Author Topic: So about that banner balancer........  (Read 6026 times)

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
Re: So about that banner balancer........
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2011, 10:01:45 am »
Was playing a bit in the ATS server and did notice the domination mentioned here.  Teamwork with randoms isn't too difficult, just look for someone who looks like they know what their doing and steal their kills give them ranged support.  It's not like most people want to lose, I am seeing tons of teamwork going on from the supposed 'unorganized mob.'  A lot of it isn't spoken, but it's definitely team work like when some guy wasn't making much of an effort to close the distance to me, rather circling around to make me run out in the open.  I think it was teamwork anyway, pretty sure he was aware archers get tunnel vision and can't hear horses until they're like 3 feet away.

The only team orders I see that never works on the mob is the suggestion to hold position.  Someone tried it for four rounds because we were getting slaughtered by cavalry.  Next round, half the team was out in the field again.  Hilarious.   :D

Anyway I agree with a comment posted in the thread earlier - it just adds a nice new dimension to the game. 
-idlewind

Offline krampe

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Count Palatine of the Rhine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pony
  • Game nicks: krampe and the moons
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2011, 12:22:35 pm »
I see dumb people and they don't know they are dumb!

If can't break the ATS stack ownage lead to whine by losers domination gold farm streak, change your banner to ATS banner.
It's up to you, they can't force you to not use it and they still got the chance to play together.
I saw suprisingly many yellow people lasttime HRE did a 10 rounds streak :P
Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2011, 12:28:39 pm »
Thats exactly what i would do ;)
Just change your Banner.

Offline Thomas Dixon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Order Of The Lance
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order Of The Lance
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2011, 01:45:28 pm »
Their our a lot of good clan the problem is the only ones with Ats numbers are EU Ats have a wide skill range so they can handle anything (were is the spartan armor you guys were making) don't turn banner balance off put 2 clans against them that's why we have diplomacy right ????

Offline Ashrik

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LOTS AND LOTS OF JOLLY KNIGHTS LOTS AND LOTS OF JO
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Ashraa
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2011, 03:29:01 pm »
And really, a fucking goon trying to claim some kind of moral superiority?  Please.
You make it really easy, since your claim to "moral superiority" seems to only involve not posting on a forum that you appear to visit every day.
Pot and kettle here.
Weird, you seem to have quoted someone who isn't me when talking about an event that I wasn't present for in a thread with a picture of goons evenly split between two teams. Oh, but Snatch Duster said he wants to dominate on a server!!! Logic fail there, Gorath.

As said earlier, all players with small clans or no clans should just wear an ATS, Hospitaller, or other banner. Only way to make the game more fair for them.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 03:31:14 pm by Ashrik »
I am Uhtred_III_of_Bebbanbawler.

I answer to no man.

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2011, 03:35:24 pm »
the answer is to know who owns which server, and before joining set your banner to the correct one.

Anytime i join the ats server, i have the ATS banner.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2011, 03:59:34 pm »
Nvm
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 10:51:17 pm by Tai Feng »
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline kongxinga

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Farmers
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2011, 04:01:00 pm »
Well public teamwork can never beat private ghosting on teamspeak or its equivalents. I won't be too concerned if medieval men-at-arms had radios and spy satellites and the ability to come back from the dead to tell others valuable intel. That is not the case though.

It is not a problem unique to warband. Pretty much the only way of preventing this breaking of fog of war is to cram all the participants in one location and referee them, as is the case of more serious wargame simulations. Or don't play with munchkin types who think hitting your CVBG which was spotted by a sub you sank before it could surface for communications (the other guy phoned in with the intel) is a sign of superior intellect/skill/whatever.

Unfortunately the only solution to clan stack is to join the clan stack by switching to the clan banners when you go to the server. On EU I will use fleur de lys to get on Pecores stack, ATS banner on the ATS, goon banner on goon server, DRZ on where they often appear etc. Once you get on the stack you can go afk and get x5. The clan stack is really that bad.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2011, 04:18:07 pm »
Dunno how bad it is on NA servers, but I think it's working great on Eu1.

You can see small teams of 2-3 friends, not necessarily clans working together in same outfit, for the first time I can regularly play with Ninjas, and there's a reason to be on TS. I don't think any EU clan is big enough to tip the scale on a full server.

Best thing happened to cRPG in a long time.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2011, 04:26:30 pm »
I agree. This has been great. Finally some teamwork!

Offline balbaroth

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2011, 04:37:12 pm »
switching banner imo is not a viable solution , first of all , i'd like to say first of all banner balance is a great idea to play with friends , gather on teamspeak and have lots of fun , tho balance has to be taken into consideration , a few nights ago there was ats vs hospitallier  on the 80 server , it was freaking awesome , 

but when one clan is alone  , the balance is definatly not working properly , clans should stop being homers and diss people here that i think is a legitimate complain  :p its easy to say use teamwork , but most of thoses people arent on vent or TS , most of theses people dont have dead people telling you where the enemy is on vent or TS  ,

was my 2 cents on this ,  but i still think its a great idea but in practice hard to balance

Offline downer

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: downer
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2011, 05:18:56 pm »
Awwwww, Gorath is stalking us again. Cute.

It is very true that LLJK target each other. I wear a Heraldic tabard for just this purpose. I will wade through other people just to kill a goon.

Banner balance is fine. I get killed by a clan using teamwork and tactics, abloo bloo bloo.

Offline SPQR

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA
  • Game nicks: CSA_Gen_Robert_E_Leet
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2011, 06:06:29 pm »
I think some of the issue is that there are not many NA clans. Strategus is mainly to blame for this because the smaller NA clans stand little to no chance on their own against the many large EU clans so people end up joining the larger clans or merging their clans together to be viable (see the recent NA merger). At this point we basically just have LLJK and NE left with probably less than a half dozen other smaller NA clans.

If there were more NA clans one clan may get put on one team, while another is balanced onto the other team which would help even things out. However, when there is the same number of servers as major clans this is unlikely to happen.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 06:07:55 pm by SPQR »
"It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow to fondle it." - Robert E Leet

Offline krampe

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • Count Palatine of the Rhine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pony
  • Game nicks: krampe and the moons
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2011, 06:25:13 pm »
I think some of the issue is that there are not many NA clans. Strategus is mainly to blame for this because the smaller NA clans stand little to no chance on their own against the many large EU clans so people end up joining the larger clans or merging their clans together to be viable (see the recent NA merger). At this point we basically just have LLJK and NE left with probably less than a half dozen other smaller NA clans.

If there were more NA clans one clan may get put on one team, while another is balanced onto the other team which would help even things out. However, when there is the same number of servers as major clans this is unlikely to happen.

ATS and LLJK are the biggest clans in all of Strategus!
No EU Clan has so many members (can't say that for DRZ because many have strange names and they "classify" their roster for spying anyway).
There are many small EU clans, just see Turks, Guards, Ninja, Nordmen, RuConquista, DenBitre, HRE etc. where are only ~5 or so on a server at the same time, but that is often enough.

That way it isn't such a big problem because we DON'T have so huge clans.
Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline SPQR

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA
  • Game nicks: CSA_Gen_Robert_E_Leet
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2011, 06:55:43 pm »
ATS and LLJK are the biggest clans in all of Strategus!
No EU Clan has so many members (can't say that for DRZ because many have strange names and they "classify" their roster for spying anyway).
There are many small EU clans, just see Turks, Guards, Ninja, Nordmen, RuConquista, DenBitre, HRE etc. where are only ~5 or so on a server at the same time, but that is often enough.

That way it isn't such a big problem because we DON'T have so huge clans.

LLJK is big because it's a goon clan. ATS is huge because it used to be about 8 different clans who all merged together because they couldn't do much in strategus on their own. But what happens, I think, is a self-sustaining cycle. Small clans have trouble recruiting because people would rather join clans that can accomplish things in strategus, thus small clans can't accomplish much in strategus, so they end up quitting and joining the large clans. Ect

The EU playerbase is much larger than the NA ones and so smaller clans have a larger field of people to recruit from. On top of that there are many more EU clans so they can more easily form up into alliances to survive. For NA, your choices are: LLJK and ATS for alliances.
"It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow to fondle it." - Robert E Leet