Author Topic: Strategus Ask-A-Dev  (Read 31575 times)

Offline Gingerpussy

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 224
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Gingerpussy
Re: Strategus Ask-A-Dev
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2011, 11:18:37 am »
First of thank you chadz for the reply :)

Second Mr Neresto_HRE. We are the Mercs, allways have been and will continue to be a strong clan within Strategus even tho all seem to speculate that mercs are weak atm.
In a Crpg match a life is not worth anything but kills is, That is not so in strategus where your life is worth alot (tickets). We dont fear a wipe, we aplaude it.
Reason ? Wel half the strategus clans cheated with the transfer thing, we mercs NEVER did and still did very good.
We still are claiming our original fiefs and WIL do so at the start of Strategus wipe or no wipe.

Another thing is that Mercenaries maybee have the worst possible "role" in strategus, and that is to be and to stay neutral towards all.

BLOOD AND GOLD :)

To chadz. A wipe is not a Wipe, it all depends of ownership of fiefs. If ownership of fiefs are wiped every 6 months then i think some of the intrest in strategus wil be lost.
To the question about effort in strategus i think you missunderstod me. Crafting is a effort ofcourse and if that together with resources trading raiding and so on is great.

To Gnjus the uglyest man in crpg.... i agree a new strategus should be totaly wiped and all start at 0.

So the BIG question.

Wil there be any other things in strategus to do as a mercenary ? PS! there are more then 1 mercanerys clan now (wolfes maybee more).

Gingerpussy
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2011, 11:26:41 am »
We still are claiming our original fiefs and WIL do so at the start of Strategus wipe or no wipe.

Good luck holding onto your claims with a ton of new clans seeking land to call their own.

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2011, 11:26:53 am »
depends on how chadz changed the way we get gold etc

from what i heard recruiting will be harder so you can't fil a town with 14 000 troops in 1 week as before and get the money they produce, there will also be more factions this time so maybe factions with 3 towns won't last long because people will be looking for fiefs,
take the last map, risen and shogunate don't have a single fief whereas they're quite big clans, bandits neither, etc

so less money income, + producting stuff sounds much more complicated, 1st get workers you have to pay high enough to work in your village = losing money to get the basic stuff, then having someone to transfer the stuff to a city, caravan ? pay again to protect it against bandits, once it's in town you haev to pay workers high enough so they work for you to produce weapons = less money again
sounds like it takes much more time and costs much higher

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2011, 11:34:58 am »
depends on how chadz changed the way we get gold etc

you don't get gold in strategus.

Offline Gingerpussy

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2011, 11:35:44 am »
Good luck holding onto your claims with a ton of new clans seeking land to call their own.
If i remember right (have the claim somewhere on a picture) we had about 25 fiefs/castles/towns at the end of strategus. Our claim is not even half that.
Il check if i find the picture we made long long time ago but its the heartland of Calradia.

Thank you for the good luck, i am sure you dont mean it.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2011, 11:36:29 am »

But you said gold will be used to pay workers. Doesn't that mean in order to run a fief in Strategus, your faction would have to grind gold in cRPG? I really don't think that's a good idea. I don't want to see all Strat clans mobbing servers in peasant gear.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 11:38:42 am by okiN »
Don't.

Offline Astinus

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Armata Brancaleone
  • Game nicks: AB_Astinus
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2011, 11:37:42 am »
so how will the fief owners pay the workers? In the previous post you said they will get gold (I suppose it will be crpg gold) but from where does this gold come from, is it the fief owner crpg gold?

Offline Gingerpussy

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2011, 11:42:43 am »
chadz did a typeO, prob going to denars or something ...

Offline BerG

• Baron
  • Renown: 95
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusader Aliance
  • Game nicks: SB_BerG
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2011, 11:44:44 am »
Will cRPG & Strategus open source project? Will you place the project on social programming portal (ex. github.com)?

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2011, 11:49:39 am »

Dear god, not the damn "claim" crap again. I don't know who "invented" such a stupid thing but i honestly hope I'll never hear that useless word in the new version of Strategos. "Claiming" something ? Like, "hey, that Castle is mine, even tho i cant take it just now, and the question is will i ever be able to but its still mine cause i claim it for myself" ? Rubbish, complete and utter bullshit. Either you take the damn thing or you don't, claims are nonsense.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2011, 11:58:21 am »
chadz did a typeO, prob going to denars or something ...

the workers are other players who get a gold wage, defined and given out by the village owner.

ps: dont know enuf info but kind of agree with okin.

Offline Gingerpussy

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2011, 12:02:12 pm »
Dear god, not the damn "claim" crap again. I don't know who "invented" such a stupid thing but i honestly hope I'll never hear that useless word in the new version of Strategos. "Claiming" something ? Like, "hey, that Castle is mine, even tho i cant take it just now, and the question is will i ever be able to but its still mine cause i claim it for myself" ? Rubbish, complete and utter bullshit. Either you take the damn thing or you don't, claims are nonsense.
Il rewrite it for you Gnjus.

We will take what we want in Strategus. in the process we will surly rape, kill and oppose those who are against us.

Better fuckface ???? hehe i kinda agree claims are stupid.....but in lack of a better diplomatic word i used it ... i am guilty.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2011, 12:10:37 pm »

+1
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2011, 12:40:29 pm »
Il rewrite it for you Gnjus.

We will take what we want in Strategus. in the process we will surly rape, kill and oppose those who are against us.

Better fuckface ???? hehe i kinda agree claims are stupid.....but in lack of a better diplomatic word i used it ... i am guilty.

I wasn't having a go at you personally Ginger, i was just saying how stupid claims are. Olwen and Oberyn know very well that i kept saying it from the beginning.  :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2011, 01:02:34 pm »
Well if Strategus uses our cRPG gold, ninjas will have a headstart unless there is a wipe :)
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.