a buff, I would appreciate some reasoning for why the katana stays like it is, so we can stop these endless whine posts, and not waste anymore time on it.

--------------
Katana as it is now:
weapon length: 95
weight: 1.3
difficulty: 9
speed rating: 101
thrust damage: 16 pierce
swing damage: 35 cut
slots: 2

Suggestion:
Buffed Katana
thrust damage: 20 pierce
swing damage: 37 cut

Just to compare it with something:
Heavy Bastard Sword for half the price
weapon length: 105
weight: 2
difficulty: 10
speed rating: 98
thrust damage: 23 pierce
swing damage: 36 cut
Secondary Mode

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Roran Hawkins

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hedge Knight
  • Game nicks: Roran
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2011, 12:14:45 am »
+1
You are right, I can't gain any money with my samurai character cause I get giganormous repair bills for the katana, and when I accidentally stab in a melee fight, I'm dead. The katana should get a higher stab (20-22 pierce) or at least a (good) price decrease...

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2011, 12:32:11 am »
Katana last got nerfed because we had once one member, who started a completely unreasonable discussion in the forums to buff the katana into something insane.. It got nerfed because Fasader got annoyed on his silly trolling. After the event, said player left the clan and cRPG altogether.

I was away for those few days or I would have stopped him before he managed to make a fool of himself.

Anyway, dear Fasader, I think we have been collectively been punished enough. Ninja clan member will always have restrictions on what gear to use, and we are quite frustrated because our weapon of choice is not on-par with most other middle to high-end weapons. What we ask is for, is for it to have stats comparable to other 2 handers.. More cut, +2 and a thrust that isn't nearly suicidal. (Nowadays, a bounce on a thrust with the stun is suicidal) 20p would be reasonable. (And feel free to remove the ability to use katana with shield and on horse. Nobody uses it like that, and there are much better options anyway)

If there won't be a buff, I would appreciate some reasoning for why the katana stays like it is, so we can stop these endless whine posts, and not waste anymore time on it.

--------------
Katana as it is now:

Suggestion:
Buffed Katana

Secondary Mode

+1 but onyl 36 cut i dont think it should go higher or all spamtards come back to katana.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2011, 02:33:07 am »
I don't get it either. It's suicide to use a katana with 9 str.

Its really not suicide, i've got a 1:1 KD on my 9 str +rest agi alt and hes not even lvl 30 yet, just have to pick your targets and not be a complete fucktard.

Its not what you want for a clan fight but my god its funny on the duel server or for making stupid flanking attacks on the edge of the map.
Turtles

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2011, 03:11:48 am »
+1

--------------
Katana as it is now:

Suggestion:
Buffed Katana

Secondary Mode

As much as my wee-a-boo hating self cries out, your post makes too good of an argument for me to deny.

You, sir, earn a +1!
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2011, 02:17:07 pm »
But then you have another problen. You have to adjust some other weapons as well.

Offline Roran Hawkins

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hedge Knight
  • Game nicks: Roran
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2011, 02:17:46 pm »
+1 but onyl 36 cut i dont think it should go higher or all spamtards come back to katana.

I think it deserves more cutting damage then the bastard swords because it was mainly a cutting weapon, and 1 point of damaeg won't encourage so many people to go katana again, because they can you a 2 meter giant lolsword which is only a little bit slower.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2011, 04:17:59 pm »
+1
Its really not suicide, i've got a 1:1 KD on my 9 str +rest agi alt and hes not even lvl 30 yet, just have to pick your targets and not be a complete fucktard.

Its not what you want for a clan fight but my god its funny on the duel server or for making stupid flanking attacks on the edge of the map.

okay, but you are one of the best players dear Casimir.. (!)

Now whats yout K:D with your other sword?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2011, 12:36:33 am »

Katana as it is now: