Author Topic: OP Horse Archers  (Read 16898 times)

Offline Ming

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
  • Let her distract you!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shogunate
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_BD_Ming
  • IRC nick: Ming
Re: OP Horse Archers
« Reply #210 on: July 07, 2011, 07:45:44 pm »
I don't know if there's another topic (or thousand) about this, but I've looked on the front page. I don't bother reading through 100 sides eighter.

The Horse Archer is too OP. It's just wrong when a HA can kill 5 lancers or whatever without any problem.
The only thing a HA requires is a fast horse, and you can't kill him or her. So, what I'm suggesting is:
- Make archer damage done by horse less
- Require higher requirements to get rid of some persents of them (?)
- Set a maximum number of HA aviable through a game (?)
- Make the horse require one or two slots (Only if bow equiped?), then the HA can't carry much arrows
- Reduce fire-rate. (Actually more realistic as the horse makes it harder to reload).
- Add a 5PD bow not usable on horseback, with slighter better stats than the actual strongbow.

So, these are my suggestions, if some of you have any good ideas or comeback, I can sure edit the list.
I am not saying to get rid of horse archers, because they are realistic, and they are as everyone else, doing their job.
I only want them to be a little less dangerous... :)

WHAT r u talking about?? Ive seen many ppl try HA but most of them give up because its really hard. Ppl only see the annoying OP HA side but they forgot that HA is also extremely hard to play. archers rape u, lancers sneak up and rape u, OP xbow 1 shot ur horse, hidden pikeman ...blahblahblah

MAKE HA DEAL LESS DAMAGE??? I need fucking 19 arrows to kill Templar_PolePoop
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 07:48:26 pm by Ming »

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #211 on: July 07, 2011, 07:48:39 pm »
HA's arent OP. Its the Strongbow thats waaaaaayyyy to OP compared to other bows
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Ming

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Let her distract you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 07, 2011, 07:49:15 pm »
HA's arent OP. Its the Strongbow thats waaaaaayyyy to OP

NO, Longbow OP.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #213 on: July 07, 2011, 08:04:03 pm »
lol.   people who aint got it always want to degrade their foes instead of working on getting their shit straight.

the same way inf needs teamwork to kill mealy cav,  the cav or inf needs to team up to kill ha.

i always thought it more fun to hurt or try killing one challenging  opponent than kill 10 mediocre ones.

haters stop hating.  noobs stop noobing.  bitches.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 07, 2011, 08:05:04 pm »
o.co i mean good ones.  mediocre ha arent a threat.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 07, 2011, 08:06:50 pm »
+1
there is no counter to a team that is 100% horse archers.

nobody will ever do it though because they have balls.
100% shielders, 100% archers, 100% crossbows, 100% high IF plate wearers. Someone should organize that match and see what happens.

people who aint got it always want to degrade their foes instead of working on getting their shit straight.
That's because WHINING is much easier to 'accomplish' than actually getting skills.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 08:10:01 pm by Lichen »

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 07, 2011, 08:14:33 pm »
true dude.  btw,  you are aware that lichen is a skin sickness? 

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 07, 2011, 08:21:05 pm »
lol.   people who aint got it always want to degrade their foes instead of working on getting their shit straight.

the same way inf needs teamwork to kill mealy cav,  the cav or inf needs to team up to kill ha.

i always thought it more fun to hurt or try killing one challenging  opponent than kill 10 mediocre ones.

haters stop hating.  noobs stop noobing.  bitches.

Yeah, team should organize to kill ONE cavalry or ha target. You realized it's always about cavalry, nobody need to organize to kill one infantry or one archer, yet team should organize to kill one cavalry. Damn elitist.

Offline Ming

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Let her distract you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 07, 2011, 08:24:32 pm »
1 good archer, xbow, or HA is enough to kill the HA.

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #219 on: July 07, 2011, 08:25:41 pm »
WHAT r u talking about?? Ive seen many ppl try HA but most of them give up because its really hard. Ppl only see the annoying OP HA side but they forgot that HA is also extremely hard to play. archers rape u, lancers sneak up and rape u, OP xbow 1 shot ur horse, hidden pikeman ...blahblahblah

MAKE HA DEAL LESS DAMAGE??? I need fucking 19 arrows to kill Templar_PolePoop
jackie need 5 max, nerf looms

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 07, 2011, 08:34:10 pm »
Yeah, team should organize to kill ONE cavalry or ha target. You realized it's always about cavalry, nobody need to organize to kill one infantry or one archer, yet team should organize to kill one cavalry. Damn elitist.

u suck equus africanus asinusballs.  op states a bitchin about  a ha killing five lancers w/o problems.  im saying that lancers or inf  have to team up to kill a good ha. 
 so actually,  lancers are in the same position against a good ha that inf is against good lancers. aint elitist.  and btw.  lots of good inf out their that needs to be dealt with in teamwork.

and now pls feel like a drooling 5 year old because i had to break things down for you. 
clearly youre so full of it that it blinds your mind.

edit:  ha!  found another censored word ^^
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 08:35:39 pm by Torben »

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 07, 2011, 08:49:10 pm »

the same way inf needs teamwork to kill mealy melee cav,  the cav or inf needs to team up to kill ha.

u suck equus africanus asinusballs.  op states a bitchin about  a ha killing five lancers w/o problems.  im saying that lancers or inf  have to team up to kill a good ha. 
 so actually,  lancers are in the same position against a good ha that inf is against good lancers. aint elitist.  and btw.  lots of good inf out their that needs to be dealt with in teamwork.

and now pls feel like a drooling 5 year old because i had to break things down for you. 
clearly youre so full of it that it blinds your mind.

edit:  ha!  found another censored word ^^

Against Ha they are in better position than infantry but analogy is fine, but it don't invalidate my post. Nice argument at personam, do you feel cool ?

Anyone have chances to kill melee infantry 1vs1, even archers with no ps. Or at least fight back. Not everyone can fight back against HA or lancers with heavy lances - against infantry every retard can strike back (ok not every but every have the chance for it assuming basic knowledge about the game) and said infantry have to block the attack, horseman have to fail hard to be forced to block.

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 07, 2011, 08:49:23 pm »
jackie need 5 max, nerf looms

true,  loomed horses are also a huge improvement.  i love speedn all,  but guess it can be frustrating for non-loom users.  dn.

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 07, 2011, 09:00:08 pm »
Against Ha they are in better position than infantry but analogy is fine, but it don't invalidate my post. Nice argument argumentum at ad personam, do you feel cool ?

Anyone have chances to kill melee infantry 1vs1, even archers with no ps. Or at least fight back. Not everyone can fight back against HA or lancers with heavy lances - against infantry every retard can strike back (ok not every but every have the chance for it assuming basic knowledge about the game) and said infantry have to block the attack, horseman have to fail hard to be forced to block.

thx,  finally i know how to wright melee.  and na,  that wasnt an argument,  just felt good to say it. 
 i played inf long enough,  back when thefinn was around.  and i love the fact that challenges must be overcome together. and i love killing people who have better starting positions.  i fuckin love beeing the underdog. 
 and no. not everyone has the chance to kill in a 1vs1 inf situation.  thats bull crap. 
i like that you defend youre position,  but i dont like youre position cause its gay.  and its fun trolling so stop being fucking  offended.  after all,  this is the internet. 

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 07, 2011, 09:03:47 pm »
ah,  and u didnt seem to get the censor thing.  right d o n k e y.  try it : D