Author Topic: just a thought on builds, the basics  (Read 3635 times)

Offline icejaff

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Like a boss.
    • View Profile
    • Alliance of Pendragon
  • Faction: Alliance of Pendragon.
  • Game nicks: icejaff AoP_icejaff
  • IRC nick: kallen
Re: just a thought on builds, the basics
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 07:16:43 am »
Im basicly an agiltiy build 24 agility, but my 15 strength gives me the power I need to overpower my enemies :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 07:18:44 am »
Blocking is for n00bs.

I just ran my 24/5 poleaxe character for a few hours at that or worse in stats, and I was still somehow rocking a 4 kill 2 death on most maps... and I have been awake for a little over 40 hours now. Just ignore that half of those kills were cav players, and I rest my case!

I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 07:38:33 am »

But yeah, so many players are just on autopilot grind mode... it is sad that crpg is that way. they aren't enjoying the battle, they are 'putting up with it' as they grind.
Pathetic. Should never be that way.
Instant level 30 is the best thing to have happened to this mod imo. Grinders can grind past for heirlooms and levels, ok. Sure. They can 'play' on autopilot and zone out too...
i didn't put up with it when the exp wasn't capped at bullshit low
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 08:59:15 pm »
Balanced builds are ftw imo, but atm pure str is much more powerful than pure agi idd.

I think that removing the hp gain from str, buffing if, and increasing the power of ath would go a long way towards making agi more attractive.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 11:41:22 pm »
Balanced builds are ftw imo, but atm pure str is much more powerful than pure agi idd.

I think that removing the hp gain from str, buffing if, and increasing the power of ath would go a long way towards making agi more attractive.

god no, please don't buff athletics or speed, we don't need bundle of sticks archers running away and kiting even more than now.

Agi is weak, but thats because of the backpeddling spammers and kiting archers who actually crutch on their speed like how STR users crutch armor. However, STR builds actually get hit and they stand their ground to fight, unlike agi builds who run as soon as they get into trouble. This would lead to even MORE range spam since melee would be a last resort since everyone has enough WPF and speed to run away+have a range weapon.

If you really want to buff AGI then buff WPF, but do not, under any circumstances, buff the speed of AGI characters.

hell you could even add damage bonus to agi or something, i don't care.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2011, 07:51:28 am »
god no, please don't buff athletics or speed, we don't need bundle of sticks archers running away and kiting even more than now.

Then add a tag to bows that makes people run slower while they're in the inventory.  Some of us would LIKE to use speed and dodging combined with our blocking skills in melee instead of insane HP and massive heavy armor.  Some of us would like to wear medium armor as a melee fighter as our "heavy" armor and be noticably faster than str builders.

I do see your point however.  Fucking ranged players ruin EVERYTHING once again.   :evil:
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2011, 12:13:20 pm »

Agi is weak, but thats because of the backpeddling spammers and kiting archers who actually crutch on their speed like how STR users crutch armor. However, STR builds actually get hit and they stand their ground to fight, unlike agi builds who run as soon as they get into trouble. This would lead to even MORE range spam since melee would be a last resort since everyone has enough WPF and speed to run away+have a range weapon.

If you really want to buff AGI then buff WPF, but do not, under any circumstances, buff the speed of AGI characters.

hell you could even add damage bonus to agi or something, i don't care.

Point taken (f***ing f@gchers...), but I think it could be solved.

Buffing weapon swing speed is not the way I think, since fooling someone just by having an extremely fast weapon is also a form of "crutching", and movement speed is where I would really like to see agi chars have the upper hand in combat.

Maybe decrease default damage and increase the power of PD?

I dunno, but somehow I think this needs to be adressed.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2011, 12:21:40 pm »
It might be considered making the wpf tax somewhat less in order to make weapon master more attractive.

Or make Weapon Master skill itself add some speed bonus to swings...

Dunno...

But I went from 18/18 to 21/15 or 24/15 as shielder. And most people I know have lowered agility in favor of str.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2011, 01:04:48 pm »
hmm most of the people topping the eu lists are afaik running 21-18 or 18-21 O.o (cav excluded) and when i went on an NA server with 60 people i only saw 2 plate guys and most were in normal armour so i must be missing something
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 01:05:54 pm by Osiris »
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2011, 01:52:31 pm »

a buff for me? thank you sept wouldn't that make us run faster then cav?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 01:53:35 pm by Goretooth »

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline john_pullinger

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boreal_V, John, Dogtanian, Lexor, Cobalt, Toissonador, Flip_it and Sir_Arn, poor Sir_Arn.
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2011, 02:27:28 pm »
Lexor is my agility build. He whiffles ever so much with his hammer or light spiked club. It takes about 6 hits on a thinly armoured guy for me to actually kill him, and I'm not the best melee fighter so they usually chop my arm off before that ever happens. x_x

Cobalt is my strength build. I've had a lucky spree with him a couple of times just spamming his axe and wading into the enemy, but his swings are slow as heck and he can't get a very high weapon proficiency. I created him for the sole purpose of blowing up shields in one hit, he only has 6 agility and is going for 12 power strike by level 30.

Lexor gets at most two kills on a good map and usually gets none. I've had over 9 with Cobalt before. STR builds have an easier time in melee, for certain.

-John

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2011, 02:45:47 pm »
STR builds are dominating mostly because they have the same speed as anyone with athletics while back peddling.

Also they can jump backwards and swing at the same speed as anyone with athletics.

To fix it they need to buff athletics by making them improve both of those things (backpeddling and jumping).  And nerf pure str builds from using it so effectively like they are now.

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline marco1391

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Legio_Marco1691
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2011, 03:22:31 pm »
I would add a bonus on agi like it is in native, something like +8 wpp to spend for any point in agi above 12

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2011, 03:26:07 pm »
Backpeddling and jumping backwards should never be a viable tactic in melee combat.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2011, 03:34:08 pm »
No one does well doing that.

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning