Author Topic: OP Horse Archers  (Read 16790 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: OP Horse Archers
« Reply #225 on: July 08, 2011, 12:41:36 am »
+1
Lol Lech got pwned on the thread he made about OP HA and so felt the need to come back here :lol: You got censored and had your post hidden (-10  :rolleyes:). Give up already.

There really wasn't a need to resurrect this thread again.

Torben's right. Not everyone should be able to fight back 1vs1. A dedicated archer will rarely stand a chance in melee with the lack of PS. Sure he can block a couple of times, but unless the inf is a complete douche then the lack of melee wpf also begins to tell. Simple fact is, not every class is going to be able to kill every class. It doesn't work that way, it never can, unless you make everyone wear exactly the same thing.

HA have plenty of counters, it just so happens that you aren't one of them and so feel the need to bitch about it.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 12:46:16 am by Overdriven »

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #226 on: July 08, 2011, 01:03:43 am »
dont forget to use the word d onkey

donkey.  yay
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #227 on: July 08, 2011, 01:32:16 am »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 08, 2011, 09:13:57 am »
dont forget to use the word d onkey

equus africanus asinus.  yay

So Lech sucks equus africanus asinus balls?

Do love this censor thing  :lol:

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 08, 2011, 09:18:00 am »
I love a good donkey show.

I approve of this censorship.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 08, 2011, 12:57:23 pm »
Lol Lech got pwned on the thread he made about OP HA and so felt the need to come back here :lol: You got censored and had your post hidden (-10  :rolleyes:). Give up already.

There really wasn't a need to resurrect this thread again.

Torben's right. Not everyone should be able to fight back 1vs1. A dedicated archer will rarely stand a chance in melee with the lack of PS. Sure he can block a couple of times, but unless the inf is a complete douche then the lack of melee wpf also begins to tell. Simple fact is, not every class is going to be able to kill every class. It doesn't work that way, it never can, unless you make everyone wear exactly the same thing.

HA have plenty of counters, it just so happens that you aren't one of them and so feel the need to bitch about it.

Maybe you get pwned. And if you would be more intelligent, you would find out that Roran was responsible for resurrection.

Archers can fight back just fine with that 1 slot mace, Inhummanae do it all the time. It's not really that hard.
thx,  finally i know how to wright write melee.  and na no,  that wasnt an argument,  just felt good to say it. 
 i played inf long enough,  back when thefinn was around.  and i love the fact that challenges must be overcome together. and i love killing people who have better starting positions.  i fuckin love beeing the underdog. 
 and no. not everyone has the chance to kill in a 1vs1 inf situation.  thats bull crap. 
i like that you defend youre position,  but i dont like youre position cause its gay.  and its fun trolling so stop being fucking  offended.  after all,  this is the internet. 

I'm not offended, why should i ? As i stated above, archer can fight back just fine. Against HA, inf don't even stand a chance to get into range thanks to stupid mechanic of horses (bump then hit lying target is most obvious, if infantry decide to chamber attack to damage horse or rider, shoot earlier, it's not like you can hit his shield, and even then infantry is stunned). equus africanus asinus.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 08, 2011, 02:52:19 pm »
Maybe you get pwned. And if you would be more intelligent, you would find out that Roran was responsible for resurrection.

Archers can fight back just fine with that 1 slot mace, Inhummanae do it all the time. It's not really that hard.
I'm not offended, why should i ? As i stated above, archer can fight back just fine. Against HA, inf don't even stand a chance to get into range thanks to stupid mechanic of horses (bump then hit lying target is most obvious, if infantry decide to chamber attack to damage horse or rider, shoot earlier, it's not like you can hit his shield, and even then infantry is stunned). equus africanus asinus.

The resurrection part wasn't aimed at you. It wasn't in direct reply to you. It was a general comment. If you'd have even the smallest amount of intelligence you'd have noticed it was separated from the line that said 'Lech'. Therefore it didn't refer to you. Jeez this isn't all about you :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 02:53:50 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 08, 2011, 04:20:26 pm »
whew.  i had been studying for 20h straight and just wanted to get into a fight.  im done with studdying for at least half a day, so im done with the forum aswell.  see ya in ten hours i guess ^^
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #233 on: July 08, 2011, 04:32:32 pm »
Yeah, team should organize to kill ONE cavalry or ha target. You realized it's always about cavalry, nobody need to organize to kill one infantry or one archer, yet team should organize to kill one cavalry. Damn elitist.

On NA, we routinely organize to kill one particularly lethal infantry target, at least with my clan. Even random plebs catch on quickly and do this on their own.

Cyranule, Kesh, Harmless Peasant, Balbaroth, [insert random old-school RS Chaos member here], all have been viable "hunts" just to name a few. I have also lost track of the amount of "Goretooth" safaris that we have organized.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 04:33:37 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #234 on: July 08, 2011, 05:04:12 pm »
+1
I have also lost track of the amount of "Goretooth" safaris that we have organized.

Those boar hunts are always dangerous, so many friends gored in the process. :(.

But seriously this whole thread is really really silly.  I fear a high athletics longbow archer 3 times as much as any horse archer.  There are only a few that have all their bows, arrows, horse, adn armor heirloomed that actually makes this class a viable threat.  But for most their usually 5 powerdraw does next to nothing against decent armor and their unheirloomed horses can be shot down unless they dance at extreme ranges to shoot, in which case their arrows do even less damage.  I am far more scared of them when they pull out a fast weapon on an arabian or even worse a lance on a courser/arabian as they can actually start doing a lot of damage with just as little ability to retaliate (if using a lance).  Its actually an overall pretty weak class, thats main annoyance factor is they are often last to die and delay rounds.  If you really find them annoying guard your archer from lancers with a pike (though that is actually rather tough witht the speed/maneuverability of coursers/arabians) and have them shoot down the horse archers.

The only thing I would change is to decrease the maneuverability of the arabian warhorse as it makes it far too easy to dodge arrows with it even at mid-range and you end up spending half a quiver just trying to kill 1 weak horse archer.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 05:05:36 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 11, 2011, 01:49:41 am »
Is it me or are crosshairs now WIDE open on horseback. I have 4 ha and 172 wpf.

Offline Remy

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remy_the_Fox
  • IRC nick: Remy
« Reply #236 on: July 11, 2011, 03:33:30 am »
It would appear so.

Unless employing the stop, wait, shoot, move method; I found the HA is now more of a "shotgun" wielder. Wherein, you ride so close to an enemy the entire cross-hair covers them and then you shoot.

Fox, Horse Archer, Tker of Chagan.

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 11, 2011, 03:36:03 am »
It would appear so.

Unless employing the stop, wait, shoot, move method; I found the HA is now more of a "shotgun" wielder. Wherein, you ride so close to an enemy the entire cross-hair covers them and then you shoot.
hm might aswell use a lance

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #238 on: July 11, 2011, 03:38:24 am »
hm might aswell use a lance

you must be trolling here...lance is pathetic now

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 11, 2011, 04:07:43 am »
+2
you must be trolling here...lance is pathetic now

so is HA.