Author Topic: Strategus Ask-A-Dev  (Read 29711 times)

Offline Varyag

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Merc_Varyag_
Re: Strategus Ask-A-Dev
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2011, 02:57:45 am »
Previously you mentioned that players will be crafting equipment. If it is true, where (i.e. in cities, villages, or just anywhere on the map) can we craft it and how, i.e. what are the crafting mechanics? What kind of resources do we need to craft things, and where do you get them from? Thank you for your hard work.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 02:59:07 am by Varyag »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2011, 05:23:24 am »
Ah-ah! Won!

Okay, then, let me try my luck again... Will the scale of battles remain unchanged? That is, 61vs61?

Not only you :D

I would highly recommend against raising the limit of battles. As the multiclan tournament have shown the game has a hard time to deal with 75 vs. 75. 60 vs. 60 seems like max.

I'd like to raise another question (one might get lucky).

You said that hexes were not possible due to scalability, what does that mean exactly?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 05:25:56 am by Aemaelius »
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2011, 06:36:19 am »
well the problem before was defending village all spawned in one open place and attackers just camped a hill and rained arrows onto the unprotected spawn, although attackers had a invis wall on thier spawn (wtf). and obviously in siege mode because of the big walls ranged becomes only thing useful for most of the fight.

anyway here is my question: will people be using thier own items/hierlooms in future strategus? or will hierlooms always be for normal crpg matches only?

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2011, 07:22:30 am »
are you going to give more ways for the little guy to participate in strat, rather than just the ones in giant clans
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2011, 07:30:47 am »
are you going to give more ways for the little guy to participate in strat, rather than just the ones in giant clans

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2011, 08:47:52 am »
"All thine hard work has payed off..."

WTH has this to do with strategus!
Want to know it now!!!!

This and will it ever be visible somewhere, with proper info?

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2011, 09:42:29 am »
How will heirlooms in cRPG affect strategus? Will we get the ability to craft items up to the level you have in cRPG in strategus? How is "your hard work has payeth off..." related to this?

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2011, 10:32:30 am »
Any information concerning village raids in Strategus?
This. Also, how caravans work in strategus? Will we see them as special objekt on strategus map, or it will be just an army with big amount of goods? Will there be some special  battle maps for  caravan plundering?

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2011, 10:35:35 am »

+1

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2011, 10:55:18 am »
i can already answer this one shovelface,

first it's gonna be as in the first one so you can mercing, maybe there will be a radius around battles for mercs

you can work in cities to get gold, work etc or recruit troops in villages

you can offer your service to others for different tasks such as protecting a caravan, etc

you can be a merchant buying things to cities and then selling it to other cities who can't produce it for a better price

the rest depends of the community and the rp it'll bring, if someone wanna organize tournaments in a city with only the players in it straetgus will play a role, etc i let your imagination finding other ideas

PS: btw i think that trading isn't implemented yet, so don't expect this part in the first release
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 10:59:28 am by Olwen »

Offline Electro

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • when death smiles at us all we can do is smileback
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Electro
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2011, 12:20:36 pm »
Will there be a bigger map in the next strategus or will there just be alot more Villages and towns compacted into the same old map ?

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2011, 12:38:28 pm »
Will you add chu-ko-nu's to the mod, so we cut the castle/town/village siege times down to minimum ? Massive siege battles can last no longer then 2-3 hours max, after that people start abandoning battles, chinese repeating crossbows would make it nice and short while the battle itself wouldn't change much: loads of headshots only in shorter amount of time....

I don't really like how ranged was in the last versions of strategus.

Say whaaat ??? Well....yeah, i think they were underpowered and they definitely need some huge buffing, as well as map fixing (we need more roofs, hills & walls to camp on), battles lasted too long, poor ranged just couldn't do enough of mile-away-headshots from unreachable places to get it over with in a decent amount of time, not all of us are no-lifers who can afford getting headshot to pieces from the opposite corner of the map, without even a slightest chance to see where the arrow came from, over-and-over again for more then 3 hours in a row.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Astinus

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Armata Brancaleone
  • Game nicks: AB_Astinus
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2011, 12:51:05 pm »
Willl we use the same old native scenes? Many of them were really bugged, are you planning to polish them or to allow the community to do something about that city like you did for the respawn in past?

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2011, 01:05:38 pm »
Willl we use the same old native scenes? Many of them were really bugged, are you planning to polish them or to allow the community to do something about that city like you did for the respawn in past?

I remember there was a time where chadz needed people to fix up the old maps, can't say anything for sure though ofcourse, but it seems likely.

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2011, 01:20:04 pm »

Faction based starting towns and castles would be cool. Like have a japanese style castle scene in the starting towns or castles of ninja and shogunate clans.
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.