Author Topic: Strategus Ask-A-Dev  (Read 30276 times)

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
Re: Strategus Ask-A-Dev
« Reply #150 on: July 02, 2011, 01:37:42 pm »
Eh, you´re a god damm genius cosmo, how did you make this conclusion, never ever someone thincked or writed this in the forum' you´re a fuckin light for all of us!!
Ok, just kiding, you should read rest of the thread before posting and show yourself as an idiot....

+1 for the hero question ¨how do we recruit troops?¨
I add how does work food?
After reading the first 5 pages i got a little tired.
But sorry gheritarish everybody isn't like a you a great forum Priest spending 3-4 hour reading all the thread entirely. I'm not as strong as you , i can't get rid of my real life for internet stranger. May you name be sanctified in the abysses of internet Damn Nerdy No-life.
You might maybe get yourself a girlfriend instead of showing us how big is you 'internet d**k'
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 01:51:11 pm by Cosmos_Shielder »

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 02, 2011, 02:44:03 pm »
But sorry gheritarish everybody isn't like a you a great forum Priest spending 3-4 hour reading all the thread entirely. I'm not as strong as you , i can't get rid of my real life for internet stranger. May you name be sanctified in the abysses of internet Damn Nerdy No-life.
You might maybe get yourself a girlfriend instead of showing us how big is you 'internet d**k'
It´s not a matter of dick, it´s a matter of brain, you better use time to read than to write bs.
You are tired of reading but not tired of writing, if you´re not sure don´t post something that someone already post 2 pages before.
And what´s the matter with my gf??

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #152 on: July 02, 2011, 03:42:44 pm »
It's thanks to redundant questions already answered asked by people such as yourself that people, again like yourself, gets bored reading. It takes less than an hour to read this all thread. And you would even gain time not writing questions, and not having to check again for an answer. -1 for you, trying to make it as if people reading are nerds while people posting without bothering readers are guys with real life. What a joke.

On another note,  i'm really glad this thread had so many answers revealed. I especially like how you handled the smith skill, and different ressources. I don't know how to react to the possible impact of gold in strategus, but i see many people arguing over it, so i'll leave it to them.

I expect recruitment to work like it worked. Players in a village/town, recruiting with a certain % of chance each hour, a certain number of people. Depending on how well the town does, or whatever.

I expect food to be a ressource kept either in the cities, to be bought by workers with their salary, for example, or be kept by a player, for his own purpose.
What i don't know if you have "eat before next week" type of food. I'm pretty sure this would complicate things, but it would also make it more interesting, and will prevent some "adding up food in one place, waiting one month then sending a large army". The way it is is SG seems fine. 3-4 types of food you have to eat fast, others than can stay long enough (indefinitely).
Confirmation on thoses two elements would be welcomed indeed. :mrgreen:
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #153 on: July 02, 2011, 04:59:07 pm »
Will we be able to have battles on other places besides villages/towns? If yes, elaborate.
Monkeys!

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #154 on: July 03, 2011, 04:21:28 am »
Any thoughts already on the alarming fact that many clans are preparing archer only groups for strat?

Offline Sir Henry

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: Thorwald of Frisia
« Reply #155 on: July 03, 2011, 04:39:26 am »
If you include terrain and such will the battle maps be determined by it? (bridges, rivers, mountains etc.)

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #156 on: July 03, 2011, 05:25:43 am »
Will we be able to have battles on other places besides villages/towns? If yes, elaborate.

There always have been battles for castles and on open plains. How much more elaboration do you need?

Any thoughts already on the alarming fact that many clans are preparing archer only groups for strat?

chadz said earlier:

Then, the question about the ranged: I don't really like how ranged was in the last versions of strategus. We hope that the capturable spawn points help - if not, we will take actions so ranged isn't the only class viable for strategus. We hope for a lot of melee skirmishes. And there might special ranged nerfs for strategus until melee are more important than ranged.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #157 on: July 03, 2011, 05:38:16 am »
There always have been battles for castles and on open plains. How much more elaboration do you need?

chadz said earlier:

Then, the question about the ranged: I don't really like how ranged was in the last versions of strategus. We hope that the capturable spawn points help - if not, we will take actions so ranged isn't the only class viable for strategus. We hope for a lot of melee skirmishes. And there might special ranged nerfs for strategus until melee are more important than ranged.

just read thru that topic aswell, damn....anyways, thanks :)

Offline SkyrayFox

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: SkyrayFox
« Reply #158 on: July 03, 2011, 11:34:30 am »
Questions about the economy:

How exactly trading will be implemented and how or who will determine the prices of goods ? Will it be all player based economy ?

Also since the only way to generate gold is by playing on normal servers are there any gold sinks ? What will stop strategus from being flooded with tons of gold by the richest clans ? Isn't there a real possibility of inflation/deflation and general instability of prices ?

I know a lot of people made huge amounts of gold from trading/selling heirlooms on the marketplace, how will you balance the difference between cRPG millionaires and casual players in strategus ?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 09:57:54 am by SkyrayFox »

Offline Timotheusthereal

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey there, oh tharr!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ser_Timotheus_Brune
« Reply #159 on: July 03, 2011, 04:11:16 pm »
I know a lot of people made huge amounts of gold from trading/selling heirlooms on the marketplace, how will you balance the difference between cRPG millionaires and casual players in strategus ?

Economy between cRPG and the oncoming Strategus is not linked to each other. What chadz said
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 04:19:31 pm by Timotheusthereal »

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 03, 2011, 04:42:35 pm »
I thought that was the opposite of what he said.
Don't.

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #161 on: July 03, 2011, 04:49:08 pm »
Economy between cRPG and the oncoming Strategus is not linked to each other. What chadz said

wrong. It will be connected.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #162 on: July 03, 2011, 08:06:24 pm »
chadz, do ya think you could put the Question and Answer in the OP? That would be a great help. (Note, this question DOES NOT! count)

Offline Gingerpussy

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 224
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Gingerpussy
« Reply #163 on: July 04, 2011, 02:17:11 pm »
Several days without  a reply ....  :(

Winter is coming, surly strategus is not .....

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #164 on: July 04, 2011, 02:22:42 pm »
Still busy with cleaning up the hacking mess, I'll reply a lot when that is done :)