Author Topic: Published a scene and some props are missing  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Ronan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Ronan PxC
Published a scene and some props are missing
« on: June 23, 2011, 10:46:50 pm »
I published Rajas as a battle maps. I make my maps on a laptop. I played it today and I noticed that the scene isnt what i made. Things I put in like grass, books(item kinds), meat, and other things are not there. I dont understand.

I also noticed when I wasnt in edit mode that it didnt have some of the things I put into it either. Anyone know why?

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Published a scene and some props are missing
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 04:41:16 pm »
Maybe you made it in cRPG, but tested it in Native, or vice versa?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Ronan

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 05:56:53 pm »
Maybe you made it in cRPG, but tested it in Native, or vice versa?

Made it in Native (copied module) and tested in Native, but Ill chaeck to make sure. You think I would have better luck if I just copied cRPG Mod and start doing maps that way? Its just things like 'item kinds' and 'plants' that are missing. Any "entry points', 'scene props', or 'plants' like trees are the only things not missing. Im very frusterated by this because I have about 5 battle maps/CTF maps near ready to upload and the result will be the same as Rajas. :(

Offline Cohen

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • HRE webpage
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Cohen_HRE
  • IRC nick: Cohen_HRE
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 07:26:21 pm »
that's strange, i also have copied the native and use this for the editor, but i don't have such problems.

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 10:02:23 pm »
When you say you played the maps, do you mean it got uploaded to a crpg server or you logged in as a host and ran the map yourself locally? Also, are the missing items ALL of one type like all of a certain plant or a certain rock or does it appear random?

Sorry, I don't really have a solution for you as I've never seen this. I also create maps in native and test in native.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuck’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Ronan

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 04:10:01 am »
When you say you played the maps, do you mean it got uploaded to a crpg server or you logged in as a host and ran the map yourself locally? Also, are the missing items ALL of one type like all of a certain plant or a certain rock or does it appear random?

Sorry, I don't really have a solution for you as I've never seen this. I also create maps in native and test in native.

Its Rajas. Ive made a thread for the map when it was PM'd to me that its on the servers. When I played it on cRPG with other players some of the helms ive placed on one table were missing, one was floating in the air. None of the grass is there. All the rocks are there and same with the trees. Bushes seem to be there too. None of the books are at the place where I put them, same with the meats that i put in another spot in the market area. So it seems to be certain things like that. All the items under the "scene props" selection are there, same with the border.

Also, when I play in the edit mode its fine, but when I go and host a game to test it, when not in edit mode, those things are missing. I really am confused.

I dont have some of the selections others, who use desktop computers have, such as the ground paint, or the edit weather/time of day. I wonder if this is all because I have a laptop and not a desktop...

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 05:20:33 am »
I didn't get a chance to test the map out myself but I did notice you have it named rajas.sco and scn_my_scene_12. I don't know if it matters but every .sco file in the SceneObjects folder starts with scn_ which you do not have. I rename everything and keep all the names the same between each folder. For example, I would rename rajas.sco file to scn_rajas.sco and the scene file to scn_rajas so it looks like:

scn_rajas rajas 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x00000002200005000005f57b00005885000046bd00006d9c
 sea_outer_terrain_1 

Not renaming those files and keeping them consistent between the .sco file name and the scenes file name could contribute to some conflict.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 05:23:23 am by Kung Fu Jesus »
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuck’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 12:36:24 pm »
Did the other players have these missing items as well? It might just be a fucked up cRPG instance on your end...
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Cohen

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • HRE webpage
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Cohen_HRE
  • IRC nick: Cohen_HRE
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 02:37:13 pm »
Its Rajas. Ive made a thread for the map when it was PM'd to me that its on the servers. When I played it on cRPG with other players some of the helms ive placed on one table were missing, one was floating in the air. None of the grass is there. All the rocks are there and same with the trees. Bushes seem to be there too. None of the books are at the place where I put them, same with the meats that i put in another spot in the market area. So it seems to be certain things like that. All the items under the "scene props" selection are there, same with the border.

Also, when I play in the edit mode its fine, but when I go and host a game to test it, when not in edit mode, those things are missing. I really am confused.

I dont have some of the selections others, who use desktop computers have, such as the ground paint, or the edit weather/time of day. I wonder if this is all because I have a laptop and not a desktop...

now that you explain it a bit more, i remembered i also had this in my the_prison map with one type of shields i placed on a table. i saw them in my native version, but not in crpg. i suppose those were removed for crpg-mod.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 02:48:47 pm by Cohen »