Author Topic: When are you finally add some sort of punishment to TA and TK ?  (Read 5382 times)

Offline DaFrog

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I created a thread into the suggestion corner but it looks like than not a lot of people read it (http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,7565.0.html)

Anyway i really do not understand why you guys do not want to add some sort of automated punishement to TA and TK ? Most of RPG game where you can kill you own team have some sort of consequences but in cRPG there is absolutely nothing.

I'm tired about getting some arrow in my ass, about people who just spam with 2 hand without paying attention to there mate or horseman who just do not care to charge you. This is just the top of the icecream as there is a lot more way to be annoyed by TA or TK like people who just kill your horse for the lolz.

From what i read most of you do not want reversed TK and even if i do not agree with most of you i can understand your point of view as it will affect gameplay in some way. Anyway looks like some kind of admin/dev say they will never use reverse TK into cRPG, fine but reverse TA and TK is not the only way to deal with it.

A penalty to EXP/GOLD can be a good punishment to deal with TA and TK as most player will be affected by it. This kind of penalty will not affect directly the gameplay but at least people would be a bit more careful and do not hit there mate for the lolz.

Seriously there is many way to deal with TA and TK so just pick the one you want but do something about it.

Offline Voodoox

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: When are you finally add some sort of punishment to TA and TK ?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 04:54:30 pm »
+1! each hit could be -25 gold and each kill -250 gold would add up quickly if your just indiscriminately swing and wouldn't be too big of a penalty if you do it on accident

Offline Elerion

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Pink Team
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Elerion
  • IRC nick: Elerion
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 05:19:50 pm »
In a game where intentionally getting someone else to TK you is as easy as here, this is a terrible idea.

Offline AgentQ

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 05:33:26 pm »
250 is nth, i can tk all day  :twisted:

Offline Varyag

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Merc_Varyag_
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 05:36:40 pm »
Well, there is a punishment for TK and TA: if you Tk some1, your team might lose because of that. However, I think it is not very fair. TK is a personal business, and for that there should be personal responsibility, not  collective.

I've played cRPG since the very beginning, and for those of you who came only recently, I can say there was a severe punishment for TKs before. 1 TK would cost you about 3-4 hours of grinding...AND I AM NOT KIDDING.

Due to the heavy whine (in my opinion) this hard measure was abandoned. Though I would still suggest Devs to return it. Maybe not so severe (Though I never complained about it), but still teamkillers AND ESPECIALLY TEAMWOUNDERS should be aware that for their actions there will be automatic punishment, so we don't have to waste time explaining what happened to admins.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 06:03:06 pm »
A punishment system is way too easy to abuse.  If you want to grief just run around in light armor and dive in front of friendly cav, or in front of any friendly for that matter.  There are instances where the person wounded or tk'd was actually the one 'in the wrong' because they positioned themselves in the way of someone's mid-way swing or something else (not often but occasionally). 

There already are punishments built in for TA & TKing; a decreased chance to win the round, which translates to reduction in gold and xp.   For intentionally TA & TKing there are built in punishments in the form of admin punishments.

Honestly anything built in to punish tkers is going to be a double-edged sword.  It works fine as is - people who don't apologize for tking or who tk a lot are known for it and generally less respected for it.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 06:35:11 pm »
boo hoo.  Just try to be careful.

THere should be a punishment for team horse-killing though..  :evil:

I complained when someone came up to me and team-killed my horse...while I was just standing there..so blatant.  He said, "it's just a horse."  Dude, that's my equipment! WTF!  It happens kind of often...

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 09:20:18 pm »
The horse killing is bannable on some servers if you can screenshot it.

As for tk punishment, with this game, accidental tks and hits are just a part of it. Most people do not purposely try to hit their teammates but its gonna happen when 10 people are trying to kill one dude. I'm sure the OP has hit a teammate before. Would you want to be kicked or get that damage reflected back for those accidents? Fuck no.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuckĀ’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 09:54:03 pm »
The horse killing is bannable on some servers if you can screenshot it.

As for tk punishment, with this game, accidental tks and hits are just a part of it. Most people do not purposely try to hit their teammates but its gonna happen when 10 people are trying to kill one dude. I'm sure the OP has hit a teammate before. Would you want to be kicked or get that damage reflected back for those accidents? Fuck no.
No I would hate that. It's fucking annoying on those servers that have it in native. But I would not mind a gold penalty, maybe not even a exp one. Because if you accidentally hit someone and lose, I don't know, 2000 gold your gonna go "oh shit I gotta stop", but if you teamattack someone to troll, your gonna have to use a lot of swings and lose quite some gold. Btw, the 2k gold is a bit of an exaggeration, but making it too light would also be too bad.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline runemaster

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vic_Rattlehead
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 10:01:48 pm »
The problem I see is that there is no way to differentiate between legitimate accidents, which I don't see as a problem, and plain old carelessness or intentional killing.

Mistakes happen - it really doesn't bother me if someone just accidently kills me. I always say I'm sorry when I do it, and I always accept apologies no matter how dumb the mistake was.

But, what bothers me is for instance, in the middle of a 1 v1 melee fight - you hit the guy twice and right before you finish him off a 'friendly' archer shoots into the fight, hitting you in the back and killing you, just hoping to get a lucky and grab a killshot.

Or, some idiot with a sword jumps in the middle of the fight at the same time and causes you to hit them, and instead of one of you killing the guy when he was vulnerable, both of you end up dead just because they wanted to get the killshot.  Then the jerk gets mad at you for his own careless, greedy mistake and revenge tk you, double screwing you over.

Or if I was cavalry, someone hitting my horse for no reason would bother me as much as when 'friendly' cavalry charges over me, knocks me down and causes me to die (these two behaviors might have a positive correlation).

If there were an automated way to distinguish between these team hits and true accidents, then this idea would be feasible, but the only way to do that is case by case, and that is what they do currently through the use of admins.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 10:17:23 pm »
Lets see how quickly this gets shot down  :mrgreen:

How about increasing gold/xp penalties for both the TKer and the TKed? E.g. each successive TK you are involved in during a 24 hour period, gets double the fine.  After 24 hours it gets reset.  That only hands out very minor punishments for true accidents but hits repeated offenders hard.

I say both the TKer and the TKed because people who get TKed all the time are clearly doing something wrong and therefore just as guilty as people who TK all the time.  So either Punish them both or leave it as it is.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 10:33:58 pm »
Lets see how quickly this gets shot down  :mrgreen:

How about increasing gold/xp penalties for both the TKer and the TKed? E.g. each successive TK you are involved in during a 24 hour period, gets double the fine.  After 24 hours it gets reset.  That only hands out very minor punishments for true accidents but hits repeated offenders hard.

I say both the TKer and the TKed because people who get TKed all the time are clearly doing something wrong and therefore just as guilty as people who TK all the time.  So either Punish them both or leave it as it is.
Hmmm. This actually look like a good idea. Although I can think of one way to abuse this (a clan makes everyone spawn in a server and hit one guy once each, thus giving him a huge penalty while only getting a slight one themselves) it isn't actually that bad. And that would also be very easy to document as all of them would have to teamhit so one should easily figure it out and start making screens.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Voodoox

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 11:05:41 pm »

THIS! +1

Offline Inporylem

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: EXGK_Inporylem_the_gentle
  • IRC nick: Inporylem
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 11:10:10 pm »
Hitting team mates is just part of the war imo.
Just add a timer to the start for example 20-30secs when you get somekind of punishment when you tk/ta. One solution could be that you get twice the amount of damage you do. Theres always kids trying to piss off people, admins just have to catch them.

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 12:01:24 am »
It almost always happens by accident in the chaos of battle, no punishment necessary.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project